Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slash's Solo Album

Go down 
+19
7thSaviour
tohostudios
MetalH
T-Roy
Eyesore
MetalRob331
TheGooch
skullsmasher
arttieTHE1manparty
powermacho
manny
Getizzyback
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
sam
Gilbert
Addy
Troublezone
akeldama
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:57 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=117023
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:09 am

I heard Steven Adler is playing on one song. I probably will check this out.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:10 am

I heard bout Fergie being on the album but didnt know Ozzy will too that will be so kick ass
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Slash...What a great guitar player...But i can't stand his looks. Especially that hat.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:30 am

he doesnt play guitar with his looks or his hat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:45 pm

cool, might be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:12 pm

I'll be picking this up either way, but I'd be fine if it was just an instrumental album. I'm vaugely aware of who Fergie is, but I'm pretty sure I don't need to hear her voice.

I'm not sure where it's from, but Slash put out an instrumental acoutic guitar song that gets played on the jazz station on satellite radio. It's a beautiful piece.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:44 pm

I'll be interested. I love the vibe and sound of the early G'n'R and Snakepit. If it is along those lines, I'll probably pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:19 pm

I heard Sebastian Bach will be singing a song on this, this is a good
opportunity for him to show he should be the next VR frontman.

DOn't dare say Skid Roses! Nobody was saying Stone Temple Roses
when Scott was picked, listen to Messages and Gravedancer, 2 STP
sounding songs, I do say so myself!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Getizzyback wrote:

I think Sebastain Bach is an excellent vocalist, but Mr Bach says he won't do it since he is still good friends with Axl, and also I donot think VR are inclined to offer him to vacant vocal spot, I think they are afaird that it make them seem like an 80's throwback than a modern metal band, which is the way they want to be seen.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:43 pm

let's se what he comes out with
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:37 pm

manny wrote:

I think Sebastain Bach is an excellent vocalist, but Mr Bach says he won't do it since he is still good friends with Axl, and also I donot think VR are inclined to offer him to vacant vocal spot, I think they are afaird that it make them seem like an 80's throwback than a modern metal band, which is the way they want to be seen.

I'm sorry to totally disagree here, I guess they weren't any more afraid of being
taken as a 90s grunge band with Weiland. I kinda get sick of hearing music getting catagorized by what year it came out, I mean good is good and bad is bad, what difference does the year make? IMO sounding 80s could be a good thing anyways, not much I can say for today vs the 80s. Man I hate that word "modern", like it's some excuse word to put out anything and it's already to be taken as good music before someone has even a chance to listen.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:23 am

I'll get it eventually, but its not as high on my wantlist as Duff's new Loaded disc.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:08 am

Gilbert wrote:
Slash...What a great guitar player...But i can't stand his looks. Especially that hat.

Men shouldn't judge other mens looks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:56 am

Getizzyback wrote:

Bach wont be the next VR frontman mainly because he is close friends with Axl Rose and has said that for him would be a conflict of interest

Well considering that Weiland writes the harmonies in STP and did so for VR yeah they would sound very Weiland-ish dont ya think? When Weiland joined VR I was LOVING IT!!!! I was equally pissed off when he was axed

Last edited by Addy on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:57 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I'll get it eventually, but its not as high on my wantlist as Duff's new Loaded disc.

Arttie

Yeah I want that disk too

Ive always liked Duff ever since he put out Believe In Me
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Addy wrote:
arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

Arttie

Yeah I want that disk too

Ive always liked Duff ever since he put out Believe In Me

Belive in Me didn't hold up well to me. I listened to it not too long ago and there are some ok songs, but too much that sounds like he was drunk when he recorded it. The Loaded stuff sounds much better, from what I've heard.

As for Baz, he's gone on record a few times now saying that he wouldn't sing for VR. Of course anything is possible, but I seriously don't see that happening.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:40 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
manny wrote:

I'm sorry to totally disagree here, I guess they weren't any more afraid of being
taken as a 90s grunge band with Weiland. I kinda get sick of hearing music getting catagorized by what year it came out, I mean good is good and bad is bad, what difference does the year make? IMO sounding 80s could be a good thing anyways, not much I can say for today vs the 80s. Man I hate that word "modern", like it's some excuse word to put out anything and it's already to be taken as good music before someone has even a chance to listen.

I can see where your coming from, but to music critics it was lot cooler to be in Stone Temple Pilots ( who press bashed as Pearl Jam clones BTW ) than to be in Skid Row, I think that is silly since personally I am fan of both STP and Skid Row.

Back to the original point, I was speculating as far as motives of why they may have choosen Weiland over Bach, but I am not sure if that is the reason why or if they simply felt that Weiland was a better fit for VR. I do remember reading somewhere that both Sebastian Bach and the Buckcherry vocalist both tryed out for the band.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:42 pm

I would choose Bas any day Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:41 am

Don't get me wrong about Weiland, I liked him in VR, I will admit
it took a while for me to get into his voice. Now I own a few
STP discs as well!

I just think now, why not give Bach a chance and see if he can
put his stamp on the band. He has the vocals to do it. Check out
his Angel Down music, he's got fast tempo, slow tempo, stuff that
could be 80s to stuff right now. I think he is capable of going any
route for any group. Yea he tried out for the band a LONG time ago,
at a time before they had the material they have now. It would
be a different animal this time. As for not doing it because of Axl's
friendship, I really think it would be an opportunity Bach could not
pass up if offered the job, yea it might hurt that friendship, but if
that would be the case, who needs friends? Axl should just tell him
good luck, no hard feelings and don't bring Slash to my house.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:45 am

I think Sebastain Bach has a great voice, I have not heard any of his solo material, but I do have the old Skid Row CD's, and that guy has got a hell of range.

I do think it would be interesting to hear Bach sing over Slash's riffs, and I hope it happens someday, but I doubt it will be under the Velvet Revolver name.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:02 am

i think it would be a good pairing, doubt it will happen though as everyone would say "skid roses" no matter how good it is
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:04 am

For Metal Rob, some good news for you

Slash has got the final singer in place for his self-titled solo album.
He’s Alter Bridge man Myles Kennedy, who joins Ozzy, M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold and Chris Cornell in stretching his tonsils for the cause of the debut solo album from Slash.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:40 am

The more I hear about this album, the more dis-illusioned I'm getting. The "all-star" list of vocalists is not impressing me. Slash is one of my favorite guitarists, but I get the feeling he's trying to branch out musically and that doesn't interest me. Hard rock is fine. Hearing Fergie sing is not.

I'll give it a shot, but it's probably not gona be a priority purchase.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUtV2LSfVg&feature=player_embedded#

B-side or not, this track is not making me want to hear more of this album. At least Axl had the decency to remove any rapping from Chinese Democracy.

Slash's Solo Album 810647

Slash's Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slash's Solo Album
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next