Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature

Go down 
+22
Required Fields
T-Roy
brokentulsa
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
DallasBlack
exact33
Stender
Lari
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
stepcousin
jettafiend
Leatherface
SpectreFate
manny
ZombieHavoc
Shawn Of Fire
deathisgain
Dark Horseman
James B.
Fat Freddy
Chrome Locust
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Empty
PostSubject: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 am

Ok, there is too much road to cover here, so lets just keep it simple and away from the bands - and to, 'WERE YOU EVER A METAL FASHION VICTIM?"

Be honest.

Me, I can sumgly say I have never been, always jeans and a t-shirt look. But I saw cats on my local metal bar wearing the most stupid sh,it thinking they were so cool. Absolutely cringing. The worst look was when Whitesnake and Def Leppard went mega in the late 80's and all these guys were poncing about my local knocking shop wearing cowboy boots over stretch faded blue jeans and those awful tassled jackets. And always some horrible Tshirts with a Japanese symbol on it (remember those?), and bangles on their wrists - it was embarrasing.

I'm just getting the ball rolling, please contribute to this thread as it is side splitting to look back.

Or that crusty look, when I saw loads of idiots who thought it was cool to wear rags, never wash their hair so it went into knots, and listen to the Levelers Laughing very hard Plus cover thier arms in celtic tattoos. OMG, I'm crying laughing here.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 am

I had a black leather jacket with fringes across the back and down the arms. That was about as "criminal" as I got. Some of the old timers 'round here probably remember a photo I posted of myself in it some time ago, don't know where that thread is now though. I bought that jacket cuz Dave Mustaine had worn the same one in the "No More Mr. Nice Guy" video (and I thought it would make me stand out from my friends, all of whom had the basic, plain black biker jacket). Unfortunately, Jon Bon Jovi also wore the same one in one of his videos so I ended up taking a lot of crap for it. Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature 19976

Oh, and I had a pair of the fingerless black leather "driving gloves", which I stopped wearing cuz they made my hands sweat and the dye in the gloves would stain my hands blue for a couple of days. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 am

My biggest gripe back in the day wasn't actually with an "image" sported by a band onstage but more with guys in the club audience decked out and not even being musicians. Those are who we called "posers". I auditioned for some bands that toyed with that image before but semed to be steppin away from it at that particular time. The bigest problem with guys in the club dressing like chicks was that I saw alot of dudes cop a feel on the back of some spandex and was shocked to see it wasn't a Betty they fondled Laughing very hard

I was always the jeans and t shirt type. I mess with people and go 70's stoner, surfer, biker, sport a Poison shirt at a Bay Area Death Angel show or wear a Vio-lence shirt to a Warrant show on the Strip.

In hindsight, the jeans, t shirt, denim vest/leather jacket is just as much an image as spandex and hairspray ever was. Perhaps, not as flamboyant or homo-erotic. Still a fashion statement nonethe less.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:40 am

Oh yeah, I used to wear knee high moccosins with tassles on them. But I got them in 1979 when I joined Lethal Dose. I was emulating my then and still drum hero, Tommy F'n Aldridge headbanger who sported them in his Black Oak Arkansas days.

I still own them too.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:48 am

Had the leather jacket and black cowboy boots but I rarely tucked my pants in them. Mostly I did the t-shirt and jeans thing.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am

Never got into that. The closest I ever came to it was a blousey paisley shirt that I wore once when playing a gig. But for the most time it was jeans and a t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 am

Never had a fringed jacket...but I certainly had the black biker jacket (and I've never driven a motorcycle in my life)...

I also had faux-snakeskin cowboy boots at one point.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 am

http://rockbrat.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/p10100012.jpg?w=300&h=223

Check out the guy in the brown jacket Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:58 am

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature P10100012

For all us lazy folks who don't like to click on hyper-links like the one posted above

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 pm

I wasn't entirely honest: when I was 15 I went to a gig dressed in black and red striped jeans, an american sleevless NFL shirt with a check shirt (long sleeves) running through it. I thought I looked so awesome - I got laughed out of the venue, I was so embarresed and butthurt. Stuck to jeans, tshirts, sneakers after that horrible incident Razz
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 pm

James B. wrote:
Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature P10100012

For all us lazy folks who don't like to click on hyper-links like the one posted above

Nice one, man. headbanger
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 pm

I was too young in the late 80s and early 90s to really actually wear all the stuff. But I really wanted to. If I had the means as an 11-year-old to get some of the stuff my favorite bands wore, I would have in a heartbeat.

I still think all that stuff looks awesome, though. Maybe not on me, but in general.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I was too young in the late 80s and early 90s to really actually wear all the stuff. But I really wanted to. If I had the means as an 11-year-old to get some of the stuff my favorite bands wore, I would have in a heartbeat.

I still think all that stuff looks awesome, though. Maybe not on me, but in general.

I see you have Alice as your profile; I'm just getting into him in the last year or so, would you believe? Mad isn't it? I'm 43 and just getting into Alice.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I see you have Alice as your profile; I'm just getting into him in the last year or so, would you believe? Mad isn't it? I'm 43 and just getting into Alice.

Better than late than never when it comes to Alice. He's sort of a family affair with me. Whenever he rolls around, it's me, my wife, my mother, brother and sister that all go see him. I've been a fan since I heard "Poison" in 1989.

At least you have a lot of excellent albums to be listening to now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm

I did not wear spandex or get a mullet, but I would take my band t shirts and immediatley cut off the collar and the arms of the t shirts, making me look like a run of a mill dirtbag, which I guess was the look I was going for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 pm

I was yet another of the band t-shirt, blue jeans, biker boots and leather jacket crowd. Most of the bands I liked to listen to at the time dressed basically the same way I did.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Basically, I dressed like Tony from River's Edge, except I was never that cool. Smile

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Image3hg
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Better than late than never when it comes to Alice. He's sort of a family affair with me. Whenever he rolls around, it's me, my wife, my mother, brother and sister that all go see him. I've been a fan since I heard "Poison" in 1989.

At least you have a lot of excellent albums to be listening to now.

I got into hard rock in 1975, so its incredible I missed Alice (although he was not popular in this country so I never got to hear him till the 80's). I didn't like the Poison song which was huge as I'm more into the heavier stuff, so I kind of let him pass me by - but I did see him on that tour, as I got free tickets to all the shows back then, and it was Dublin and he didn't bring his show, and the place was empty and I left after one song. I know that sounds terrible, but I was with a serious looking chick I'd just picked up and other things were on my mind, so I don't regret mot staying. But nowadays as an old fart, I'd chew my arm off to see him. I was in a pound shop a couple of years ago and I saw Wicked Young Man and Dragon town double CD for a buck - yeah, serious, one Euro, so I grabbed it and gave it a go and it blew me away. I listen to his show quite a lot as well and he's played a couple of songs I emailed him to ask to play - so over all very much Mr Nice Guy. Plus my wife who is 19 years older than me has got into him as well, so its cool.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Had the black leather jacket which I never wore but a few times because I thought it felt too heavy. Also wore the standard black metal t-shirts, jeans and tennis shoes. Never had the long hair because my family would never let me grow my hair out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Also wore the standard black metal t-shirts, jeans and tennis shoes. Never had the long hair because my family would never let me grow my hair out.

X2. I had to suffer through the Pearl Jam and Nirvana plaid scene in high school, but never fell prey to the trends thankfully. I did own a t-shirt of NIN's Downward Spiral with the lyrics to "Head Like a Hole" on the back, but at the time I was heavily into industrial like Mortal, Argyle Park, Chatterbox and Circle of Dust. I still like the last 3 bands, but Mortal just does not hold up at all.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Had the black leather jacket which I never wore but a few times because I thought it felt too heavy. Also wore the standard black metal t-shirts, jeans and tennis shoes. Never had the long hair because my family would never let me grow my hair out.

Laughing very hard my old dear was the opposite, she is a list of contradictions, hated the music, hated the lifestyle, but loved my hair - she always liked it long. She was was the only one I'd let cut it for split ends. I'm 43 now and still have all my hair so I'm lucky I guess. My missus cuts it when it gets out of control. I have curly hair like Jim Morrison only a lot thicker that grows beyond the collar then makes a serious beeline to grow out rather than down. When I straighten it, it goes halfway down my back, that's when I get it cut back up to my collar - get my hair cut once a year, it grows so fast. I could get it seriously layred and trimmed to grow it to my ass - but I did all that as a kid and its too much hard work to look after, and I'm not chasing chicks anymore. Let it grow into a mess, then get it hacked and start over. Just pulling at it now, its about two or three inches down my back - so I have 3 months grace before I bother to get it cut again.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:40 pm

I had hair to my butt crack on graduation night (May 1983)

Know I keep the head shaved and grow the beard long

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm

James B. wrote:

I'm guessing a few tats either arm as as well. I only got the one - been meaning to get a match for the left arm.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
James B. wrote:

I'm guessing a few tats either arm as as well. I only got the one - been meaning to get a match for the left arm.

My shoulders are capped and I am blasted to the elbows on both arms (half sleeves)

Ink is kewl but has gottten way too trendy.

It definitely doesn't make someone automatically kewl, much less more kewl than those who don't have any.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:18 pm

So now the hair on your butt crack needs the trims? Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature 778825
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next