Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour

Go down 
+18
MetalH
Jesusandmetal23
Stender
pcozby
kmorg
thejokeriv
Addy
akeldama
Troublezone
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
MetalGuy71
manny
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 am

So far I'm really enjoying this. Read over 100 pages last night ...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:00 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I've read a lot of stuff saying that there really isn't much in this book that hasn't been said in the VH1 special or 'Some Kind of Monster'..

I'm finding that to be true of allot of these "rock star autobiographies" anymore. If you're a super fan-boy of a certain artist, you know most of their stories already. While they were still an entertaining read, Slash's and Joey Kramer's books didn't reveal anything too shocking that I hadn't already heard. And if the story involves other people, forget it. It has to be proofed by a team of lawyers to make sure nothing liablous (sp?) is said.

That being said, I still want to get both Mustaine's and Steven Adler's books.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:03 am

Yeah, I've learned a few bits of minor Megadeth trivia from Dave's book thus far, but no really earth-shattering surprises.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:04 pm

I heard there was a lot taken out of the book that would have gotten him into some trouble. I have yet to read the book. Been waiting for the right time.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I heard there was a lot taken out of the book that would have gotten him into some trouble. I have yet to read the book. Been waiting for the right time.

I am waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I read a similiar thing with Slash's book, which is starting to cloud my judgement on all of these books coming out.

He could have a great story about a time when him & James did piles of blow and banged 50 groupies 3-ways-to-Sunday, but if James (or his people) says "Dude, not cool", well, out it goes.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Yea its like well if "Everything" can't be talked about, then whats the sense? Most of this stuff is on wikipedia for free lol

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Not too shabby for a 1st time author...

Quote :
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine's autobiography, "Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir" (formerly "Hello Me... Meet The Real Me"), has landed at position No. 15 on the New York Times "Hardcover Nonfiction" best sellers list. The book was released in the U.S. on August 3 via HarperCollins's It Books imprint (focusing on pop culture, sports, style and content derived from the Internet). The U.K. edition, "Mustaine: A Life In Metal", will hit bookstores in the U.K. on September 30.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:01 pm

And last-time author. What could he follow this up with that as many people would want to read?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Im almost on page 200 Im loving it, some stuff ive heard already but Im still loving it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Addy wrote:
Im almost on page 200 Im loving it, some stuff ive heard already but Im still loving it
Agreed, I did like reading his candid take on his time in metallica, not really new info to me but I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:35 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
So far I'm really enjoying this. Read over 100 pages last night ...

Yeah, I'm only on page 120, but I'm really enjoying it. It appears that Dave is being as honest and candid as he can possibly be. Plus, he's a good writer and storyteller with a strong vocabulary.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:54 pm

I just finished the book this morning, i spent 4 hrs getting my car worked on so I finished the book

I agree fully that Dave is a good writer and has a good use of vocabulary and that he is being honest and candid as he can be. I really enjoyed reading this and would recommend it to any fan of Megadeth

I look forward to Dave's future work
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
Addy wrote:
Agreed, I did like reading his candid take on his time in metallica, not really new info to me but I enjoyed it.

Agreed I also liked about the stuff he said bout the bus ride back, that stuff is normally is what's left out and after reading it I feel I have a better insight into the whole thing with Mustaine and Metallica specifically James and Lars.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Finished the Mustaine book this afternoon (rainy day, perfect for curling up with a book...)... great read!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:02 pm

I picked the book up yesterday. I haven't started yet as I'm finishing up another book. But I can't wait to read this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4