Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?

Go down 
+21
journeyman
MoonChild
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
brokentulsa
Runicen
Temple of Blood
DakotaRogers
James B.
choosemetal
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
glassprison
the sentinel
corplhicks
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
Thelemech
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Empty
PostSubject: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 2:30 pm

"These are the Daves I know. Dave Mustaine. I hardly know him."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 2:45 pm

hahahahahaha. BRUCE!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 2:51 pm

I love Dave and think that he is one of the greatest guitar players to ever have picked up the instrument.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 2:59 pm

He's a talented wack-a-doodle, but then so are most of the best musicians.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 3:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
He's a talented wack-a-doodle, but then so are most of the best musicians.

Watch it with the potty-mouth, mister.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 4:06 pm

I think Dave is a complete loon with absolutely no filter between the thoughts in his drug addled mind and his mouth.

I can relate!  lol!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 5:27 pm

If you look really close, you'll see a little bit of Dave in each one of us.

[swelling orchestra]
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 9:25 pm

I like him well enough as a person and a lot as a musician/artist. Smile
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 9:43 pm

I don't pay much attention to anything he says or does. I like every Megadeth release though.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 9:47 pm

I've enjoyed the majority of his recorded output and seen him live many times.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

I like MegaDave.... killer guitarist!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 pm

With most bands it's disappointing when the lead singer doesn't engage the crowd much. But with Megadeth I've never cared, and their live sets are always fun even if Dave says around a total of five words between songs the entire show.

Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 am

I like Dave great guy and musician.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:32 am

All I know about is his talent as a musician/songwriter, which is top shelf. (IMHDO)

The other stuff I know nothing about. Who is to say that the stuff he blurts out in the media is how he actually feels about anything ? Lots of entertainers say whatever just to get some press, who knows ?

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 1:16 am

^ What James B. said.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 11:01 am

Random Thoughts:

He's my favorite musician of all time, I love everything he's ever done (with the exception of "Super Collider.")

His politics are cringe-worthy, especially as of lately. I died a little inside when I saw him on the Alex Jones Show. I can agree that the whole Sandy Hook affair was suspicious as f**k, but you probably shouldn't say the things he did in public.

Wish he'd stop mentioning Metallica in the press, or anywhere preferably. Every other word out of that man's mouth is "Metallica" or "James" - it's embarrassing. They have nothing but contempt for him, clearly, but Dave is blissfully unaware, suggesting at one point that they should get together and make some music.

One hell of a martial artist, if you take his word for it: Judo-throwing James Hetfield into a entertainment shelf, and breaking Phil Sandoval's leg (supposedly.)

His "love songs" make me want to projectile vomit, with the exception of Last Rites/Loved to Death, of course.

Really dig his verbally abusive stage presence.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 11:32 am

One of my very favorite guitarists.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
Really dig his verbally abusive stage presence.

Has he been bittering up on stage again? I saw him on the "System Has Failed" tour and he was nothing but gracious and cool as hell. There was even a couple there with their kid up against the barricade and he stopped between songs to say hey and give the kid a guitar pick (the kid, incidentally, seemed MASSIVELY uncomfortable to be getting so much attention Laughing).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm

As a musician, I think he's excellent. Otherwise, I don't really have an opinion on him.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:45 pm

I like dave...he is a great musician, his band is awesome and they stomp the crap out of Metallica...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:52 pm

I love the musician, I love the train-wreck that he used to be (because he survived), I love the whole Megadeth vs Metallica thing (which he orchestrated), and though I prefer bands with stable lineups, I somehow have never held it against him for the revolving door of musicians, even though I didn't warm up to a few those lineups. Dave's a spokesperson for the genre, even when one has to raise the people's eyebrow to some of the things that he says. It's like Hetfield stated a few years back, Dave has a golden horseshoe that resides up his ass. James knows how lucky this guy is to be alive and we the fans are lucky to have him and the legacy he has created.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:15 pm

He is one of the most talented guitar players. Respect.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I like MegaDave.... killer guitarist!

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:06 pm

I like Dave. Great musician.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?   What do YOU think of Mega-Dave? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do YOU think of Mega-Dave?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: