Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour

Go down 
+18
MetalH
Jesusandmetal23
Stender
pcozby
kmorg
thejokeriv
Addy
akeldama
Troublezone
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
MetalGuy71
manny
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 am

Peace Sells, because it's the far superior album. Smile

But I'd take Risk or Kill Em All in just to get under his skin. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:42 am

SpectreFate wrote:

But I'd take Risk or Kill Em All in just to get under his skin. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_smile

Laughing very hard My friend and I joked about showing up to the signing in Metallica shirts and asking him to autograph a KILL'EM ALL record. Imagine the headline in the paper the next day: "LOCAL WISE ASSES SEVERELY BEATEN BY ROCK GUITARIST"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:43 am

Quote :
"LOCAL WISE ASSES SEVERELY BEATEN BY ROCK GUITARIST"

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:11 pm

I got my copy of Mustaine in the mail yesterday. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:33 pm

My friend picked our books up the other day and we are going back there next week to get them signed. We were told that they got a email from his management that he wouldn't sign anything other than the book. Kinda Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 576953 but I guess he doesn't want to be there all day. Hey that rhymes haha

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Last i saw there was no Nashville stop, My wife and I might hit the bookstore today and if so I think Im gonna get it

I still need to get the Steve Adler one, and Ozzy's
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:46 pm

GO with peace sells keith. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 11840

Im definately going to try and make that portland one.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:54 pm

PEACE SELLS
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Just picked up Mustaine's book
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
We were told that they got a email from his management that he wouldn't sign anything other than the book.

Ehhhh...that bites. Sad Oh well, can't hurt to bring a CD along anyway in case he's in a good mood.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
We were told that they got a email from his management that he wouldn't sign anything other than the book.

Ehhhh...that bites. Sad Oh well, can't hurt to bring a CD along anyway in case he's in a good mood.

I believe you can order the books signed online incase anyone can't make it to one of the signings.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:37 am

Probably but the fun part of getting a signed copy is meeting the man himself. Id rather do it that way or not at all.

Just me though

Ive started reading it so far i have a hard time putting it down Im loving it......
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:42 am

It's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to get downtown for the Philly signing, but I'm certainly looking forward to reading the book.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Leaving at 4:00 to get my booked signed. Is it wrong that I really don't feel like going? lol Its HOT AS HELL out today!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Leaving at 4:00 to get my booked signed. Is it wrong that I really don't feel like going? lol Its HOT AS HELL out today!

Hope the heat doesn't make Dave all grouchy. Laughing

Enjoy and have a cold beer after the signing, you'll feel much better!!

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:19 pm

haha me too. I was thinking of throwing him a Phoenix Reign cd too hahaha. If the heat doesn't make him grouchy maybe that will cause he probably wouldn't care.

How about a water or soda? I don't drink. lol

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:30 pm

How about a water or soda? I don't drink. lol

Whatever works for ya man. Laughing

Looking forward to hearing a report of your experience, since I'm going tomorrow night. I hope Dave's not a dick. Haha.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm sure its going to pretty much be a in and out kind of deal with a bunch of annoying metal heads yelling MEGADETH! MEGADETH! DAAAAVE! YEAAAAAAAAAAH! METALLICA SUCKS! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
It'll be fun hahaha

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:44 pm

I'm sure its going to pretty much be a in and out kind of deal with a bunch of annoying metal heads yelling MEGADETH! MEGADETH! DAAAAVE! YEAAAAAAAAAAH! METALLICA SUCKS! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
It'll be fun hahaha

Laughing very hard Oh yeah, I'm expecting to see some fat sweaty fanboys comparing their Vic Rattlehead tattoos with each other while I'm waiting on line... Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It'll be fun hahaha

Laughing very hard Oh yeah, I'm expecting to see some fat sweaty fanboys comparing their Vic Rattlehead tattoos with each other while I'm waiting on line... Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Lol

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:02 pm

None of the signings are anywhere near me but I did get a copy of the book, an interesting read so far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
None of the signings are anywhere near me but I did get a copy of the book, an interesting read so far.

+1
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Closest he's coming is Sacto September 1st. Might have to get the day off and check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Heres a picture of my book! What an anti-climatic event lol. Got there at 4:30 and he didn't show up til 7. Thankfully there wasn't any annoying metal heads haha. Except for this one guy who was first in line that seemed to be bothered if anyone was standing in front of him, so much that he had to tell everyone that the lined was back there lol. My freind and I kept making fun of him haha. So 7:00 rolls up and dave starts walking up the stairs to the table. He waves and sits down. Then they open the line up for people to start getting books signed. Basically the people who worked their took your book, opened it to the spot where it was to be signed and put it on the table in front of him. Dave looks at you and says "Hey, whats up? Whats your name" and then writes your name and his in the book and he was just like "Thanks" and then you just walk away. No pictures, no talking it was just kind of awkward. I know that yea its a long line, which actually went around the building. We thought it wasn't that big til we went outside haha. I tried to hand him my cd which he went to grab, but the stupid lady from the book store took it and handed it back to me. Oh well not like he was going to listen to it anyway probably. It was cool though but you just really didn't have any interaction.

My friend just called me and someone he was related to was there as well, and he told Dave that he was his idol and that he had a megadeth guitar that he had won or something. Dave took the kids hand and held it and said "Here have some mojo" haha.

Well heres my book.
Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Sd530319

While I was there I picked up the Steven Adler book autographed as well. He was there a few weeks ago but I didn't know.

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Sd530320

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next