Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour

Go down 
+18
MetalH
Jesusandmetal23
Stender
pcozby
kmorg
thejokeriv
Addy
akeldama
Troublezone
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
MetalGuy71
manny
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 am

Cool man. Lookin' forward to Dave's signing in NJ tonight... even if I don't get to "interact" with Dave, it'll still be a much-needed night out with no wife/kids. Haven't had one of them in quite awhile now. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetalMerchant
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetalMerchant

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:57 am

Lucky man you are I am from Oz we got no chance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavymetalmerchant.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:24 am

I almost got the Steve Adler book Its on my list of wanna reads, but right now I am really enjoying the Mustaine book
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Dave wrote this on his facebook

Droogies,

Well, I got the first official American in-store meet ‘n greet for my autobiography done today at the Book Revue bookstore in Huntington, New York and the group of about 300 Droogies that were there were fantastic.

Of course there were the 'usuals' there that tried to be "special" but the bookstore took care of... things so that it would be cool for EVERYBODY and so we could take care of EVERYBODY.

I just gotta laugh though, watching these bookworms get all bowed up, especially when the 'usuals' are trying to be all "rebellious" and but I guess even a library has one or two dickweeds to deal with over the course of time.

I really can't get over how much I enjoyed myself today doing all of the press and promotion around this book. I had just a great, great day today. I look forward to the signing tomorrow again, and if you didn't get a chance to meet me earlier today there in Long Island, please come to the in-store tomorrow.

We’re close enough now with the shows being almost 'city by city' with this area out here that we’re playing, if you don’t see me at one of the in-stores you can certainly come a little bit farther and see me at the next one.

I would like to make something really easy to understand too. I will gladly sign any of your records, photos, guitars, and stuff like that in the appropriate places. But this is for my autobiography and the bookstore, it’s their rules, and that’s just how it is.

If you want to meet and hang out; there are several ways to do this. You can do stuff through the fan club with the meet ‘n greets; and if you want a deeper experience than that, you can certainly sign up for "I Love All Access" which is the ultimate fan experience.

We've got something for everybody here at Megadeth.com, just try and be understanding and we’ll accommodate you in any way we can.

NOTE: If you come up to me with a guitar pick guard for me to sign for a Stratocaster, (a Fender guitar style or shape) and WE ALL KNOW by now that I play only Dean VMNT's and Zero's, I am going to respectfully decline.

For me, for now, that’s it.

Love y'all!

Megaman

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 pm

He called you dickweed, Fat Freddy. you're going to take that from him?

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Lol

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:22 pm

kmorg wrote:

Whatchoo talkin' bout? I wasn't at the Huntington signing. He must've been talking about PRD. Laughing

...besides, I prefer the term "Fanboy," thank you very much. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 19976

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Are you one of the usuals?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:48 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Are you one of the usuals?

I pride myself on being one of the "unusuals" actually. Laughing

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Whatchoo talkin' bout? I wasn't at the Huntington signing. He must've been talking about PRD. Laughing

...besides, I prefer the term "Fanboy," thank you very much. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 19976

lol I actually didn't understand that. Was he talking about the regular people who shop in the store that were bothered by the amount of people that came to the signing? Thats how I read that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

I hope to pick up Dave's book soon. No book signing since there's not one remotely close to where I live.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

lol I actually didn't understand that. Was he talking about the regular people who shop in the store that were bothered by the amount of people that came to the signing? Thats how I read that.

Possibly. I think he might also have been referring to bookstore "regulars" who show up for these signings just to get an autographed book for their collections, even if they don't know who the author doing the signing is.

My brother has been to a couple of signings at the store I'm going to tonight (Denis Leary, Darryl Strawberry and a couple of others) and he's said that he has noticed quite a few people like that waiting on line at these things. Either they are just autograph hounds, or they plan to sell the signed books on eBay.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Ah thats probably it. I did see a few of those

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:02 pm

So hey, okay, I met Dave Mustaine tonight. My Mustaine Book Signing experience was pretty similar to PRD's, right down to the hot-as-hell weather. Haha. But seriously, it was a good time. My friend Brian and I got to the bookstore around 6 pm (signing started at 7) and there were only a few dozen people ahead of us. So we stood out on the sidewalk sweating our asses off till the line finally started to move. Brian had already bought our books in advance so we didn't have that extra hassle.

The line went thru the store (boy were we glad to finally get inside the building, where there was AC!) and downstairs to the "fun & games" room (in addition to books this store also sells board games, educational toys, etc.), where Dave was sitting at a table in the corner. He's a lot shorter than I pictured him, haha.

Brian was on line in front of me so he got to say hi to him first. They were moving people thru the line pretty quick so we had maybe five seconds to talk to him, if that. Brian told Dave that both of us had seen Megadeth open for Judas Priest @ the Meadowlands 20 years ago, and Dave sez "Wow, that was a long time ago huh?" When it was my turn I told him I'd been a fanboy ever since that show and said "You totally wiped the floor with Judas Priest that night. I've been waiting 20 years to tell you that." He shook my hand and said "Well, hey, thanks a lot."

Dave wasn't taking photos with fans but people were snapping random pix all the while as they were waiting on line, so I took a quick snap with my phone too so I had something to show the young'uns.

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 39028_1481306306614_1052500800_1481447_1616395_n
Mustaine!! (and random bookstore people)

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 33520_1481307066633_1052500800_1481448_905557_n

Autograaaaaaaph!!!

Afterwards Brian and I walked a few blocks to a pub that had 60 different beers on tap and had a pint or three, then I hit the road for home. A very good (and METAL) time was had by all.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So hey, okay, I met Dave Mustaine tonight. My Mustaine Book Signing experience was pretty similar to PRD's, right down to the hot-as-hell weather. Haha. But seriously, it was a good time. My friend Brian and I got to the bookstore around 6 pm (signing started at 7) and there were only a few dozen people ahead of us. So we stood out on the sidewalk sweating our asses off till the line finally started to move. Brian had already bought our books in advance so we didn't have that extra hassle.

The line went thru the store (boy were we glad to finally get inside the building, where there was AC!) and downstairs to the "fun & games" room (in addition to books this store also sells board games, educational toys, etc.), where Dave was sitting at a table in the corner. He's a lot shorter than I pictured him, haha.

Brian was on line in front of me so he got to say hi to him first. They were moving people thru the line pretty quick so we had maybe five seconds to talk to him, if that. Brian told Dave that both of us had seen Megadeth open for Judas Priest @ the Meadowlands 20 years ago, and Dave sez "Wow, that was a long time ago huh?" When it was my turn I told him I'd been a fanboy ever since that show and said "You totally wiped the floor with Judas Priest that night. I've been waiting 20 years to tell you that." He shook my hand and said "Well, hey, thanks a lot."

Dave wasn't taking photos with fans but people were snapping random pix all the while as they were waiting on line, so I took a quick snap with my phone too so I had something to show the young'uns.

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 39028_1481306306614_1052500800_1481447_1616395_n
Mustaine!! (and random bookstore people)

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 33520_1481307066633_1052500800_1481448_905557_n

Autograaaaaaaph!!!

Afterwards Brian and I walked a few blocks to a pub that had 60 different beers on tap and had a pint or three, then I hit the road for home. A very good (and METAL) time was had by all.

AWESOME!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:35 am

Very very cool!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 am

Way cool !!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey FF - check out these videos someone posted:

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:05 pm

By those videos it looks like those people weren't as big of douches as my store was with rushing people out.

How did you get your book signed without your name? He was asking everyone what their name was.

My autograph is better than yours Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm

By those videos it looks like those people weren't as big of douches as my store was with rushing people out.

How did you get your book signed without your name? He was asking everyone what their name was.

My autograph is better than yours Razz

Sounds like you are saying your d*** is bigger than FF's, or calling his a "small wonder" - woops! wrong thread!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:29 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Hey FF - check out these videos someone posted:

Haha, awesome! That redhead with the Nunslaughter backpatch was close to us on the line. My buddy and I were chit chatting with her & the guys she was with while we waited.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:39 pm

That's awesome Freddy!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:33 pm

The book is great im almost half way through it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:09 am

My autograph is better than yours

Haha, I didn't even think about that till later, they were hustling people thru pretty quickly by the time my buddy and I got in there, Dave didn't ask our names and I wasn't quick enough to ask him "could you sign it 'To Keith?' (must've been the heat...ehhhh!). I was more intent on making sure I told Dave that they crushed Judas Priest when I saw them back in the day, cuz I had been waiting 20 years to tell him that...

Addy wrote:
The book is great im almost half way through it

Me too! I started reading it almost as soon as I got home w/the book on Tuesday night. It's a quick read, and it's funny as hell in some spots too. I'm somewhere around the SO FAR...SO GOOD...SO WHAT era right now.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 am

I've read a lot of stuff saying that there really isn't much in this book that hasn't been said in the VH1 special or 'Some Kind of Monster'..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next