Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour

Go down 
+18
MetalH
Jesusandmetal23
Stender
pcozby
kmorg
thejokeriv
Addy
akeldama
Troublezone
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
MetalGuy71
manny
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Empty
PostSubject: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour MustaineUS180Dave Mustaine's Book Tour MustaineUK180

Dave Mustaine's autobiography (titled simply "MUSTAINE" in the U.S. and "MUSTAINE: A LIFE IN METAL in the U.K.) will be released soon (August 3rd in the US, Sept. 30th in the UK) and Dave will be doing a series of U.S. bookstore signings to promote it. Dates can be found here:

http://www.megadeth.com/books.php

The store in Ridgewood, NJ on August 10th is pretty close to me, I'm gonna see if I can make it. Would be sweet to say hi to Dave and get a signed book. I'm sure the book will be an interesting read as well. (Though I have to say, the cover to the U.K. edition is WAY cooler than the American one. Haha.)

MetalGuy -- Dave will be doing a signing in Philly, and to our Ultimatum crew, there's a stop in Alberquerque too!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:46 pm

September 4 in Portland. Hmmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Right on. He's coming to Albuquerque. I might have to check that out.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Alberquerque

ultmetal wrote:
Albuquerque

I knew I totally spelled that wrong. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 pm

I'll be getting this, the book tour is nowhere near me so oh well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 pm

I will be buying the book, but he should come to Tampa the home of death metal, strip clubs, cheap beer and even cheaper women.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Quote :
MetalGuy -- Dave will be doing a signing in Philly

Hmmmm, I'll have to mark Aug. 15th on the old calendar. Shame it's on a Sunday. If it were during the week, I'd just sneak outta work and head into town. I'd be much closer than drving in from home.

Either way, I'll be sure to pick up the book. And yea, the UK cover is much cooler looking. The US version looks like it was done in 30 seconds in Photoshop.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Unfortunately, he's not coming to GA, but I'm really looking forward to this book. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

He's coming to my area. Actually I believe its the first date. I wasn't going to bother because I already have his autograph on the last album but my friend wants to get the book and autograph too so I figured what the hell haha. Should be cool.

Oh.. and I hate the US cover of that book. The other one is much nicer.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Strangely, I was talking about this book with a friend in the pub this evening. I'll definitely be buying it, specifically to see how Dave re-writes history in his warped perception. Shame the book tour would never hit the UK, would love to get some stuff signed by Dave.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:49 pm

I wonder how much of this book gets disputed. Will it be Dave vs. Dave II?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:41 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I wonder how much of this book gets disputed. Will it be Dave vs. Dave II?

I wonder if he sent copies to Lars and James to get their opinion before it's official release.

When Dave was on That Metal Show, he said lawyers had read it to make sure nothing libelous was printed.

Like him or hate him, Dave's always has an opinion and something to say. Should be an interesting read.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:18 am

If the price is reasonable i'll pick up a copy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:03 am

Should be a good read. Too bad there are no locations of the book tour close to me.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:40 pm

I'll be in the 505 getting mine signed for sure!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Gee what a surprise hes not coming no where near my area -sighs-

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 am

[img]http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/Dave Mustaine's Book Tour 100_3310[/img]he signed this leather vest i painted for a fan
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 am

Nice work.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Spoke to a good Metal buddy of mine today who, as it happens, lives in the same town as Dave's bookstore signing. He and I have made tentative plans to attend on August 10th. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour 11840

I hope we can pull it off. I've been waiting for 20 years to meet Dave so I can tell him that Megadeth utterly wiped the floor with Judas Priest when I saw them open for the PAINKILLER tour in 1990. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:31 pm

What? No DC stop????
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
What? No DC stop????

After all the government bashing he's done on the last couple of records, Dave's probably afraid that the FBI will drag him away if he sets foot in DC. Laughing

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
What? No DC stop????

After all the government bashing he's done on the last couple of records, Dave's probably afraid that the FBI will drag him away if he sets foot in DC. Laughing

Laughing very hard

Nothing wrong with his government bashing!!!!! I was hoping after the NJ signing, he'd tell everyone that "Washington is next!"
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Spoke to a good Metal buddy of mine today who, as it happens, lives in the same town as Dave's bookstore signing. He and I have made tentative plans to attend on August 10th. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour 11840

I hope we can pull it off. I've been waiting for 20 years to meet Dave so I can tell him that Megadeth utterly wiped the floor with Judas Priest when I saw them open for the PAINKILLER tour in 1990. Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_lol

Yeah, be sure to make him sign it to KURT, ok?

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_razz

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:37 pm

manny wrote:
I will be buying the book, but he should come to Tampa the home of death metal, strip clubs, cheap beer and even cheaper women.

I freaking triple dog dare him to come to Tampa.... Borders on Dale Mabry, then make a stop at Dean Headquarters on Waters, heck I will even buy Dave a sandwich at The Take Away Cafe II, and if you bring Jerry and Spyder from Dean along I will buy for them as well... up the irons...

Metal up your FEMA coffin....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:24 am

OK, it's now officially official, my friend Brian and I are definitely goin' to the Mustaine signing in Ridgewood, NJ on Tuesday night. I'll say hi to Dave for all of you who can't make it. Laughing

In fact, my buddy (who lives only a few blocks from the bookstore) is going to pick up our copies of the book over the weekend as a time saver. We just have to make sure we have the receipts showing that we bought the book in their store when we go to the signing.

So anyway, I'm thinking of bringing one of my Megadeth CDs with me to try and get that autographed too. Dunno if Dave will be signing anything other than books but what the hell, it's worth a shot. So which Megadeth CD cover do you all think would coolest with a Mustaine sig on it? RUST IN PEACE or PEACE SELLS? I'm trying to decide between those two.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine's Book Tour   Dave Mustaine's Book Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Mustaine's Book Tour
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next