Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?

Go down 
+25
Zdan
Dave the Boss
rattpoison
fingers
Grimmo
Addy
Lurideath
ryanmetalman
Jesusandmetal23
krokus
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
Stender
jksilvi
thejokeriv
troublemagnet
MetalGuy71
Hamer12
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
GrandNational
mc666
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Warrant
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:57 pm

BLASPHEMY:FALLEN ANGEL OF DOOM is heavy, same with anything released by the Canadien band REVENGE for exemple.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:08 pm

GrandNational wrote:
What MC666 said. Usually when I think of Heavy, I think of Doom oriented music, like Electric Wizard. Not necessarily fast, or aggressive, or just loud for the sake of being loud...

I'm about with you here. I dont think Cannibal Corpse is heavy at all. RIOT is one of the heaviest bands out there IMO, as well as TROUBLE.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:29 pm

I remember thinking Mortification's "Scrolls of the Megilloth" was the heaviest thing I'd ever heard. Then it was Metanoia's "Time to Die." I don't really listen too much Doom Metal, so I can't really comment there. (I get restless listening to Doom.) I use to think Cradle of Filth was pretty damned heavy, but now I just think of them as fast.

Today, I'm not even sure what I consider truly heavy music. Probably something plodding and doomy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Stender wrote:
black sabbath master of reality

x2

with a helping of Volume 4 on top....
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Well to me, Morgion's "Solinari" album is probably the heaviest album ever made.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:20 pm

I think my heaviest album is my John Lennon Anthology Im not sure how much it weighs I could be wrong though....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Megadeth's "So far So good..." is ultra heavy as well.

Testament-The Gathering
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 am

Suffocation's Pierced from Within seemed absolulely heavy to me.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:53 am

rattlehead29 wrote:
I think it would have to be "Speak English or Die" by S.O.D. That album is just in-your-face metal. I realize they were kidding around with the lyrics and all, but still. I mean "Kill Yourself" is pretty intense. As well as the anthem "Milk" where there isn't any milk when you want it and I hate when that happens. Charlie Benante rips on the drums, as he usually does. Dan Lilker plays the bass as fast as he can (I'm overexaggerating saying that, but he plays fast) Scott Ian does some very heavy riffs and Billy Milano's voice sets the aggressiveness of the album. Even though they were kidding around when they made this, it's awesome.

What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 506406

Strapping young lad's City I know most of you most likely hate this band but I gotta say its the heaviest album I ever listened to. Especially the song all hail the new flesh What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 B016024128a0e8bec2ddd010
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 am

Stooges - Funhouse, Suicide - Suicide, Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat, Einsturzende Neubaten - 1/2 Mensch, Birthday Party - Junkyard, Swans - Cop...........

Last edited by rattpoison on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:47 am

rattpoison wrote:
Funhouse, Suicide, White Light/White Heat, Kollaps, Junkyard...........

They're heavier than The Rolling Stones?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:52 am

Troublezone wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Funhouse, Suicide, White Light/White Heat, Kollaps, Junkyard...........

They're heavier than The Rolling Stones?

I don't know what you mean TZ?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:59 am

What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 1211527050_0cb8224128a0883c993c6010
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:31 am

Hard to tell for sure. I would put this up there:

What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Monotheist

Curious to what's behind the question of the thread What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_razz but interesting nonetheless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 am

What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 F61733zr6cw

This album is heavy in an entirely different way...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:43 pm

detuned wrote:

That's what I'm talkin 'bout....
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Coltrane is brillant bet. However my pick is:

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

The riffs, the atmosphere, the despair-ladden vocals...all of this screams heavy to me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:48 pm

'A Love Supreme' is grand and impactful, but to me feels more flowing or liberating than heavy in any emotional or compositional aspect.... although certainly not any kind of pure jazz, I would suggest Miles Davis' 'Pangaea', as something heavy in jazz circles..the thing sounds like a positively charbroiled mix of free jazz, rock, and some extra helpings of Orleans hoodoo for good measure...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 pm

detuned wrote:

In college, I listened to this album religiously. The refrain A Love Supreme has forever been glued to the cave-walls of my brain. And I don't know WTF OCI is talking about.....once again.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Then why bother replying, jerk?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Then why bother replying, jerk?

It was my observation and reply to Detuned, not you. Have a nice day buddy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 pm

*peace brothers* Follow Coltrane's advice....
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Zdan wrote:
Coltrane is brillant bet. However my pick is:

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

The riffs, the atmosphere, the despair-ladden vocals...all of this screams heavy to me.

Oh yes. headbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Well if I am going to define heaviness in the same terms as detuned and Uncle Saxon then I change my answer:

What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Bitchesbrew
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?   What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Do You Think Is the Heaviest Album?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next