Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thin Lizzy announce new line up

Go down 
+15
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
shamgar75
nevermore
James B.
Schbopo
Wargod
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Olafsto
ultmetal
kmorg
manny
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:56 am

I'd be lying if I said I cared one way or the other.

I know it's blaphemous to say 'round these parts, but Lizzy is another one of those bands (King's X and Savatage being 2 others) that try as I might, I just can't get into. I don't dislike them, but I don't place them in the high regard that some folks do.

don\'t know

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:12 pm

I am sure it had to do with the estate of Phil Lynott stopping it, they don't mind them touring under the name, but the agreement was no new studio albums under the name Thin Lizzy. I won't be surprised if some sort of arrangement is made where they be able use a variation of the name.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Quote :
I won't be surprised if some sort of arrangement is made where they be able use a variation of the name.

"Tin Lizzie"

"Undernourished Elizabeth"

"Lizzie Thin"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:28 pm

I was only a casual Thin Lizzy fan in the 80s, I had Jailbreak and Johnny The Fox but I wasn't really "a fan". But in the early 90s I picked up the Dedication CD and started to realize what an amazing singer/songwriter Phil was. There is an honesty to his writing that just really struck me and it was obvious that if you took away the hard rock elements there was an amazing folk singer there. So I started collecting Thin Lizzy albums until I had the full discography.

There is an amazing number of really well-written songs, much deeper than your average heavy rock band...kind of like having a Dylan or a Nick Drake fronting a kick ass rock band. That's what Thin Lizzy is to me, a vehicle for Phil's amazing talent...which is also why there is no Thin Lizzy without him.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I won't be surprised if some sort of arrangement is made where they be able use a variation of the name.

"Tin Lizzie"

"Undernourished Elizabeth"

"Lizzie Thin"

Fat Beth

Huge Liz

Skinny Lizzy

Beth's Anorexia

....could go on all day
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:29 pm

S.D. wrote:
I was only a casual Thin Lizzy fan in the 80s, I had Jailbreak and Johnny The Fox but I wasn't really "a fan". But in the early 90s I picked up the Dedication CD and started to realize what an amazing singer/songwriter Phil was. There is an honesty to his writing that just really struck me and it was obvious that if you took away the hard rock elements there was an amazing folk singer there. So I started collecting Thin Lizzy albums until I had the full discography.

There is an amazing number of really well-written songs, much deeper than your average heavy rock band...kind of like having a Dylan or a Nick Drake fronting a kick ass rock band. That's what Thin Lizzy is to me, a vehicle for Phil's amazing talent...which is also why there is no Thin Lizzy without him.

Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 25679 Wow... Finally a positive comment on a hard rock band lol!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:36 pm

manny wrote:
I am sure it had to do with the estate of Phil Lynott stopping it, they don't mind them touring under the name, but the agreement was no new studio albums under the name Thin Lizzy. I won't be surprised if some sort of arrangement is made where they be able use a variation of the name.

Scott Gorham's Thin Lizzy too obvious? Laughing

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 pm

How about "Yzzil Niht"

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 25679 Wow... Finally a positive comment on a hard rock band lol!

It's really that surprising? scratch

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 am

New name coming soon...

Quote :
Thin Lizzy will reveal their new name and details of their upcoming album over the Christmas period, frontman Ricky Warwick has said.

The latest incarnation of the band announced their decision to retire Phil Lynott’s title after having recorded a record of new material.

They haven’t yet told fans the name they’ll use – but that’s about to change.

Warwick says via Facebook: “A massive thanks to all fans who have supported Thin Lizzy for the last two years. It’s been the biggest honour and privilege of my life to be part of this.

“Stay tuned for big announcements on Christmas on the album and new band name. 2013 is gonna be a very busy year!”

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 am

Watch for "Lin Thizzy" coming soon!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Emerald? The Wild Ones? Jailbreak?

With all the band names that are sentences, how about The Boys Are Back in Town?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Black Star Riders it is.........

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=183900

In October 2012, THIN LIZZY announced that they would not be recording new material under the THIN LIZZY monicker. The last incarnation of the band — Scott Gorham, Brian Downey, Darren Wharton, Ricky Warwick, Damon Johnson and Marco Mendoza — would be looking to form a new project.

Step forward BLACK STAR RIDERS…

Today sees the announcement of the new band formed by THIN LIZZY alumni Ricky Warwick (vocals), Scott Gorham (guitar), Damon Johnson (guitar), Marco Mendoza (bass) with new addition Jimmy DeGrasso (ALICE COOPER, MEGADETH, DAVID LEE ROTH, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) on drums. The change in personnel came about as Brian Downey didn't want to commit to the touring cycle a new album would entail and Darren Wharton wanted to concentrate on DARE and other music and film projects.

BLACK STAR RIDERS is set to enter the studio in Los Angeles in January 2013 to start recording their debut album with the legendary Kevin Shirley (LED ZEPPELIN, IRON MAIDEN, AEROSMITH, RUSH). The album will feature material the band wrote while touring as THIN LIZZY and the sound retains that classic feel but is very much its own as well. The BLACK STAR RIDERS record is the next step in the evolution of the THIN LIZZY story.

"We are all very excited about the music that we have created for BLACK STAR RIDERS. The synergy between the five of us has been phenomenal and I can't wait for the world to hear these songs," says Warwick.

The new, as-yet-untitled album will be released in May 2013 through Nuclear Blast — the label behind acts such as ANTHRAX, NIGHTWISH and MESHUGGAH. BLACK STAR RIDERS are one of the first bands signed by Monte Conner — the former Roadrunner A&R guru who has signed acts such as SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, SEPULTURA and RUSH. Conner recently joined Nuclear Blast as the president of Nuclear Blast Entertainment, a new U.S. partnership he co-founded with Nuclear Blast owner Markus Staiger.

Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Brian Downey owns the Thin Lizzy name (along with Lynott's wife). Now we know the real reason why they're changing it.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:38 pm

See my thread on it. I had to miss the Lizzy show in Dublin. I'm not throwintg names about, but I'm tight with Lizzy and am still kicking myself over that gig on the 13th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy announce new line up   Thin Lizzy announce new line up - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy announce new line up
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3