Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New THIN LIZZY box set...

Go down 
+9
Speedmetalfreak
Eyesore
Andy
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
James B.
manny
ultmetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New THIN LIZZY box set... Empty
PostSubject: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:21 am

TREASURE TROVE OF PREVIOUSLY UNHEARD THIN LIZZY MATERIAL TO BE RELEASED THIS YEAR!
Thin Lizzy will release a box set of previously unheard out-takes later this year taken from a 'treasure trove' of tapes that were stashed away by Phil Lynott.

Shortly before he passed away in 1986, Phil gave 150 tapes to a third party for safekeeping and the cache of up to 700 songs has finally been released to Universal Music.

Full article here:
http://www.metaltalk.net/news2012/2012413.php#.TwJgRfq0Qtw.facebook

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:26 am

Very cool, I know I will be purchasing it
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:11 pm

yes

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:12 pm

This is really good news, Lynott was such a fantastic songwriter, I look forward to hearing what they've unearthed.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:37 pm

It will be great to be able to hear this material.

There was another Lizzy box released last year of all of their live stuff from shows they did for the BBC.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Could be cool. I love Thin Lizzy. I've been buying all their deluxe remasters. Of course they release these after I already bought the original versions. Some of the bonus tracks are ok nothing to go crazy over. I'll be picking this up though. Sounds good.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:46 pm

I just want some of the older Thin Lizzy records to be a little cheaper...
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 pm

I can't commit to buy anything until I know how much it is! Being a box set I'm also interested in seeing what extras/gimmicks come along with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Andy wrote:
I can't commit to buy anything until I know how much it is! Being a box set I'm also interested in seeing what extras/gimmicks come along with it.

The first dozen pre-orders get a bent spoon with burn marks underneath used by Phil during the Thunder and Lightning tour.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:37 am

Never owned a Thin Lizzy album. Can't say I've even heard more than five songs from them.
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:08 am

Would love to get it, of course. I am becoming a THIN LIZZY fan lately.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
Never owned a Thin Lizzy album. Can't say I've even heard more than five songs from them.

Lizzy is another one of those bands (like King's X) that gets heaps and heaps of praise, but I never got. Dedication, which is more-or-less a greatest hits album is enough for me.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:00 am

Eyesore wrote:

Check out "Live & Dangerous" and let us know what you think.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Any more news on the box set?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:17 am

I am sure it is gonna cost a fortune
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Sounds interesting...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 pm

There's also a new dvd coming out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New THIN LIZZY box set...   New THIN LIZZY box set... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New THIN LIZZY box set...
Page 1 of 1