Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Jugulator

Go down 
+27
TH Joe
DeathCult
Alaskan Metalhead
stormspell
scottmitchell74
bgast1
Lionheartâ„¢
MetalGuy71
sheets
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
Rex
INVADERS
MEGATRON
MetalRob331
Cliffy
mc666
manny
HamburgerBoy
Ben Grimm
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
ZetaReticuli
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Zdan
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Come on guys. You focus on the lyrics waaaay too much. Priest has not been lyrical masters (with a few exceptions here and there...). As said before - "Ram It Down" and "Painkiller" were not masterpieces of poetry. Granted Jugulator has more cheese and fluff then most but it's not bad. And Ripper's performance is outstanding - he is perfect with his demonic snarls, shrieks and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm

I hate it with gusto, and not only coz Halford is not on it. Machine Head and Judas Priest should never be mentioned in the same sentence - this is one of the major rules in our house and Tipton broke it, so this album is banned from my collection like forever. Shoo Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Come on Stormspell. Jugulator does not sound like Machine Head. Ever listened to Machine Head? Even the debut? It's not similar to Jugulator. Granted JP took some ideas from newer metal bands but to say that it's like Machine Head is a big stretch.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Hey man, if you like it, that's fine with me. Just don't ask me to listen to it and we can still be friends Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey.................let's not take into consideration whatsoever a major part of music, which is the words being sang, which are printed all over the booklets, and can be the difference to what a song is, you know, about, if anything. It's also cool to discount all the people who *do* believe in what they're writing about. IT'S NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL if it's not A COMPLETE AND TOTAL MASTERWORK OF POETRY TO RIVAL ONLY THE LIKES OF BYRON.

GOOD JOB
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Hey.................let's not take into consideration whatsoever a major part of music, which is the words being sang, which are printed all over the booklets, and can be the difference to what a song is, you know, about, if anything. It's also cool to discount all the people who *do* believe in what they're writing about. IT'S NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL if it's not A COMPLETE AND TOTAL MASTERWORK OF POETRY TO RIVAL ONLY THE LIKES OF BYRON.

GOOD JOB

That is not what I said (if this is directed at me). I said Jugulator's biggest flaw is probably the lyrics. With that said - JP in most cases had pretty campy and corny lyrics so shooting Jugulator especially for that is kinda dumb.

Stormspell: No problem buddy. I like it - love Ripper to bits as a vocalist but you don't have to listen to it one bit.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:59 pm

also, everything I say is correct and if you disagree you are wrong.

*edit* yeah I know, I totally dissed all their lyrics past 'Stained Class', don't feel bad
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:02 pm

I don't - no hard feelings. And what I say is of course my opinion and my opinion only. Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_biggrin That said I really know a thousand bands that lyrically better than JP.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Lyrics are the last thing I look for in a band. Music first for me followed by melody. Don't get me wrong I think lyrics are a great part of songwriting I just don't feel like I need to know what most metal bands are singing about unless its a ballad.

I sing along with tons of songs and I could count on one hand how many times I actually thought about what a song was sung about.
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:28 pm

I know a lot of people dog this JP release, but I love it! It is just crazy heavy! I have always loved Ripper Owens voice, so I didn't care who he was singing with as long as he gave it his all!

I'm certainly not a purist who looks for insightful lyrics and meticulously designed music structure; I just like to bang my head and I have sprained the old neck repeated times to this CD! Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 69126
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Alaskan Metalhead wrote:
I know a lot of people dog this JP release, but I love it! It is just crazy heavy! I have always loved Ripper Owens voice, so I didn't care who he was singing with as long as he gave it his all!

I'm certainly not a purist who looks for insightful lyrics and meticulously designed music structure; I just like to bang my head and I have sprained the old neck repeated times to this CD! Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 69126

Hahahahaha! I love that kind of attitude. And it's true - Jugulator is probably the heaviest thing they ever did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm

What are you talking about. These are masterful lyrics.
Wrapped tight around me
Like a second flesh hot skin
Cling to my body
As the ecstasy begins
Your wild vibrations
Got me shooting from the hip
Crazed and insatiable let rip
Eat me alive
Sounds like an animal
Panting to the beat
Groan in the pleasure zone
Gasping from the heat
Gut-wrenching frenzy
That deranges every joint
I'm gonna force you at gun point
To eat me alive
Bound to deliver as
You give and I collect
Squealing impassioned as
The rod of steel injects
Lunge to the maximum
Spread-eagled to the wall
You're well equipped to take it all
So eat me alive
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:58 pm

this song has to do with Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 706740
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm

I like it alot, Ripper sounds good on it, and the band sounds pretty interested i nwhat they're doing as well, came out pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
I am a big Ripper fan and I would say of the Ripper era Priest albums that this is my favorite.

I completely agree! Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:57 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Best album Priest has ever made IMO. Its heavy, has the groove, and killer vocals and melody mixed in. Im not the biggest fan of Priest but they do have some killer songs. Jugulator slays all the other albums IMO...

Mate your going to far with that opinion Jugulator is a highly underrated album and Ripper Owens is the best replacement for Halford but their best go and listen to Painkiller, Screaming 4 Vengeance or if you really want to listen to their album that's most likely going to be their best it would be Sad Wings of Destiny
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:07 pm

'Painkiller' is not in the top 5 Priest albums.

*runs away*
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:27 pm

fingers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Best album Priest has ever made IMO. Its heavy, has the groove, and killer vocals and melody mixed in. Im not the biggest fan of Priest but they do have some killer songs. Jugulator slays all the other albums IMO...

Mate your going to far with that opinion Jugulator is a highly underrated album and Ripper Owens is the best replacement for Halford but their best go and listen to Painkiller, Screaming 4 Vengeance or if you really want to listen to their album that's most likely going to be their best it would be Sad Wings of Destiny

I have heard these albums more times then I should admit. Some good songs here and there but too much filler for me. I'm not a huge Priest fan so Jugulator to me was a breath of fresh air. Its just so heavy and dark.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:30 am

(slaps forehead)

Anyone who sez JUGULATOR is Priest's best album needs to listen to STAINED CLASS for 24 hours straight, and then write a 10 page essay about its awesomeness.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:53 pm

I love this album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:34 am

Perfect follow up album to Painkiller!

Don't understand the people who dis' this record...

"Cathedral Spires" is indeed one of their best songs ever!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:44 am

Way better than Painkiller, IMO. Sure it sounds a wee bit modern, but it is stinkin' heavy as hell. Say what you want about Ripper, but he sounded great in Priest and he sounded even better in Iced Earth. At least I think so. Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_study
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:49 am

Ripper did a awesome job on Jugulator.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed May 19, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:59 am

From Priest's late 60's acid rock beginnings to the crushing heaviness of Jugulator is a testament to Priest's ability to evolve and progress beyond expectations.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:24 pm

The '98 Live Meltdown' follow-up live album is very good also...but I was disappointed in the downtuning of the old stuff. 'Electric Eye' does sound great, however.

".....EEEEEEEYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Jugulator
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next