Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Jugulator

Go down 
+27
TH Joe
DeathCult
Alaskan Metalhead
stormspell
scottmitchell74
bgast1
Lionheartâ„¢
MetalGuy71
sheets
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
Rex
INVADERS
MEGATRON
MetalRob331
Cliffy
mc666
manny
HamburgerBoy
Ben Grimm
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
ZetaReticuli
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Zdan
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:23 am

Best album Priest has ever made IMO. Its heavy, has the groove, and killer vocals and melody mixed in. Im not the biggest fan of Priest but they do have some killer songs. Jugulator slays all the other albums IMO...
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:43 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Best album Priest has ever made IMO. Its heavy, has the groove, and killer vocals and melody mixed in. Im not the biggest fan of Priest but they do have some killer songs. Jugulator slays all the other albums IMO...

Opinion is opinion and we're all entitled to our own, but c'mon, man...are you nuts?

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:05 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
you should really dig into Rocka Rolla & up through Killing Machine. the lyrics, the riffs, the solos, the rhythm, the vocals... all better than anything else they've done since.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:55 am

mc666 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
you should really dig into Rocka Rolla & up through Killing Machine. the lyrics, the riffs, the solos, the rhythm, the vocals... all better than anything else they've done since.

I've heard everything JP has done since their incarnation. They have some great songs here and there but too much filler for me. Like I said Im not the biggest fan of JP and for me Jugulator was a step away from what they were doing and it was a step in the right direction. HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY with tons of groove. Thats just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:05 am

I can't stand Jugulator. The lyrics are poorly written, the guitars are too thrashy, the riffs aren't memorable... Making the music sound heavier doesn't cover up for poor songwriting. It's a Judas Priest album by name only.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:59 am

MEGATRON wrote:
I can't stand Jugulator. The lyrics are poorly written, the guitars are too thrashy, the riffs aren't memorable... Making the music sound heavier doesn't cover up for poor songwriting. It's a Judas Priest album by name only.

Again - I can understand not liking it but....too thrashy?! What is wrong with thrashy guitars on a metal album? The lyrics problem I can understand because arguably they are the worst part of the album. But the the album is pure Priest. It's modernized, "on-steroids" Priest but still Priest. If it doesn't sound like say Stained Class or British Steel it does not mean it's not Judas Priest.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:03 am

apart from the lyrics, the album is awesome. one of my favs. the guitar solos are a bit dodgy but still great release.

i didn't care much for demolition though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:12 am

mc666 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

What he said. Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 604261

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:18 am

I loved Jugulator when it first came out and I still like it today....but what REALLY GETS ON MY NERVES are the dang intro noises in just about every song.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:22 am

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

What he said. Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 604261

Of course I third this notion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:34 am

It's not a bad album, and Ripper sounds great on it...but some of the lyrics make me chuckle...

I will stand firm and say "Cathedral Spires" is one of the best Judas Priest songs ever...
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:37 am

The lyrics can be truly abysmal but the ones on Painkiller were not top notch poetry either. Priest always delivered the camp value as far as lyrics go. Also "Burn In Hell" is not that bad lyrically.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:49 am

S wrote:
"Cathedral Spires" is one of the best Judas Priest songs ever...

Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 604261

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Yes! Cathedral Spires and Bullet Train rip. This album is in my top three JP catalog.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:43 pm

It's a good album, but like Rex said ... the intros are boring and either could have been left off or made into separate tracks so they could be skipped.

Ripper did an awesome job on this album as the new JP frontman but the album could've used stronger vocal melodies at times (especially on some of the choruses) and DEFINITELY could've used some stronger lyrics.

I thought the solos and production were well-done. Liked the bass tone.

"Bullet Train", "Burn in Hell", and "Cathedral Spires" were the best tracks I think.

It was a bad idea to go with the pixellated cover just to get carried in Wal-Mart. Not sure why they couldn't have zoomed on a higher-res image
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:51 pm

I liked the album. I thought it was immensely heavy. Heaviest thing Judas Priest ever did. The sound effects are a little overboard though. It's not their best, but it's still a damn fine album.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It was a bad idea to go with the pixellated cover just to get carried in Wal-Mart. Not sure why they couldn't have zoomed on a higher-res image

Heh, I wasn't paying attention to metal the time this came out and because of that, when I later saw this album in a store with its cheap-looking, fuzzy cover, I couldn't help wondering if it was a bootleg. It really looks awful.

I think the album is okay. Certainly not the best they did but I think they've done worse albums, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Quote :

Is that why the cover looks so crappy? Back when I first saw the album, I thought it was a bootleg copy. It wasn't until I saw multiple copies that I realized it must've been done on purpose.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:28 pm

I agree with Temple of Blood, the lyrics where just down right silly, and I had no idea that is why the cover looked so fuzzy, not a bad album but my main problem with the album is not Ripper Owens, who does an outstanding job, I just do not think the songwriting is as strong or as memorable as their past releases.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm

I just expected stronger songs for a band that had about 7 years to write 10 tracks.
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:04 pm

MEGATRON wrote:

Totally agree with this. Just an absolutely abysmal JP album and easily my least favorite from them. The songwriting and lyrics are some of the worst I"ve ever heard. I take it as going extremely heavy for the sake of trying to cover up a pig in mud. Blech.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Lyrically, of course, it's been mostly fluff with a side of cheese since...everything after 'Stained Class', so.....on that front, it can't get more surprising, just funnier.

It's not very nice in the electric chair
Oh, no, I won't go.. Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Lyrically, of course, it's been mostly fluff with a side of cheese since...everything after 'Stained Class', so.....on that front, it can't get more surprising, just funnier.

It's not very nice in the electric chair
Oh, no, I won't go.. Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 201269

I never understood the fuss about lyrics? I listen to the music and the way the words are sung with the music. Its about melody with me. You could say POOP 30 times in a song and if it has melody then it works... I could care less what lyrics say...Thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm

I like the album. Heavy, Angry, Ripper sounds great.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:58 pm

I like it well enough. It's heavy and I'm a Ripper fan-boy, so what's not to like?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Jugulator   Judas Priest - Jugulator - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Jugulator
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next