Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)

Go down 
+7
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Lionheartâ„¢
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
11 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Empty
PostSubject: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't want to pay dozens of $ for an lp. What are good versions of their cd? I see relatively cheap copies on ebay, but I've seen some reviews saying these versions aren't the greatest.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:09 pm

They just need to reissue it already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 pm

The hold up is with Joey Tafolla. He refuses permission to have it re-released for whatever reason. I don't think he is on speaking terms with the current members.

Luckily I found a Metal Blade disc that had a very limited pressing in the early 90's. Great disc and easily their best for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Lionheartâ„¢ wrote:
The hold up is with Joey Tafolla. He refuses permission to have it re-released for whatever reason. I don't think he is on speaking terms with the current members.

He's not. When JP wanted to re-issue their early works through Century Media a few years back, Joey Tafolla wouldn't give them permission to use his parts of the recordings. So the band chose to re-record all those old songs with their current lineup and turned it into the DECADE OF THE NAIL SPIKED BAT 2-CD compilation.

Dunno how many of you remember the shortlived parody metal news site "Infernal Combustion" (it was kinda like a metal version of "The Onion") but they made a joke about JP wanting to call the collection "F*ck Joey Tafolla in His Ear" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:50 pm

The version I have has the Tyrant EP and some unreleased songs as bonus tracks. That one sounds great to me. It was put out by Iron Works Records. I think I got it from Metal Mayhem but i'm not sure if they have any left.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:42 am

This is one expensive cookie.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
The version I have has the Tyrant EP and some unreleased songs as bonus tracks. That one sounds great to me. It was put out by Iron Works Records. I think I got it from Metal Mayhem but i'm not sure if they have any left.

That's the version I have. I agree,it does sound great. I got mine through ebay.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:04 pm

I'd love to have this album. I don't though.

Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 am

I honestly have no idea which versions are official (if there are any), and I refuse to buy bootlegs, so after a while I just gave in and downloaded it. Damn, what an album!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:46 pm

Yeah, I may have to download too.

Though I very rarely ever do that.

Just in cases like this one.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:20 pm

I've been scouring the www looking for a reasonable copy of this. I'll probably have to spend in the $20 neighborhood. Oh, well...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:32 pm

It's such a shame that an authentic CD version of this album will never be issued again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:47 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I've been scouring the www looking for a reasonable copy of this. I'll probably have to spend in the $20 neighborhood. Oh, well...

Oh you can find one in the $20 range? I'll buy it then.

The only time I'll download something OOP is when it cannot be found for less than $40.00!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:13 am

You spoiled Americans Smile
We have to pay around 32$ for a new CD in a record store here....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:29 am

Quote :
Oh you can find one in the $20 range? I'll buy it then.

For the Iron Works version with Tyrant on it. That seems to be what they'll go for on ebay.

Olafsto - stuff it! Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_razz

You can console yourself with Norway's natural beauty and all the awesome Metal Festivals in Europe. Now we're even. Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_lol

But yeah, seriously, that's insane what you have to pay for CDs. Someone is getting RICH over there for a technology that's now nearly 30 years old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 am

http://www.musicstack.com/item.cgi?item=72203868
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lionheartâ„¢ wrote:

He's not. When JP wanted to re-issue their early works through Century Media a few years back, Joey Tafolla wouldn't give them permission to use his parts of the recordings. So the band chose to re-record all those old songs with their current lineup and turned it into the DECADE OF THE NAIL SPIKED BAT 2-CD compilation.

Dunno how many of you remember the shortlived parody metal news site "Infernal Combustion" (it was kinda like a metal version of "The Onion") but they made a joke about JP wanting to call the collection "F*ck Joey Tafolla in His Ear" Laughing very hard

That was an amazing site, it also had gems such as 'Hansi Kursch Can't Stop Talking Like A Blind Guardian Chorus', 'Bad Boys of Opeth Tear It Up On The Road', and 'Fred Durst Gets Lost In Own Pants'.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
http://www.musicstack.com/item.cgi?item=72203868

Is that a good, reputable company? I've never used them before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Yes. Metal Mayhem is on the up and up.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Yes. Metal Mayhem is on the up and up.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:25 pm

As far as I know, the rerelease with the Tyrants EP is a bootleg too, but I'm not too sure.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

That was an amazing site, it also had gems such as 'Hansi Kursch Can't Stop Talking Like A Blind Guardian Chorus', 'Bad Boys of Opeth Tear It Up On The Road', and 'Fred Durst Gets Lost In Own Pants'.

My favorite was "Record Store Clerk won't shut up about Warrior Soul"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)   Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (acceptable versions?)
Page 1 of 1