Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting review of La Raza.

Go down 
+15
sheets
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
manny
mez
Black Coffee
ultmetal
Jesusandmetal23
Troublezone
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Temple of Blood
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 am

I'm not letting ridiculous reviews taint my opinion. I'm getting this regardless of what some ass-wipe labels it.

Yea, I said "taint". Tee-hee!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 pm

I've heard it and yes it's METAL but it seems there is something in this missing. I'll listen more and maybe it will grow on me!
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:16 pm

It doesn't surprise me that kids would say Armored Saint isn't metal because I've seen the same things said about Black Sabbath and Judas Priest and Iron Maiden lately. For a lot of kids anything that reflects what metal was before death metal came along is just hard rock, much like how 80s kids decided that Zeppelin and Deep Purple weren't metal when thrash came along. As said above, the goal posts keep getting shifted.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Is it good or bad? Should i be picking it up? I'm on a very tight budget right now Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

I think it's a very good album...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Quote :

You're on the Grammy voting committee? Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_smile

If i was i'd vote for Weird Al...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:13 pm

I listened to it through a few times this past weekend and I certainly believe it's Metal. I like it, it's AS 30 years later, as someone posted previously (and they are spot on!).
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:50 pm

I recently read an interview with John Bush and it was actually kind of sad. His heart just doesn't seem to be in music anymore. I think Anthrax stomped on his soul. The interview was focused on Armored Saint but he didn't seem to really care about it and even admitted he was against doing it at first and has no interest in taking the band on the road and said he doesn't like touring anymore.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Quote :
I've heard people say the band was never metal in the first place and fit the 'hard rock' category.

Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Star-wars-boss-nass-lmao
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:35 pm

I got the cd today and after a couple spins I think it's good.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
People don't know what heavy metal is anymore.

yup.....

Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_study
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

You're on the Grammy voting committee? Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_smile

If i was i'd vote for Weird Al...

Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting review of La Raza.   Interesting review of La Raza. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting review of La Raza.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2