Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regrets

Go down 
+29
MetalFRO
Troublezone
krokus
Leatherface
Sutekh
Glenn Rogers
jstate
snooloui
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
Grimmo
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Cliffy
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
allthingsmetal
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
tohostudios
exact33
Olafsto
manny
kmorg
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:25 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
But see, the thing is...now you can can go online and find free downloads of all of 'em and not feel bad about it, because both Ace and his record companies already received your money.

Total win win.
Awesome. I'm going to the store tomorrow and I'm going to buy a pack of bubble gum and give it to a friend for a fair trade, and then go back to the store to see if I can get as many free packs of bubble gum I can. The Hubba Bubba people got their money from me, right?
Or, you know, you could make some cheap knock-offs of old Hubba Bubba flavors that they don't produce anymore without their permission. Sort of the same thing, right? Rolling Eyes

Sorry, but come on, dude.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:48 am

I've gotten rid of discs only to purchase them back at a later date, but I don't regret it. As far as I know, they weren't of any special value and pretty easily replaced.

What I do regret is when I re-purchase a disc, listen to it and then remember why I ditched it in the first place.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:51 am

In the 90's, my wife and I were broke (self inflicted foolishness) and I sold original releases of Tourniquet - Stop The Bleeding and Psycho Surgery CD's. I got like $4 each I think. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

And then to complete the destruction of my Tourniquet collection my original POD cd was IN the stereo that was stolen out of my car!!!! I still have the case...not sure why I've kept it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

What I do regret is when I re-purchase a disc, listen to it and then remember why I ditched it in the first place.

I have done that with Pantera - Cowboys from Hell... For some reason that album doesnt click but yet i have owned it on four different occasions..

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:27 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have done that with Pantera - Cowboys from Hell... For some reason that album doesnt click but yet i have owned it on four different occasions..

This is why I have Tourniquet CDs up for trade/sell now. I thought I was being too harsh on them so I re-bought them. Big mistake. Horrible stuff, IMO.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:29 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This is why I have Tourniquet CDs up for trade/sell now. I thought I was being too harsh on them so I re-bought them. Big mistake. Horrible stuff, IMO.

I hate wasting good cd money on stuff that isnt good.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:08 pm

The one that sticks out in my mind is Wolfsbane.

When Blaze first joined Maiden, before that turd The X Factor was pooped out onto the waiting public, I remember hearing this Blaze character was in the GREAT band Wolfbane. So I bought the tape. I thought it was ok enough, but nothing that blew me away. During those dark Maiden years, the tape fell into obscurity and I eventually sold it. A few years later, despite my lukewarm memories of it, I found it used on cd. Got it, listened to it, shelved it, sold it. Now I'm into Blaze's solo material. Good stuff, so maybe I'll give that Wolfsbane another chance. Bought it again, listened to it again, shelved it again.

I know if I sell or trade it a third time, it will somehow find me again. I'm stuck with it for all eternity.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

As much as I loved their first three in the early days...they did not hold up well for me over time. I RARELY listen to them. If I do it's two songs from Psycho Surgery. POD is more listenable to date than the first two but still....rare occasion I go out of my way to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Not buying CDs sooner. I've only been buying them for nearly a year.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
God, I couldn't even begin to list them all. I had a few thousand CDs when I joined the Air Force, and I sold a good chunk of them. And not for good money. This was before eBay and whatnot, so I'd just sell them to local shops for next to nothing.

Side effect of sharing a tiny dorm room with someone and being in my early 20s making about $400 every two weeks. (And I bet some of you thought people were paid well in the military!) Either way, I sold all kinds of things that I regret. =(

That's too bad. Have you started rebuilding your collection?
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:11 pm

In the mid-nineties I traded away a bunch in one lot that consisted of Tora Tora, Sea Hags, Cats In Boots, D.A.D. and those types of bands. Really didn't regret it till several years later when I started re-visiting a lot of that stuff. Fortunately some of them have gotten nice re-issues. Still several that I'm still trying to re-acquire.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:16 pm

95% OF MY VINYL...AND TAPES...ALL GONE...PROMO COPIES OF MAIDEN,MSG,PRIEST....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Though I don't 'hate' Tourniquet. I'm inclined to agree with you here.

For some reason I was a HUGE fan of Tourniquet when I was a kid. Don't care for them now.

I think it was a case of my parents only allowing me to listen to "Christian only" music.

You take what you can find when your selection of metal is limited to a few hundred crappy Christian albums.

Regrets - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
God, I couldn't even begin to list them all. I had a few thousand CDs when I joined the Air Force, and I sold a good chunk of them. And not for good money. This was before eBay and whatnot, so I'd just sell them to local shops for next to nothing.

Side effect of sharing a tiny dorm room with someone and being in my early 20s making about $400 every two weeks. (And I bet some of you thought people were paid well in the military!) Either way, I sold all kinds of things that I regret. =(

That's too bad. Have you started rebuilding your collection?
Um...and then some. Haha. I have over 7,000 albums now.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

You take what you can find when your selection of metal is limited to a few hundred crappy Christian albums.

I know what your talking about. I was one of those 'Christian-only' people for a long time. I have since grown out of that...

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:28 pm

I sold off huge chunks of my Christian collection in the late 90s/early 2000s -a Lightforce demo, VR -Human Sacrifice, the Sacred Warrior discog, signed Mort debut, the Barren Cross, Bloodgood discogs and most of the Pure Metal roster.... it's taken me years to track most of it down again!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:45 am

I've lent some records to people that I never got back. I regret that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:24 am

Leatherface wrote:

Me too. Part of the reason I won't loan my stuff out anymore.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:08 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

me too!

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:24 am

exact33 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

me too!

me three!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
95% OF MY VINYL...AND TAPES...ALL GONE...PROMO COPIES OF MAIDEN,MSG,PRIEST....

Why? you needed money??? because if not i dont understand. How can you sell a part of your heart? it must be hard.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:42 pm

I've sold and re-purchased so many times... i just may have made a few people in the record industry rich.

Regrets - Page 2 447763
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:12 am

There are a handful that I've regretted getting rid of over the years, yeah. Most painful was selling off Bal-Sagoth's 2nd album, even though I got top dollar for it, and letting go of the Madgallen album "Revolution Mind", though I did recently re-acquire that gem Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:10 am

I bought tons of rock music from around the time I started earning money ('81) to the time I gave up on rock and turned to thrash ('85) and bought tons of thrash and death metal from '85 up to 1993. Then I gave it all away.
I mostly miss the rock and some of the early thrash like Metallica and Anthrax and a few others here and there but I dont miss most of it, especially the satanic stuff. But I miss the 70's and early 80's rock, and alot of LP's that I had I gave to a buddy of mine. The other day I went to his house and he broke out his huge collection of LP's, most of them were MINE! but oh well, I dont miss 'em too much, just a little.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:08 am

kmorg wrote:
Have you ever sold or traded away a CD you regretted afterwards?

Ummmm, yah. Only about 700 of them..... Regrets - Page 2 Icon_sad

Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regrets
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next