Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regrets

Go down 
+29
MetalFRO
Troublezone
krokus
Leatherface
Sutekh
Glenn Rogers
jstate
snooloui
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
Grimmo
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Cliffy
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
allthingsmetal
ultmetal
Dave the Boss
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
tohostudios
exact33
Olafsto
manny
kmorg
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:20 am

Have you ever sold or traded away a CD you regretted afterwards?

Right now I miss my Ace Frehley collection. Can't even start to remember what made me sell those! I had all his solo albums, and the Frehley's Comet stuff. Now some of it is really hard to find for a decent price.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Yes, I had Heaven,Riot, Giuffria, and the entire Black Oak Arkansas discography on vinyl and got rid of them, why I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:16 pm

I sold so many vinyls in the 90`s i don`t even want to start listing them, don`t know what i was thinking either.
But i have also bought hundreds of CD`s i have regretted buying... Regrets Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:18 pm

I kept a lot of vinyl, but for some insane reason like Olafsto, I sold off lots of vinyl, some of the vinyl I sold off, like my YES discography I have not even begun to get on CD yet.
Back to top Go down

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Yeah...a lot of the CDs on my Want List when I do trades were CDs I had at one time or another...Jelly Jam, Platypus, Soundgarden, Spock's Beard, Pink Floyd...I wish I had all that stuff back.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:14 pm

me too. I sold some of my thrash stuff awhile back and I kinda miss it now..

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:25 pm

I used to trade in any CD that didn't hit me right off. I ended up re-buying so many CDs that for years I instituted a total ban on getting rid of any CDs. In the past couple years I've started selling some stuff off but nowhere near as much as I used to.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:39 pm

There are about a hundred cds in my collection i regret buying: dragonforce, therapy, guns n roses, hanoi rocks...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Yeah, many times.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:22 pm

Oh yeah, definitely. I needed money badly back in 2008, so I sold my first press copy of Warning's debut album. I did get a whopping 150 euros for it though, but still. It's stil one of my alltime faves.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Heathens Rage EP (most likely won't ever see it again)

Sold off a lot of records in 1990 that I will never see again.

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:45 pm

In some of my moves or life transitions I gave away all my vinyl to a friend who was a 'vinyl freak'--Like all my Aerosmith bootleg vinyls and cassettes (which I really don't miss b/c he was such an Aerosmith freak and I just wasn't anymore).
What I really miss (I think) are all the cassettes I dumped off over time that I got throughout the 80's that I ordered from the back of Hit Parader or Circus magazines, (or got from their roadies at shows) then with friends.......Good memories though.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:49 pm

My entire Depeche Mode collection. Though I'm about half-way through getting it all back.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Way too many times.
Back to top Go down

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 pm

I wish i'd hung onto some of the albums I had in high school that are now collectors items.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:26 pm

kmorg wrote:
Have you ever sold or traded away a CD you regretted afterwards?

Right now I miss my Ace Frehley collection. Can't even start to remember what made me sell those! I had all his solo albums, and the Frehley's Comet stuff. Now some of it is really hard to find for a decent price.

But see, the thing is...now you can can go online and find free downloads of all of 'em and not feel bad about it, because both Ace and his record companies already received your money.

Total win win.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Fortunately I've never gotten rid of anything terribly rare, precious or valuable. There have been a few times where I've traded/sold off a CD only to go "damn, y'know, that one was pretty good, I shouldn't have done that," but thankfully they were all easy to re-acquire.

One thing I DO regret is being so stubborn in giving up cassettes and not buying a CD player a few years earlier when I was young... if I'd gotten into CDs a year or two earlier I wouldn't STILL be trying to find certain titles on CD all these years later!!! I would've gotten them all on CD as new releases to begin with, and saved myself a lot of time and trouble.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:39 pm

In the course of 2 years I had to sell about 20 jazz box sets (limited edition sets) and probably another 500 or so CDs. Plus I had already unloaded a majority of my rock & metal collection back in the late 90's. So I've been slowly rebuilding ever since as the finances allow.

But honestly, my "collectors bug" has kind of gone, I really only focus on albums I feel I "need". It's no longer necessary to have entire discographies to feel "whole". I also look to the future and don't have the aversion to digital that most people have...I've designed my entire stereo setup around my Mac, it's a fun change of pace.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Ugh......... Much like Ult, I got rid of an amazing collection of Vinyl back in the day, same reason too....... I have replaced most of it with CD's..... Still wish I had that first pressing of Ride The Lightning on Megaforce (and Kill Em All). O well, you live and learn!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:30 pm

i don't throw away, trade, or sell unless i have multiple copies. so no regrets at all.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Yes.... When I was younger we had a yard sale and I used to love the Monkees. I had their record that I would play over and over again. Some guy offered me 55 cents and I said SOLD! What the hell was I thinking?!

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:36 am

Quote :
But see, the thing is...now you can can go online and find free downloads of all of 'em and not feel bad about it, because both Ace and his record companies already received your money.

Total win win.

Awesome. I'm going to the store tomorrow and I'm going to buy a pack of bubble gum and give it to a friend for a fair trade, and then go back to the store to see if I can get as many free packs of bubble gum I can. The Hubba Bubba people got their money from me, right?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:37 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Total win win.

Awesome. I'm going to the store tomorrow and I'm going to buy a pack of bubble gum and give it to a friend for a fair trade, and then go back to the store to see if I can get as many free packs of bubble gum I can. The Hubba Bubba people got their money from me, right?

Regrets Lol Regrets 201269 Regrets 328982
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:57 am

I got rid of Suffocation's Breeding The Spawn back in the 1990's. I later regretted this. Fortunately, I found a used copy of the now OOP cd for US $18 in perfect order. My Suffo collection is now complete. But more importantly, now I really do enjoy BtS. Regrets 11840
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:22 am

God, I couldn't even begin to list them all. I had a few thousand CDs when I joined the Air Force, and I sold a good chunk of them. And not for good money. This was before eBay and whatnot, so I'd just sell them to local shops for next to nothing.

Side effect of sharing a tiny dorm room with someone and being in my early 20s making about $400 every two weeks. (And I bet some of you thought people were paid well in the military!) Either way, I sold all kinds of things that I regret. =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets   Regrets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regrets
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next