Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concert regrets part II (WTF)

Go down 
+5
James B.
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
manny
Wicked Rick
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Empty
PostSubject: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:14 pm

All right guys, I hope not many of you have had this problem. It's not a good one to have.

Has anyone gone to a concert & regretted it! Maybe the sound was bad, a band member was drunk, bad seats, annoying concert goers near you, boring show, you got in a fight & were kicked out.

As for me I only have one thank God. It was Queensryche with Type O Negative opening up. This was one boring show! I do not like Type O for nothing, just not my type of music. And Queensryche was boring as hell! They even played a slow a$$ jam session with people on stage sitting in a Paris cafe setting. I have no idea what was the purpose of the scene? This was the first time I would have seen Queensryche as headliner & it was boring as hell!

I seen boring opening bands, Golden Earring, Rose Tatoo, but never a headliner until I was Queensryche with Type O.

I was able to see Queensryche twice since & they have made up for the boring show, but still regret the Type O / Queensryche show.

"And remember kids, Metallica sucks"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:16 pm

I love Queensryche and Golden Earring I was sorry to hear you were disappointed in them.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I saw the Scorpions at the OC fair a couple years ago and the people in the seats next to us were bumping into us dancing and they were umm "large" people. I was pissed... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:44 pm

The first time I saw Warrior Soul they were pretty god-awful, which was a major disappointment. It was during the tour for CHILL PILL. I learned later that the entire band had bailed on Kory Clarke right after the recording of the album was finished, so the "band" I saw live was an all-new lineup that obviously had not had time to gel yet. (I saw them three more times on the tour for the followup album, SPACE AGE PLAYBOYS, and they totally smoked every time).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:54 pm

I saw the Chuck Billy benefit show titled "Thrash of the Titans" and it was bitter sweet. It was cool to see so many bay area thrash bands reuniting for the show but it also took a toll on my feet. I seemed to have stood around forever and there was nowhere to sit. By the time the last couple bands went on stage i was distracted by the pain in my feet and didn't get the full enjoyment i should have.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:15 pm

I drove about 400 miles to see alot of old friends reunite for a show in Anahiem and then have thier sets cut to just 3 or 4 songs cause the promoter decided to change the program from half the stage performance and half stage setting up to opening the whole stage to a single band and causing way too much delay between bands. The only kewl thing was I got to see Ultimatum for the very first time Concert regrets part II  (WTF) 795291 Oh yeah. seeing old friends was a blessing as well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:42 pm

I saw King Diamond once and the sound was beyond awful. It was like a wall of feedback. I got to catch KD a few years later and it was a much better show.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 pm

I went to see a Jay-Z concert back in 2000 with a friend who had an extra ticket. Totally not my music or people I would associate myself with, and the smell of weed was everywhere. I got in for free, so who am I to complain?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:13 am

Wicked Rick wrote:

I seen boring opening bands...........Rose Tattoo

Who'd you see them opening for? Must have been a bad night for them because in their advancing age now they are still incredible live.

I wish i had a chance to see them at their prime at those infamous inner Sydney city gigs from the late 70's that old timers down here rave about. Or when they played the Marquee in London in '81 and were hailed the loudest band to play there since Led Zeppelin!
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:53 am

I saw Rose Tat with Aerosmith 1982. Joe Perry had not rejoined the band yet.

Rose Tat was so boring that I actually dozed off. Sleep
No lie and no I was not drunk.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Wicked Rick wrote:
All right guys, I hope not many of you have had this problem. It's not a good one to have.

Has anyone gone to a concert & regretted it! Maybe the sound was bad, a band member was drunk, bad seats, annoying concert goers near you, boring show, you got in a fight & were kicked out.

As for me I only have one thank God. It was Queensryche with Type O Negative opening up. This was one boring show! I do not like Type O for nothing, just not my type of music. And Queensryche was boring as hell! They even played a slow a$$ jam session with people on stage sitting in a Paris cafe setting. I have no idea what was the purpose of the scene? This was the first time I would have seen Queensryche as headliner & it was boring as hell!

I seen boring opening bands, Golden Earring, Rose Tatoo, but never a headliner until I was Queensryche with Type O.

I was able to see Queensryche twice since & they have made up for the boring show, but still regret the Type O / Queensryche show.

"And remember kids, Metallica sucks"

You're crazy....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets part II (WTF)   Concert regrets part II  (WTF) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concert regrets part II (WTF)
Page 1 of 1