Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concert regrets

Go down 
+16
nevermore
thejokeriv
kmorg
DeathCult
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
manny
tohostudios
mc666
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
Svengo
candlemass
Stender
Wicked Rick
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:54 pm

I've had a few.

OK, I brought this up with my cousins this pass Saturday & it was a great topic, so I am bringing it here.

Have you ever missed a concert for a stupid reason and then kicked yourself for missing it? Did you miss out coz your wife/chick did not let you go. Family engagement, someones wedding, did you plan on getting tickets at the show to find out it was sold out? Was it for a girl you thought were going to lay that night but it never happened? Did you think the show was going to suck, but then heard it was great.

I was going to say to leave out you were broke and just could not get money to buy a ticket, but figured what the hell. Maybe you were waiting for someone to pay you money and they did not.

Remember, this is a show you regret. You could have gone but you did not.
Here are my two.

#2. Damageplan - I won tickets from the radio show but the concert was the night after the presidential election with Al Gore and W. There was no clear winner that night and I stayed up late. The next night of the show I called my friend and he did not want to go. I tried one more friend & could not get a hold of him. I did not want to go alone, so I said f**k it. And you all know a few months later we lost Dimebag. I did see Pantera 3 times, but I still kick myself for not going to see Damegeplan.

#1. Metallica (when they were Metal) In 1986 they came to a small venue for the Ride the Lightning show, they wound up playing 3 nights in a row. Everyone I knew went to one of those show, but not me. And the stupid reason, a girl. I was with my first real girlfriend at the time and she did not tell me I could not go, I just figured it was more important to be with her then a stupid concert. I WAS THE STUPID ONE, & to this day kick myself for not going. I did see Metallica years later at Lalapoluza then again for one of the Load of smurf poo tours, when they were way passed their prime.

I have missed a couple of show due to no $$, but I they never bothered me as much as the two I mentioned.

And by the way, I like Death Magnetic, but Metallica still SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:00 pm

1. Hirax-I was throwing up the night before and a little in the morning but still wanted to go and thrash out so I told my friend to come pick me up anyways so we could go, I threw up again when walking to the car and said forget it. I felt better later in the day because it was all out of my system and all I could do was kick my self for not manning up for one second.
Back to top Go down

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Being at home sick as a dog instead of being at the King's X show that's happening right now...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Rush - Moving Pictures Tour 81

It was Friday May 8th, my birthday, "Senior Flick Day"...... and I was too stoned and drunk to go! \'arry \'eadbanger

Black Sabbath Reunion

I really wish I would've caught a show w/the original line up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:13 pm

candlemass wrote:

Black Sabbath Reunion

I really wish I would've caught a show w/the original line up.

I was lucky enough to catch that show in Seattle at Key Arena, one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers Tour
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 pm

detuned wrote:
Being at home sick as a dog instead of being at the King's X show that's happening right now...
I had to miss 'em the last time they were in town here and it sucked.
Even though I've seen 'em tons of times, I always regret it for months afterward if I can't go.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 pm

Grave Digger
I think it was there first time coming to the states (as far as I know) about maybe a year or two ago. I really wanted to go but they ended up changing the venue and the date then I forgot all about it until my friend started telling me about it. I was pretty upset. I heard there was only about 100 people there which would have been great haha. Hopefully they will come back.

I also regret not going to concerts when I was younger. My first one was when Bruce Dickenson came bac with Maiden. It was a really great covert though so I was hapy about that.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 am

Not having anyone to go with in high school to metal shows like Priest's Painkilller tour and Clash of the Titans...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:41 am

2006, Doro played in Springfield, VA. i got sent in the opposite direction because of work & missed it. still haven't seen her live yet.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:04 am

When I lived in CT, I had three chances to see the Ramones and missed all three for various reasons. I even had tickets for one show but my g/f wrecked her car that afternoon and didn't feel like going so like an idiot, I stayed with her.

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 am

I just found out (this morning) that Lita Ford played in St. Pete over the weekend, which is about an hour and a half from me. I would have died to see her!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I just found out (this morning) that Lita Ford played in St. Pete over the weekend, which is about an hour and a half from me. I would have died to see her!

And to make matters worse, Debra Gibson was opening. angry
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 am

I missed going to see Van Halen on their 1984 tour because I overslept when the tickets went on sale. By the time I went to the box office the show sold out.

I had a girl ask me to go see Nirvana, she had an extra ticket and I didnot want to go, because I was getting a bit burnt out on Nirvana, how was I to know Kurt Cobain was going to die.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 am

Hammerfall & Death! I just was tired and didn't feel like going to a show. That was my last opportunity to see Death live. I did get to see a couple years later with Dio, so that was cool.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
Hammerfall & Death! I just was tired and didn't feel like going to a show. That was my last opportunity to see Death live. I did get to see a couple years later with Dio, so that was cool.

I was at their "Live in L.A." show. The one that is on the dvd. I'm glad i did and i had no idea Chuck was sick.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:56 am

Regrets? I've had a few...

Ozzy w/Metallica (with Cliff) - missed Metallica because I was drunk in the parking lot

Aerosmith w/Guns N' Roses - missed because I was on vacation with my family

Motley Crue - missed them multiple times in their crazy 80's/early 90's prime. Didn't get to see them live till their 1st re-union with Vince promoting Generation Swine.

White Zombie w/The Ramones - ex-roommate offered me free ticket, declined 'cause I'm a dumbass.

Iron Maiden - again, missed multiple shows in their 80's prime because I was busy spending my hard-earned concert cash on bands like Warrant & Poison.

There's probably more, but this topic is making me depressed. Maybe I'll go unload on Jimmy Fallon some more. I can't stand that douche.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 am

Wicked Rick wrote:

And by the way, I like Death Magnetic, but Metallica still SUCKS!

Worst....Logic.....EVER
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:09 am

mc666 wrote:
2006, Doro played in Springfield, VA. i got sent in the opposite direction because of work & missed it. still haven't seen her live yet.

Me too actually, I missed the exact same show. That was right after I lost my house and everything, and I couldnt scrape the dough together to make it to VA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:31 pm

I saw Iced Earth with Matt 2 times before I became a fan. Thus I left the shows both times! After he left I hated that I missed out on 2 opportunities! But now that he is back, I might get lucky once more Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:30 pm

TONS of shows during the 80's because my parents wouldn't let me go to concerts in high school (still a BIG sore spot!!!!!) - I was only allowed to go to Stryper because they where a Christian band. They were worried about the "drugs at concerts"
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:31 pm

I had a chance to see Death and Nevermore and didn't because I was low on cash. It was either eat the rest of the week or go to the show. And like a jackass I didn't starve the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Living in Tampa, Florida I got to see almost every death metal band in the world for $5, one concert I do regret going to was Cannibal Corpse, the music was good but out of nowhere they start throwing rotted meat out into audience and I got nailed with a piece of rotting carcass of some sort.

Not only did it smell like death but the girl I went with took off with some other dude. angry
Back to top Go down

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 pm

I've never seen RUSH!

angry
Back to top Go down

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:24 pm

I missed Barren Cross because I was working with a youth group on a camping trip. Doh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Concert regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert regrets   Concert regrets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concert regrets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next