Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?

Go down 
+22
Gilbert
TheGooch
7thSaviour
Smindas
metalhead777
Lurideath
exact33
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
manny
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Stender
Metallic Blaze
Temple of Blood
Ben Grimm
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:04 pm

I'm pretty sure that's a sign of the apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:30 pm

I like Dragonforce, but I'm nuetral on this. I'm sure they'll find a very good singer to fill the void. Change will be good for them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Stender wrote:
Probably the best thing musically that could have happened to him.

I agree. this band is a one trick pony.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:44 pm

I'm pretty sure the next album will be different. I am somewhat of a fan of these guys as I think the musicianship is outstanding. Sure a lot sounds the same, but why fix something that's not broken like a lot of other bands do? I'm neutral on this though and I too hope they can find a good singer.

Personally I think Ronny Munroe would kick ass in this band!
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 pm

oh come on!

in my opinion the vocals were the best part of that band!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:52 am

Dragonforce is nowhere near a favorite band of mine.

But I do really like them.

They are unfairly hated because of their success.

For some reason, when a band get huge in metal circles - they seem to become an object of hate.

Before they were big - people loved them.

I was a fan then - and I'm a fan now. I applaud their success.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

For some reason, when a band get huge in metal circles - they seem to become an object of hate.

I think its pretty juvenile to hate a band because of that particular bands recent success, and I dont think most people dislike the band because of their fame, it just got really obvious that DF wasnt going to offer much new after the 2nd album.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:44 am

I like all their albums.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:07 am

Stender wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I think its pretty juvenile to hate a band because of that particular bands recent success, and I dont think most people dislike the band because of their fame, it just got really obvious that DF wasnt going to offer much new after the 2nd album.

I totally agree with the above. If they are famous -good for them. What I didnt like about the last cd was the fact every song was a clone of the first one. I like when a band sticks to what they do best but rehashing the same song throughout an entire album is too much..

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:43 am

Dragonforce really isn't the case of a band becoming hated due to popularity. They became pretty big over here in the UK with their second release Sonic Firestorm and everyone still loved them. However, Inhuman Rampage onwards literally sounds like one song repeated for two albums worth of material. That coupled with some very sloppy live performances resulted in a lot of backlash.

Dragonforce certainly aren't a bad band and I love those first two albums, especially Valley of the Damned. I've seen them live three times and although a bit sloppy, they've always put on a good show. It's a shame to see ZP go though as I always liked his voice. I'm also a bit worried that the "musical differences" the split was over might imply that Dragonforce simply want to do another repetitive album. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and write something more original next time, though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:28 pm

I wish both parties all the best of luck. I'm pretty neutral on this issue, too. I love DragonForce as a band and ZP as a vocalist!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:13 am

7thSaviour wrote:
I love DragonForce as a band and ZP as a vocalist!

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 29150 DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 495333
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:13 pm

i gave dragonforc a fair chance, both live and on cds. left me cold
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am

They are a great band! 10/10
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:49 am

Dragonforce again? DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_mad

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 78889
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:35 am

Oh please.

Get over it.

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Oh please.

Get over it.

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Right on, brother. DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 pm

I never could understand all the bad mouthing directed toward them. I always thought they were pretty good. I just wonder how the changing of the vocalist will affect them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:07 pm

007 wrote:
I never could understand all the bad mouthing directed toward them. I always thought they were pretty good. I just wonder how the changing of the vocalist will affect them.

i never understood it either. I think they had something going up until their last effort, which i didnt like. It will be interesting to see how they recover.

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:31 pm

exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:

i never understood it either. I think they had something going up until their last effort, which i didnt like. It will be interesting to see how they recover.
I loved their last CD! I'd rate their entire catalog a very solid 9/10.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:45 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:

I loved their last CD! I'd rate their entire catalog a very solid 9/10.

I dont think i would rate them that high. Ultra beatdown was pretty boring...

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:47 pm

I will admit that "Ultra Beatdown" is my least fave. There is some filler on there. I still like it though.

But their debut album is a landmark to modern day power metal. It's time to give this band it's proper due.

I can't wait for their new one with their new singer. I have faith it will be a nice recovery album for them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:23 pm

I will wait and see about their new one. It will be a hear before I buy cd.

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:24 am

I will most likely buy their new CD if I like how their new vocalist sounds.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:31 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I will most likely buy their new CD if I like how their new vocalist sounds.

+1

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 495333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next