Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey

Go down 
+6
nevermore
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Troublezone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Empty
PostSubject: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 1:38 pm

This sucks! His rhythm playing was a big part of their sound. All they are saying is that he has health issues. Now two founding members are gone...

I wonder if Phil is difficult to work with. They seemed to be doing fine when they just toured festivals in Europe. The announcement was obviously very under the radar.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sacred-reich-parts-ways-with-guitarist-jason-rainey-announces-replacement/
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 pm

Weren't these cats getting a new album ready?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Disappointing, but I suspect it was health-related as was said.

I think most all their music is written by Phil anyway.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 3:06 pm

corplhicks wrote:

They still are. The album is titled Awakening. They recruited some kid that had helped record the demos.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

They still are. The album is titled Awakening. They recruited some kid that had helped record the demos.

He's actually the son of the guy who was going to be SR's new drummer before McClain came back. He's like 22 and didn't play on any of their demos, but his dad did (on drums).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

He's actually the son of the guy who was going to be SR's new drummer before McClain came back.  He's like 22 and didn't play on any of their demos, but his dad did (on drums).

The statement said Joey And his dad “helped” record the demos. I’m assuming that means he played on them. I doubt the kid is a studio engineer. Laughing

SACRED REICH said in a statement: "Joey and his dad Tim [drums] helped us record the demos for the new songs. So when we needed a new guitar player, Joey was the obvious choice and was able to jump right in and crush his parts on the new record. He is 22 years old and grew up listening to SACRED REICH (his parents raised him up right).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:06 am

New tune...

\'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 1:20 pm

Man that track is not good at all Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Sounded like Sacred Reich to me. They've always been politically minded with a sense of humor in their music. I dunno. I liked it.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 4:51 pm

It sounds like they went for more of a punk sound on this song.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 10:34 am

Gilbert wrote:

I didn't care for it either.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39178

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 11:09 am

Meh. That tune's ok I suppose. Not good but not terrible either.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 12:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It sounds like they went for more of a punk sound on this song.

Yea, no doubt. I sorta wish it went a little longer. It's under 2 minutes.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 5:50 pm

I hope they have a few new songs that sound more like The American Way. I would also settle on the Independent style.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 6:04 am

Jason Rainey R.I.P.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-sacred-reich-guitarist-jason-rainey-dies-of-apparent-heart-attack/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 6:06 am

I think we need to start a new thread just for all the RIP’s...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 11:52 am

Troublezone wrote:
Jason Rainey R.I.P.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-sacred-reich-guitarist-jason-rainey-dies-of-apparent-heart-attack/

Holy crap! RIP
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 3:25 pm

R.I.P. Jason Rainey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 4:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Jason Rainey R.I.P.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39178

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Sad to hear.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:03 pm

Jason was a very underrated rhythm guitarist. I remember reading a quote from his former bandmate Wiley that said he was a master at “barre chord acrobatics”. I think he was in the same league as Eric Peterson from Testament. A very solid player!

Again... it’s a shame that he passed and never really got his due credit and appreciation for his playing.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:44 pm

This is really sad. I was hoping he was back in the band, when I saw this headline.

R.I.P. Mr. Rainey.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 1:25 am

Sad news R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 5:29 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey    Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacred Reich parts ways with Jason Rainey
Page 1 of 1