Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?

Go down 
+22
Gilbert
TheGooch
7thSaviour
Smindas
metalhead777
Lurideath
exact33
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
manny
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Stender
Metallic Blaze
Temple of Blood
Ben Grimm
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Empty
PostSubject: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Just read this on blabbermouth....

The U.S. branch of Roadrunner Records released a story at approximately 6:03 p.m. EST today (Monday, March Cool via its official web site (and distributed through the site's official RSS feed) containing the following text (Note: The story has since been removed from the site):

"DRAGONFORCE have split with lead singerDRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? 2_bing ZP Theart. The band issued the following statement regarding the matter:

"'It is with great regret that DRAGONFORCE announce a parting of the ways with singer ZP Theart. This is due to insurmountable differences of musical opinion but the rest of the band sincerely wishes ZP great success with his future projects.

"'While the creative core members have begun writing the fifth album, they have also started a worldwide search for a new vocalist.'

"'We are looking for a powerful, melodic singer to write a new chapter of DRAGONFORCE with us,' said guitarist Herman Li.

"Anyone wishing to audition for the vacant position should apply following the instructions right here."

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 pm

He must not have been singing fast enough. The guys at Hot Topic are going to be pissed!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:24 pm

He doesn't like recycling the same garbage over and over again? That's new.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 am

I know I am in the minority on this forum ( I like Dragonforce) but I am disappointed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:09 am

SpectreFate wrote:
He must not have been singing fast enough. The guys at Hot Topic are going to be pissed!

haha
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:09 am

I like Dragonforce too. Always have.

Sad news indeed. ZP was a great frontman.

I hope they find someone worthy.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:57 am

Probably the best thing musically that could have happened to him.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:20 am

Interesting - I like DragonForce! Not something I listen to every single day, but good enough!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:26 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

haha

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? 201269
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 am

I own a Dragonforce CD. Never listen to it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 am

Ehhh... DragonForce, me no likee. As I've said so many times before, DragonForce = Helloween's WALLS OF JERICHO album, played @ 78 RPM.

I reviewed their SONIC FIRESTORM disc for Detritus years back. Didn't like it much, and shortly after the review ran my e-mail box was flooded with poorly spelled hate mails from angry DragonForce fans with screen names like "BardsSong" or "IronSwordofVengeance" or whatever. It was frickin' hilarious. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:20 am

They're like the Keepers albums without the good songs.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am

I don't mind the first one, though the mixing is absolutely horrible. I was a fan of the demo from mp3.com, the performances were sort of the same but the sound was actually better on the demo. Being slightly goofy is ok, but when it just descended more and more into parody in the name of 'fun' and the songs weren't even any good anymore, I stopped caring. Odd how they get a lot of discussion and listening merely from being out there, but that's what it does for you...that's why bands want good record deals. DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Lol
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:17 am

I wonder if ZP is wanting to do something more melodic and less speed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:59 am

Stender wrote:

I agree use the gift that god gave you. In Dragonforce the man was singing the same melodies over and over again..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:06 am

A coupla of the younger guys I work with are fans of these guys through Guitar Hero and while their speed is impressive, it's all to samey for my tastes. I'm sure they'll have no problem finding a new singer. Heck, tell Tim Owens to give 'em a call. I heard he'll come to your house and sing "Happy Birthday" for a case of beer.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Heck, tell Tim Owens to give 'em a call. I heard he'll come to your house and sing "Happy Birthday" for a case of beer.

the best part is I can see it happening and it becoming huge
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Stender wrote:

I agree use the gift that god gave you. In Dragonforce the man was singing the same melodies over and over again..

I hear Adam Lambert is available
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 am

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Stender wrote:

I'm waiting for him to tour with Queen in a few years.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Heck, tell Tim Owens to give 'em a call. I heard he'll come to your house and sing "Happy Birthday" for a case of beer.

the best part is I can see it happening and it becoming huge

Owens isn't cool with the Hot Topic crowd. I can see them hiring a "hot" tattooed female vocalist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:34 am

I hope Tim wouldn't be that stupid. Good luck to ZP, maybe he'll find a band that actually has more facets then speed to sing with.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:37 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Stender wrote:

I forgot about that rumor, I did not see Adam Lambert's performance with Queen so I have no idea if he could pull this off.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:38 am

manny wrote:
I forgot about that rumor, I did not see Adam Lambert's performance with Queen so I have no idea if he could pull this off.

He definitely could.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 am

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Stender wrote:

I think he'd be a better fit than Paul Rodgers was.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 am

Wow, both toho and ToB think Lambert has the vocal chops to join Queen?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?   DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DRAGONFORCE Parts Ways With Singer?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next