Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annihilator - Metal

Go down 
+16
Troublezone
EvyMetal
DeathCult
nevermore
INVADERS
kmorg
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Smindas
Wargod
TheGooch
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 2:24 pm

I started out not liking this puppy very much. But repeated listening has done miracles for it! I really enjoy it now, and think it's Annihilator's best in maybe a decade!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:11 am

OK, FINALLY scored a copy of this CD. What is everyone complaining about? It sounds like freakin' ANNIHILATOR! Shawn sent me a MP3 of "Clown Parade" and that was all it took to convince me. "Metal" indeed!

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 1:52 pm

I like it.

i think the guest appearances add a little extra something to the CD . . but i bet it wudda still sound cool if it were just waters and backing band.

caught them on tour with sanctity, gojira and trivium . . Annihilator f****** rulez live !!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 2:14 pm

What are all those guys on Metal-Archives.com talking about. Those reviews are ridiculous, talking about selling out and such. Selling out to what? This is METAL, it's not a freakin' emo or metalcore album. One guy says 'sue for false advertising' because the name of the album is Metal and according to him, it's not.
Quote :
If you ever felt metal had committed treason, then this song, nay, this album is exactly that...Jeff Waters decided, for some strange reason, to release a slower, more mainstream album...
Face it people, this CD is terrible.
What the...? angry

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 2:24 pm

I usually dont pay any attention to reviews,especially from guys who obviously dont know their ass from a hole in the ground.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
What are all those guys on Metal-Archives.com talking about. Those reviews are ridiculous, talking about selling out and such. Selling out to what? This is METAL, it's not a freakin' emo or metalcore album. One guy says 'sue for false advertising' because the name of the album is Metal and according to him, it's not.
Quote :
If you ever felt metal had committed treason, then this song, nay, this album is exactly that...Jeff Waters decided, for some strange reason, to release a slower, more mainstream album...
Face it people, this CD is terrible.
What the...? angry

thats an absurd statement as the riffs are plainly very heavy metal even though it is not as warp speed as early annihilaotor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:11 am

They're just pissed cuz JW got so many modern Metal guests on it...I think that, had done the same songs with only his band, it'd be getting better reviews...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:15 am

i never saw the problems with having guests becuase most of them only play solos on it and they pretty much all blaze
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:21 am

I figured that Jeff filled the album with a bunch of guest stars simply because he seems to be incapable of keeping a solid band lineup together and was tired of doing everything himself. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:42 am

TheGooch wrote:
i never saw the problems with having guests becuase most of them only play solos on it and they pretty much all blaze

I never had a problem with it either. But I remember when the guest line up was announced a while back, before the album came out, people had already made up their minds that they were going to hate it...dumb. Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Haven't heard this yet. I hope to snag a copy of it soon.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:23 pm

I haven't bought an Annihilator cd since Never, Neverland
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:48 pm

Should have my copy tomorrow in the mail, need this to have my Annihilator collection complete.

Wargod48

NP: Brainstorm - Downburst
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Yeah metal! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

I never had a problem with it either. But I remember when the guest line up was announced a while back, before the album came out, people had already made up their minds that they were going to hate it...dumb. Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 19976

pretty dumb indeed

i cant believe its only just come out in the USA
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:50 pm

The new ANVIL isn't yet available in the U.S. either.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:49 am

18 bucks at FYE. angry
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:51 am

Like i mentioned in the past Annihilator are exellent musically but are plagued with crap lyrics and all singers after the second guy i don't like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
The new ANVIL isn't yet available in the U.S. either.

someone should sent money directly to robbo like the olde way....mediocre album though....a couple of great tunes only(one is almost the same as cut loose...)
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 10:39 am

EvyMetal wrote:
18 bucks at FYE. angry

i paid fifteen pounds which is thirty bucks for my copy but it was with a gift vouvher so it was free really
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:25 am

Just a copy of this yesterday. Giving it a spin as I'm typing this. So far, it's not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:47 am

EvyMetal wrote:
18 bucks at FYE. angry

Stop complaining! I paid over 30$ for my didi-pak! lol!

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:56 am

kmorg wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
18 bucks at FYE. angry

Stop complaining! I paid over 30$ for my didi-pak! lol!

what a rip. SPV obviously likes to milk it to the death
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm bumping this just because I finally was able to find a used copy today. I'm listening to it now and find it rather good. I think all the squawking about the guests is ridiculous. It doesn't distract at all. The Metal Archives reviews are absurd.I can see not liking an album but those idiots go out of their way to be insulting and see how vulgar they can be in doing so.Sorry,just had to vent a bit
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I think this album is wretched. And Jeff Waters was my hero back in the day.

He desperately needs a co-writer/producer/something.

The vocal patterns for one are the same exact ones he's been doing for at least 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annihilator - Metal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next