Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annihilator - Metal

Go down 
+16
Troublezone
EvyMetal
DeathCult
nevermore
INVADERS
kmorg
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Smindas
Wargod
TheGooch
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Annihilator - Metal Empty
PostSubject: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:48 am

I like it. I've seen people wigging out about the guest appearances, but IMO they did not affect Jeff Waters putting out another fine piece of Metal Art! Although the song where he namecheck's other Metal bands is a tiny bit cheesy...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:52 am

I've still not heard this one. I'm a bit leery because of the reviews I have read. Most of them are saying it's Waters' worst. I usually don't give a rip about reviews, especially since Annihilator are one of my favorites, but since this CD wasn't released domestically, it's a bit pricey as well.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:08 am

Yah, I'm not paying those import prices to get it.

Hopefully it will get picked up by an American distributer.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:23 am

it's just not that good. the material is very weak. i had it on mp3 & deleted it... i doubt i will buy in unless i get it for cheap.

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:42 am

Granted, it's not 'Never Neverland' or even 'Carnival Diablos', but I don't think its bad either. The guitar playing is strong and I like Waters' riffing...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:12 pm

it was the first annihilator album i bought and i now own never nverland as i was interested as to how the early releases sounded compared to "metal" yes the song that namechecks other bands is a bit well - kinda dumb.

it sounds nothing like never neverland and i will say it is crap on comparison. i also thought it was crap when i first bought it but have grown to like it

the song detonation sounds like a carbon copy of children of the grave by black sabbath.

i caught annihilator on tour recently with trivium and they were really good - better or as good as the headliner

the record was released on german label spv
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 8:24 pm

It's fair at best, better than the last one. Hard to get used to Dave Paddens vocals when Joe Comeau was one of Jeffs better vocalist!
I will get because I have everything else and yes there is no US distributer which sucks. CDinzane has it!
Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 8:30 pm

Quote :
better than the last one.
I LOVE Schizo-Deluxe!!!!! I think that is Waters best album since Alice. But I know I am in the minority there.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
I LOVE Schizo-Deluxe!!!!! I think that is Waters best album since Alice. But I know I am in the minority there.

I thought it was pretty good as well. I'll try and score a copy of Metal cheaply,though. I gotta try and keep my spending low
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:16 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
i liked it quite a bit myself!

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 6:46 am

Metal is decent but at times very mediocre. It's a shame because I had some really high hopes for it.

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 7:19 am

I've not heard 'Schizo Deluxe' yet...

As for 'Metal', I think it's a good/decent record...certainly not "crap", IMO. Lots of good, heavy riffing happening & the vocal arrangements are classic Annihilator...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:08 am

This is a band that, try as I might, I just couldn't get into. Jeff Waters is quite a talent on guitar, but perhaps it was the constant rotation of singers that made the albums seem inconsistant. I haven't heard any new material since Carnival Diabolos and it's unlikely I will pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:12 am

I can't stand the current vocalist (Dave Padden) and have not bought an Annihilator CD since he came on board...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:18 am

Quote :
perhaps it was the constant rotation of singers that made the albums seem inconsistant

That could easily do it...
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:38 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

I thought Schizo was an excellent album. Dave Padden sounded like an actual "thrash" vocalist on it, IMO. He was very uneven and unsure sounding on All For You.

Still wish they would have kept Joe though. I thought he fit Jeff's riffage the best since Randy Rampage.

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 1:19 pm

I liked Joe's vocals as well...

Randy Rampage was OK...but overall he got a little annoying. Coburn Pharr is still my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I liked Joe's vocals as well...

Randy Rampage was OK...but overall he got a little annoying. Coburn Pharr is still my favorite.

yeah,I think Pharr is my favorite also
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Joe Comeau was my favorite Annihilator vocalist... believe it or not, even tho they've been around forever, CARNIVAL DIABLOS was my first Annihilator disc. (Don't ask me WHY it took me so long to finally discover them, cuz I really don't know. I was aware that Annihilator existed ever since ALICE IN HELL but just never got round to checking out any of their stuff.) I actually picked up CARNIVAL out of curiosity cuz I've been a big Overkill fan forever and I wondered if Comeau could sing as well as he played Gee-tar in Overkill. Turns out he sure could!! I immediately wondered "Where have I been? This band rules!" and tracked down the rest of their catalog as fast as I could!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Quote :
Don't ask me WHY it took me so long to finally discover them

WHYYYYYYYY??!?!?!?!?!?!?! just kidding
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:06 pm

I too am a Coburn Pharr fan. I always associate his voice with Annihilator.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
Don't ask me WHY it took me so long to finally discover them

WHYYYYYYYY??!?!?!?!?!?!?! just kidding

lol! Like I said, I'm not sure why I never got into'em before CARNIVAL DIABLOS. I think when ALICE IN HELL first came out it was simply a case of "too many new thrash bands, not enough $$ to buy them all," so I never got on the bandwagon at that time, then I never got an opportunity to hear them again till MUCH later...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:58 pm

This is my first review back at Digital Metal!!

http://www.eclipsemagazine.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=405
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 9:27 am

Sounds like a fair review Shawn.

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 9:46 am

ultmetal wrote:
Sounds like a fair review Shawn.

Thanks dude....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator - Metal   Annihilator - Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annihilator - Metal
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-