Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And Justice for all

Go down 
+31
stepcousin
MetalFRO
Lurideath
SoulBurn
Louder
Waylon
7thSaviour
Joe
Required Fields
tul
Troublezone
Leatherface
scottmitchell74
Lari
INVADERS
exact33
nevermore
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Temple of Blood
XYZ
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
mc666
Mglaffas81
Eyesore
Gilbert
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulBurn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

And Justice for all - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Very overrated convulted sounding mess. The first 3 are way better. Cliff Burton was Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Quote :
it's that drum sound that kills it. I could make a better drum tone tapping against a wall.

I totally agree with that! I am not a Metallica fan at all so I won't comment on this album too greatly. This was the beginning of the end for them in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:29 pm

I like the album...I like the complicated arrangements, the drum tone, etc...I just wish the bass was more present...
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:33 pm

If you don't have "Justice" yet, you're sorely missing out! Brilliant album, slightly hampered by somewhat stark production (though that does, at times, work in the album's favor). No thrash metal fan's collection is complete w/o it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Ive been listening to it for 21 years, not much I can add to what's been said. The bass is lacking (compared to the $5.98 ep and the Black album both of which had lots of Jason heavy in the mix).
The album is very much song-wise in the same structure as RTL and MoP; fast thrashy song, long title track, mid-tempo hit single, mellow intro building into frenzied ending song with very in depth lyrics, side 2 starts with a fast song that goes back and forth from thrashiness to mid tempo/faster mid tempo, slower mid tempo hit single-type, long instumental, ending album with an all-out thrasher. "Justice" has "Frayed Ends" which is in the middle of side 2 and is fast paced med tempo with great guitar work.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:29 pm

I like this album, and I dont really call the drum sound sh!tty, just different I guess. Kill em all is the best.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:51 am

It feels as if Metallica have ran out of talent after Master of Puppets.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:52 am

Gilbert wrote:

I could be wrong here but IMO I dont feel a band ever runs out of talent, they run out of inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:11 am

Justice is a great album, I'm surprised it divides opinion so much. It's certainly better than Kill 'Em All.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 am

I agree Smindas, I am surprised how divided peps opinions on this disc are, personally I think it is a great album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:32 pm

stepcousin wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I could be wrong here but IMO I dont feel a band ever runs out of talent, they run out of inspiration.

This is what i meant to say. I need more time to master the english language correctly And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:41 pm

manny wrote:
I agree Smindas, I am surprised how divided peps opinions on this disc are, personally I think it is a great album.

I don't hate it. I just have strong opinions regarding how better it should've/could've/would've been, if only.................

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:56 pm

manny wrote:

What Manny said.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I agree that Justice is a great album, but I don't believe it is better than Kill 'em All. Just not possible.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Smindas wrote:
Justice is a great album, I'm surprised it divides opinion so much. It's certainly better than Kill 'Em All.
I know it comes down to individual taste, but I don't know how a fan of thrash metal could rate Justice higher than Kill 'Em All.

Kill 'Em All is probably my favourite Metallica disc, and I'm hardly even a fan. I think I prefer Testament and Annihilator, even Slayer, when it comes to old school thrash. And Belladonna Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Lari wrote:
Smindas wrote:
I know it comes down to individual taste, but I don't know how a fan of thrash metal could rate Justice higher than Kill 'Em All.

Kill 'Em All is probably my favourite Metallica disc, and I'm hardly even a fan. I think I prefer Testament and Annihilator, even Slayer, when it comes to old school thrash. And Belladonna Anthrax.

Kill'em all is about thrash metal. It's that simple And Justice for all - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
SoulBurn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Kill Em All destroys AFJA.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:12 pm

I think AJFA suffers because it is the point where Metallica became popular and the masses started to think they were metal because they liked One.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:36 pm

The bass guitar is nonexistent and the kick drum is way too big... other than that i thought it was a good album. I'm surprised it hasn't been remixed/remastered by now...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Lari wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Oh PUH-LEASE. AJFA is 10X the monster KEA is. And I love KEA.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:31 am

Lari wrote:
Smindas wrote:

I've always thought Kill 'Em All is a bit overrated, personally. Don't get me wrong, it's a good album, but it's hardly one I find myself listening to very often. It pales in comparison to Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets. Whilst I don't think Justice is better than those two, it's certainly superior to Kill 'Em All to my ears. Something about Kill 'Em All seems messy - I realise it's raw thrash at it's inception but I personally prefer the more, for lack of a better word, refined sound of the subsequent albums. I have the same problem with Megadeth's Killing Is My Business - it's good, but it's not great. Give me Rust In Peace any day.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:46 am

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:59 am

I love that what was quite an interesting, albeit incredibly nerdy, debate can now only be settled by a poll ;P

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:20 am

POLLS RULE!!!

And Justice for all - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:14 am

This is the first album my mother and step-father got me for Christmas along with the black album. I can actually sing ONE by them from memory and when I do the "Landmine" part I actually pull out the SlipKnot vocal (I am a product of both the Chicago and Iowa Metal scenes, I can do the melodic Chicago style metal vocals but I love doing the Iowa Metal Bark. The Iowa Bark is sort of like Pantera on Far Beyond Driven.)

...And Justice For All will have a place in my heart when it comes to Metallica. I just recently rebought this album after it got stolen from my Mason Craphole apartment. I have the most recent one of theirs too and this is right up there with the first five. (I consider the Black Album a good one too now after hearing LOAD.)

I just wish Death Magnetic came out right after the Black Album, but hell it's a strong release by them because every track on the album is long. I love the whole album ...And Justice For All because it's one of those that stands out in thrash metal as being an epic album and it's an exploration into Nihilism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And Justice for all
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next