Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And Justice for all

Go down 
+31
stepcousin
MetalFRO
Lurideath
SoulBurn
Louder
Waylon
7thSaviour
Joe
Required Fields
tul
Troublezone
Leatherface
scottmitchell74
Lari
INVADERS
exact33
nevermore
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Temple of Blood
XYZ
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
mc666
Mglaffas81
Eyesore
Gilbert
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

And Justice for all - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:05 pm

I don't like it that much. It's okay, but overrated. Songs seem to wander around too much. Sound is not bad, but a bit 'meh'. Still, if you already own the 90's albums, no excuse not to have this....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 pm

I'd bet my life that if Metallica never created a video for "One" that this would be hailed as a classic by all those that hail the first three as classics.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'd bet my life that if Metallica never created a video for "One" that this would be hailed as a classic by all those that hail the first three as classics.

Not true. For me, it's that drum sound that kills it. I could make a better drum tone tapping against a wall. "One" is actually the only song I like on it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 pm

James B. wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Why? It's their best album. Buy it!

It's easily their best album. They never topped this masterpiece again!

This album is ESSENTIAL for any self-respecting fan of metal!!!

I am very sorry for this but And Justice for all - Page 2 78889 And Justice for all - Page 2 78889 And Justice for all - Page 2 78889 And Justice for all - Page 2 78889 And Justice for all - Page 2 78889

1)the production And Justice for all - Page 2 810647 "where is the bass" And Justice for all - Page 2 685534
2)the songs And Justice for all - Page 2 436688 "maybe two or three decent ones" And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
3)the performance(s) And Justice for all - Page 2 352445 "uninspired and mailed in" And Justice for all - Page 2 447763

when compared to the previous 3 And Justice for all - Page 2 355277 but it is better than anything following it And Justice for all - Page 2 487782

We're obviously in the minority, but that's my opinion as well.

Ride The Lightning

clears throat....

Death Magnetic

Master of Puppets

That's how I like 'em.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:

See, I completely love that song. Absolute brilliance. To me, one of the best songs in Metal history. It's the rest of the album that kills it for me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Not true. For me, it's that drum sound that kills it. I could make a better drum tone tapping against a wall. "One" is actually the only song I like on it.
Okay, were you born when that video came out? I think you're DQ'd from this conversation. Haha.

And I think that drum sound is awesome! You serious?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'd bet my life that if Metallica never created a video for "One" that
this would be hailed as a classic by all those that hail the first
three as classics.

Eyesore wrote:
Okay, were you born when that video came out? I think you're DQ'd from this conversation. Haha.

Actually, I think you just disproved your own point. You're right, I wasn't around when the video came out, so there's no possible way I could have disliked the album solely on that factor.

Last edited by Schbopo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I'd bet my life that if Metallica never created a video for "One" that
this would be hailed as a classic by all those that hail the first
three as classics.

Eyesore wrote:

Actually, I think you just disproved your own point. You're right, I wasn't around when the video came out, so there's no possible whay I could have disliked the album solely on that factor.
Ah, douché. I'm dead.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Busted, Eyesore!

Score one for Schmoopy!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Busted, Eyesore!

Score one for Schmoopy!
Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah, the drum sound on "... And Justice for All" is what makes it so charming. Very technically proficient.

Different strokes for different blokes though.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 pm

INVADERS wrote:
my fav 'tallica album by far.
buy it.
you won't regret it.

ding ding ding!

And Justice for all - Page 2 438278
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Good record, but it is my least favorite of their first four. Those first three are hard to live up to, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:15 am

I love the drum sound as well - No complaints there. The lack of bass is annoying, but only on a stereo, at least on mine - I always have to turb the bass a little down (yes, DOWN) on my stereo, otherwise it makes these wierd background ringing sounds. VERY annoying. When I listen to the songs on my MP3 player it ain't there, but it's just not the same. Doesn't matter, the album is pure metal brilliance.

PS : It's not because my stereo is crap, that thing has the best sound I have ever heard. Anyone else encounter this problem when playing Justice?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:40 am

AJFA contains Metallica's best and most thought out lyrics and the music is good too. The only thing i don't like is the Production.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:27 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
PS : It's not because my stereo is crap, that thing has the best sound I have ever heard. Anyone else encounter this problem when playing Justice?

I've never encountered that problem on any stereo I've played AJFA in. Not sure why you have in yours. It might be an equalizer issue. Do you think?

Troublezone wrote:
AJFA contains Metallica's best and most thought out lyrics and the music is good too. The only thing i don't like is the Production.

Again, for some reason I've always liked the production on AJFA. I guess I like the fact that it was different, gave it a distinctive sound that was head and shoulders above most of the other thrash releases of the time. I know what you are referring to though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:27 pm

exact33 wrote:
Buy it and enjoy it. If you can listen to St. Anger, this one will be, well, music to your ears!

Actually, i never listened to St Anger. I just bought it, and barely heard it And Justice for all - Page 2 352445
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:32 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Why? It's their best album. Buy it!

It's easily their best album. They never topped this masterpiece again!

This album is ESSENTIAL for any self-respecting fan of metal!!!

I am very sorry for this but And Justice for all - Page 2 78889 And Justice for all - Page 2 78889 And Justice for all - Page 2 78889 And Justice for all - Page 2 78889 And Justice for all - Page 2 78889

1)the production And Justice for all - Page 2 810647 "where is the bass" And Justice for all - Page 2 685534
2)the songs And Justice for all - Page 2 436688 "maybe two or three decent ones" And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
3)the performance(s) And Justice for all - Page 2 352445 "uninspired and mailed in" And Justice for all - Page 2 447763

when compared to the previous 3 And Justice for all - Page 2 355277 but it is better than anything following it And Justice for all - Page 2 487782

We're obviously in the minority, but that's my opinion as well.

Ride The Lightning

clears throat....

Death Magnetic

Master of Puppets

Death Magnetic?? I personally don't think it's that good. It's just better then St Anger, or if i put it in other words, the best in the Metallica Inc. era.

Now Ride the lightning and Kill'em all. That's metal And Justice for all - Page 2 11840

That's how I like 'em.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Great songs, but I prefer to listen to the live versions. And Justice for all - Page 2 11840 And Justice for all - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 pm

nevermore wrote:
You should pick it up and enjoy the metallic goodness.

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Love it or hate it, this shouldn't be the one Metallica disc you don't own.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 pm

AJFA is my second fave Metallica CD! 10/10
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:25 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Its a great album and their last good one IMO.It would be my second favorite next to MOP.

I'll SECOND that! And Justice for all - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Tremendous album. I'll be interested in reading your opinion of it when you do get it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Well, i picked it up earlier today. It's quite enjoyable, but not worth the 23 $ And Justice for all - Page 2 308838
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Justice for all   And Justice for all - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And Justice for all
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next