Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why does Slipknot...

Go down 
+11
kmorg
TheGooch
Temple of Blood
caniplaywithmadness?
ultmetal
Wargod
Fat Freddy
ghost
Smindas
mc666
Jedilink
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 2:29 am

but why does what someone else like, bother him so? he needs to get a life of his own.

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 3:03 am

mc666 wrote:
but why does what someone else like, bother him so? he needs to get a life of his own.

True. Maybe developing an iron-clad exterior might help him too.

Years ago when I first discovered metal, part of the magic appeal of it was in fact knowing that it wasn't mainstream, and not that many people (where I lived) were into the same stuff as I was. Nowadays it doesn't bother me anyways what my next door neighbour listens to, or my workmates. People have their reasons for liking what they do.

Slipknot? Yesterdays news unfortunately the way I look at them. If they had a new album out or something then they might be topical in a way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Slipknot is NOT a nu-metal band.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 4:52 pm

They are a Poo-metal band Smile

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Shiney wrote:
Extreme poo? Laughing I actually love their first album, for the most part, but then the following albums only have about an album's worth of songs that I like. Though I did hate Iowa at first, but then it sort of grew on me.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 10:54 am

Shiney wrote:

lmao. i might be really immature but that made me crack up
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 2:02 am

Jedilink I agree with you that slipknob sux. I dont think they are very talented mostly because they've got a negative attitude on guitar solos and they tune guitars down like 5 semitones and the lyrics are primitive and most of the time have no proper meaning. people=smurf poo is a good example. I can understand why everyone went nuts for slipknob back in 2000 since they were a bad ass band by doing gross things like emptying their bowels on stage and setting fire to each other on stage. Their latest stuff is a little better since they've gotten rid of their rapping. But still they suck and their attitude towards music is f***ed up and I never really ever got into the band. Also I can see why it is annoying to have everyone else be ionto the band all my other band members crave Slipknob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 3:57 am

Misspelling band names to be insulting is stupid. The guitarists in Slipknot are very talented. The drummer is outstanding. The singer is outstanding. The other guys are pointless. And Slipknot have never rapped. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 5:51 am

You'd be hard pressed to find singers and drummers as strong as Corey Taylor and Joey Jordisson, respectively.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 7:41 am

Eyesore wrote:
Misspelling band names to be insulting is stupid. The guitarists in Slipknot are very talented. The drummer is outstanding. The singer is outstanding. The other guys are pointless. And Slipknot have never rapped. Ever.
yeah, but they are sad homos Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 1:39 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
yeah, but they are sad homos Laughing very hard
Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 8:17 pm

I say this in whole honest truth...

I HATE SLIPKNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I know I'm 15 years old, so don't look at me like an alien)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 8:31 pm

axewielder wrote:

Maybe when you're 16 years old you'll realize it's pointless to hate something so trivial as Slipknot, especially when your supposed hatred is likely more a result from things secondary to the band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 8:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:

Maybe when you're 16 years old you'll realize it's pointless to hate something so trivial as Slipknot, especially when your supposed hatred is likely more a result from things secondary to the band.

Nope, nothing secondary here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:01 pm

axewielder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:

Nope, nothing secondary here.
Oh, no? Then what is it about them that you hate?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:14 pm

their music maybe? Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:24 pm

mc666 wrote:

The music and lyrics, basically. To me, Corey Taylor writes about the smurf poo that happened in his life, and I heard he tried to kill himself. That I get, but to me, It sounds like he's talking about the same old stuff. It's like he needs therapy or something. In short, he needs help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:56 pm

axewielder wrote:
mc666 wrote:

The music and lyrics, basically. To me, Corey Taylor writes about the smurf poo that happened in his life, and I heard he tried to kill himself. That I get, but to me, It sounds like he's talking about the same old stuff. It's like he needs therapy or something. In short, he needs help.
You know, writing lyrics is therapy to many people. If you don't write what's in your heart, it's very apparent. And someone that can actually acknowledge problems in their life generally don't need help. I recently wrote a story about my father and his alcohol and drug abuse. I've been removed from that situation for over 10 years now, but I still often write about it. Do I need therapy?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Do I need therapy?
abso-freaking-lutely

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 11:57 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Do I need therapy?
abso-freaking-lutely
You know, Therapy? is one of my favorite bands. So I guess you're right. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:22 am

axewielder wrote:

...never listen to Megadeth. Megadave spends half his time talking about himself.

PostSubject: Re: Why does Slipknot...   Why does Slipknot... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why does Slipknot...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2