Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Least favourite album in your collection?

Go down 
+23
EvyMetal
Vordul
MoonChild
metalheaded
Chairman_Smith
jstate
DeathCult
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
James B.
kmorg
Metal Misfit
Wargod
the sentinel
thejokeriv
exact33
Trial by Fire
scottmitchell74
mc666
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Least favourite album in your collection? Empty
PostSubject: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:21 pm

Which one album do you own that you really cant abide?

persoannly i really hate Saxons first debut album its so insipid. their later stuff owns though
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:28 pm

If something sucks I usually trade it off, though I've hung onto a couple of turkeys for the sake of keeping a complete discography of a band... the main one that comes to mind is Judas Priest's DEMOLITION. I can't tell you when the last time was that I listened to it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Slave Zero "The Pain Remmits" would be my most hated/disliked CD, it's pure and utter shite, half arsed hardcore/metal core vocals, it's sickens me knowning it's in the collection.

They are an Irish band who started off life as a very good Thrash/Death band, but then they fired their Vocalist/Guitarist/main songwriter after their debut CD and tried to carry on with dire results in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:31 pm

I own Korn Unplugged. Shoot me now or take ot off my hands
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:43 pm

i have a few white power punk cds that were in a box of cds i purchased at a yard sale. definitely my least favorite.

wait, i forgot about Def Leppard's Hysteria. that would be my least favorite.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:44 pm

mc666 wrote:
i have a few white power punk cds that were in a box of cds i purchased at a yard sale. definitely my least favorite.

i dont have any Def Leppard Cds. not enough rock in them for my liking. giv me Kiss and Dc anyday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:22 pm

I've actually recently gotten my collection cut down to all albums I like. I've been broke going to school, and the only way for me to be able to afford any albums at all has been to trade off others. Here are a few of the duds that I've recently traded:

Ramones - Greatest Hits Live: They're a cool band, no doubt about it. But, this is just a horrible, boring live album. Probably the worst live album I've ever heard.

Deep Purple - s/t; Book Of... : I was never much into these early DP albums. However, I traded them not because of the music but because of the horrible mastering and odd artwork on these particular versions I had. It took a lot of searching on Google images to find the covers from the versions I had. They must have been some obscure import version.

Vince Neil - Live at the Whisky: I wanted this one for ages, and finally found it one day in May 2007 at a used cd store in Winnipeg. Well, this album sucks. The band's performance is boring and Neil sounds worse than ever.

Bad Company - Here Comes Trouble; Dangerous Age: I HATE, HATE, HATE Brian Howe's vocals. I can't stand the sound Bad Co. went for during his years.

Grateful Dead - Live At The Cow Palace (3 cd + bonus promo only disc): this one cost me a fair but, but I really wanted to get Time Does Not Heal. It wasn't hard parting with this though. It's cool stuff, but boring. I can see why it would've been cool to the acid heads on those days. Just too boring for me.

The Law - s/t; Damn Yankees - s/t: AAKK, this albums sucks. I hate most 80s/90s melodic rock. I'm sorry to fans of it, but it just sounds so cheesy to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:24 pm

mc666 wrote:

Good call. I like Hysteria, but I absolutely have to be in the mood to listen to it. The last time I remember listening to it was Christmas holidays 2006. I don't know how I remember that, but I do. I own only three Leppard cds as it is. I love High'n'Dry, but even that I listen to only ever so often. I'm not sure why that is.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:34 pm

None - they don't survive the culling.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:38 pm

i cant really get rid of mine that i dont like for a decent proce anywhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:39 pm

I have an Elvis CD. I'm ashamed to admit it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I have an Elvis CD. I'm ashamed to admit it.

i have two
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:13 pm

The least favorite album of mine that I own is easily Damageplan - New Found Power. That's just an awful, awful album. It's so boring and monotonous and seems to have no real thought put into it. It's a shame that this absolute stinker was Dimebag's last 'effort'.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:14 pm

I have the first release from Petra. They evolved into a great arena rock band but this one is just downright awful. I only keep it since I have their complete catalog...

Alex

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:44 pm

exact33 wrote:
I have the first release from Petra. They evolved into a great arena rock band but this one is just downright awful. I only keep it since I have their complete catalog...

Alex

Those are pretty bad
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:47 pm

Alex McGraw what's come over you, I'm beginning to think you're touched!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:29 pm

The first 2 Oleander albums, the first 3 Three Doors Down, and all Creed. It's impossible to tell the last time any of them got a spin. Peace.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:45 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Alex McGraw what's come over you, I'm beginning to think you're touched!!

lol!

This was supposed to be a judgement free zone!!! I am not sure i ever have listened to the whole thing but i have only for collector purposes!!!!

Alex

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:14 pm

I probably have lots but I usually never trade them off, I did that one time with around 2000 albums.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:41 pm

What immediately came to mind was Limp Bizkit's Significant Other. Oh, how naive and open minded I once was... Razz
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:26 am

Guardian - Bottle Rocket.. Now we'll get to hear ult sing the chorus.....

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:45 am

Trial by Fire wrote:
The least favorite album of mine that I own is easily Damageplan - New Found Power. That's just an awful, awful album. It's so boring and monotonous and seems to have no real thought put into it.
good call, that album is horrible. the vocals were the worst part.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:40 am

Brothers Of The Road-Allman Brothers Band

like others have stated, it is in the vinyl collection to complete a discography by a group. This album has NO good songs on it at all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:50 am

Creed - Greatest Hits ...thanks Grandma, yes I really like that sort of music, no I'll listen to it all the time I promise.

It still sits on its own waiting for a trip to the 2nd hand shop.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:53 am

Guardian - Bottle Rocket. BLECH!!! Not sure what the band was thinking here. Honestly, the only reason I even keep it is because if I don't list it on my page I will get the inevitable 10 emails a week letting me know that I am missing this CD in my collection.

KORN - Life is Peachy. It was a free CD. I listened to it several times wondering what all the hype was about. I still don't get it.

Holy Soldier - Promise Man one of my favorite bands in the early 1990's. This CD was such a disappointment to me, especially when coupled with the band's comments in interviews in the mid-90's disrespecting their past work and metal in general.

Messiah Prophet - Rock the Flock. I loved Master of the Metal in the 80's, but never heard RtF. I picked it up on CD when it was re-released some years ago and man, it's just far beyond cheese. However, even it's not as bad as "Colors"

Molly Hatchet - The Deed is Done Great band. One of my life long favorites. Love their stuff before and after this album, but The Deed is Done is just plain BAD. The record company forced the band to use outside songwriters. They wanted them to move away from Southern rock and go more pop rock like .38 Special. Bad move. Bad album. Cool cover artwork though.

PostSubject: Re: Least favourite album in your collection?   Least favourite album in your collection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least favourite album in your collection?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next