Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+42
the sentinel
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
SideShowDisaSter
Mglaffas81
Wargod
Lewis
exact33
James B.
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Metal Misfit
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
TheGooch
Thrasher73
MetalH
Addy
sheets
Fat Freddy
Stender
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
holydiver97595
nevermore
thejokeriv
snooloui
FlyingV
Required Fields
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Shiney
Leatherface
tohostudios
Sutekh
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Last seen movies - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:53 am

Ingloriuos Basterds - great movie!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 am

exact33 wrote:
His Girl Friday starring Cary Grant

One of my favorite films of all time.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 am

thejokeriv wrote:
i'm not sure bout this.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Definitely. Loved every single part of it. The ending was almost biblical, divine vengeance or something like that. Pretty damn awesome.

I'm gonna see Book of Eli in an hour. Should be good.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:57 pm

The Hangover - absolutely loved it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:

Awesome movie! One of the best I've seen in some time, despite some of the bad reviews. The ending was quite awesome and spiritually uplifting, at least to me anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:36 pm

manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:
His Girl Friday starring Cary Grant

One of my favorite films of all time.

Mine too!

Some of the best high speed dialogue ever put to celluloid.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:44 am

Singles
and
Powder

both two of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:33 am

Lord of the Rings. The extended versions. It took us about a week to watch it all the way through Smile
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Took my girlfriend to see Alice In Wonderland.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I liked the movie as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 am

The Zodiac.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:18 am

Leatherface wrote:
The Zodiac.

Good one.

Nevermore, how was Alice in Wonderland? I've been thinking about taking my son to see it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 am

"The Punisher" (1989, Dolph Lundgren version)

Last seen movies - Page 13 Punisher-dolph-lundgren

When I first saw this back in the VHS days, I was still on active duty as a full-on Comic Book Geek, and the Punisher was one of my favorite books at the time. Back then I frickin HATED this movie. The film has little to no resemblance to the comic book (The Punisher does not even wear his iconic Skull Emblem on his chest for cryin' out loud!!!!) and was basically a "Punisher' movie in name only. I'm fairly sure the only reason this got made was because when New Line Pictures got the "Punisher" license they didn't even bother to read any of the comics, they simply slapped his name on a generic action-movie script they had stashed away in a drawer someplace.

So anyway, 20+ years later, I'm now a retired comic book geek, and I find this DVD in the bargain bin at the supermarket real cheap so I give it another shot. I figure, enough time has passed since I've read a Punisher comic that I should be far enough removed from the "source material" to enjoy the film on its own merits. And y'know what? I like this "Punisher" better now than I did back in the day.

In and of itself, "The Punisher" is actually a pretty decent B-Grade action movie. There are crazy gun battles every two minutes, martial arts battles against ninjas, some decent gore, shell casings everywhere, wall to wall violence, and occasionally ol' Dolph actually displays a few acting chops!

It still bugs me that they made "Frank Castle" into an ex-cop in this version (he's an ex-Marine in the comic), that his hideout is in the sewers (he's not a dang Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!), and the complete and total lack of The Skull is unforgivable, but as a straight up action movie it was better than I remembered. Still a "Punisher" movie in name only, but if you can put fanboy-ism aside it's an OK flick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:03 am

Last seen movies - Page 13 517l-m4UZsL._SL500_AA300_

I've now watched this 3 times and I still hate it. I hadn't seen it in several years so I thought I'd revisit it. Still don't like it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
Last seen movies - Page 13 517l-m4UZsL._SL500_AA300_

I've now watched this 3 times and I still hate it. I hadn't seen it in several years so I thought I'd revisit it. Still don't like it.

I still haven't seen this and likely never will. Not only have the bulk of the reviews I read been horrible, but that Eli Roth guy is an annoying douche and I don't want him getting any of my money. Laughing

By the way, I hear there's a newly released "Cabin Fever 2" that's even worse.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 am

Freddy, that Punisher movie is one of my favorite so-bad-it's-good movies. When I used to have movie nights with the guys, my buddy would bring his vhs copy over and we'd do our own retarded version of Mystery Science Theater.

Haven't seen that one in many years.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Freddy, that Punisher movie is one of my favorite so-bad-it's-good movies. When I used to have movie nights with the guys, my buddy would bring his vhs copy over and we'd do our own retarded version of Mystery Science Theater.

Haven't seen that one in many years.

Haha, cool. I found it in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart a few months back so if you want a copy, it obviously can be yours relatively cheap...

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:40 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Awesome movie! One of the best I've seen in some time, despite some of the bad reviews. The ending was quite awesome and spiritually uplifting, at least to me anyway.
I dunno about it being spiritually uplifting, but I really liked it. Great flick, and Mila Kunis showed that she's not just a pretty face (a really pretty face I might add), but can act as well.

Saw I love you, Philip Morris yesterday at the sneak preview. Parts of it were funny, other parts (ie. all the drama stuff) were just plain boring. The ending was hilarious though. I could've done without all the man love though. Yuck.

Shutter Island's playing tonight. Everyone's been raving about it, and I have no idea what to expect. Should be good though.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm

btw. i'm so happy that Sandra won the Oscar. She deserved it.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Lewis
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:25 pm

The Sting, I haven't been in a movie watching mood recently but I realised I'd never seen this classic despite my fondness for a good con story so I grabbed a copy and have to say I really enjoyed it. Newman and Redford had class and chemistry, but it was Robert Shaw's performance as the mark Lonnegan that really sold it for me.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Last seen movies - Page 13 Never_Surrender_poster

Pretty bad. It has some UFC fighters on the cover, but don't get your hopes up; they are only in the movie for cameos. For example, I like Georges St. Pierre, but he was dubbed for no reason, and the reason for shoehorning him into the movie is stupid. He appears in two scenes which are extremely brief, and his character is completely detached from the story. Actually, all of the fighters in the movie except for maybe Heath Herring are detached. It's as if the director of the movie approached them, offered them a part, but didn't have a part for them to play. It's blatantly obvious the MMA fighters on the cover are there to lead MMA fans to believe the fighters have prominent parts in the film. This couldn't be further from the truth.

I like martial arts movies and I like UFC, but I cannot recommend this movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:52 pm

The Marx Brothers: Horse Feathers
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:01 am

Saw this one twice just recently. Once at the theater a few months back - and then tonight. It was just released on DVD yesterday.

My son and I laugh are asses off throughout this one.

Last seen movies - Page 13 11308
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:17 am

"Blood Tide" - Yep, another dollar store DVD. This was a cheap ass B-movie from the early 80s in which treasure hunters on a Greek island accidentally unleash an ancient, virgin-chomping sea monster from an underwater cave where it'd been sealed up since the Middle Ages. The story was nonsense, there was hardly any gore or action, and you only see the "monster" for about three seconds total. The movie was only 80 minutes long but it felt like twice that.

The only redeeming value this movie had was that the female cast members were all hot and since the film takes place in the sunny Mediterranean, none of them were wearing a whole hell of a lot. If you make the mistake of watching this movie, just fast forward to the scene where the gorgeous Lydia ("Too Close For Comfort") Cornell practices aerobics on the beach, which has lots of loving close-up shots. Meow-za!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next