Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+42
the sentinel
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
SideShowDisaSter
Mglaffas81
Wargod
Lewis
exact33
James B.
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Metal Misfit
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
TheGooch
Thrasher73
MetalH
Addy
sheets
Fat Freddy
Stender
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
holydiver97595
nevermore
thejokeriv
snooloui
FlyingV
Required Fields
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Shiney
Leatherface
tohostudios
Sutekh
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Last seen movies - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:49 pm

I haven't seen "Event Horizon" in awhile but I dug that one. Cool, creepy stuff.

My latest: it may be March according to the calendar, but it's still Schlock-Tober at Fat Freddy's house. Picked up something called "Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women" (phew, that's a mouthful huh?) at the dollar store last night. It's a 1968 Roger Corman cheapie that tells the story, told in flashback, of an ill-fated voyage to explore Venus, where the astronauts are victimized by flash floods, volcanic eruptions, and man-eating plants. All of these events are seemingly controlled by a group of blonde, scantily-clad Venusian Space Babes, who sit on top of a mountain causing all these misfortunes to the "invaders" via telepathy. It was hilariously bad.

The story behind the movie is actually more interesting than the movie itself. According to IMDB, all of the footage of the astronauts and their space voyage comes from a 1962 Russian made sci-fi flick called "Planet of Storms." Roger Corman bought the movie, re-dubbed it with new dialogue, inserted some new scenes involving the Space Babes, then released it as an entirely "new" film. It's actually kind of clever how he managed to "merge" the two movies. Since the astronaut footage is from a totally different movie, they are obviously never on screen at the same time as the Space Babes, who appear in less than a quarter of the run time even though they get top billing.

Extra funny is that this movie is an early film "directed" by Peter Bogdanovich, who would go on to do high-brow stuff like "Paper Moon," "The Last Picture Show," and "Mask" in the 70s and 80s. I guess everybody's gotta start somewhere.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:03 pm

I finally saw "Let The Right One In" and dug it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Star Trek

It was good...I don't know, I haven't made up my mind. Need to watch it again.

I either really like it, or not at all. Mad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Shiney wrote:
I finally saw "Let The Right One In" and dug it.

This one sounded intriguing to me at first but after the Twilight series I dismissed it as yet another "kid vampire" movie.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:12 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Star Trek

It was good...I don't know, I haven't made up my mind. Need to watch it again.

I either really like it, or not at all. Mad

I really liked that one. I liked how the personas of the characters known from the original series stayed true to the original characterizations. Except for Uhura. I don't recall her ever having the hots for Spock.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Quote :
This one sounded intriguing to me at first but after the Twilight series I dismissed it as yet another "kid vampire" movie.

Don't dismiss it. It's not even remotely like those Twilight ones. It's not underwear models being all miserable. I'm not saying it's earth-shattering, but it's better than Twilight, for sure. It's a little kid, not a teenager.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Seriously toho....Its more akin to something like DEVIL'S BACKBONE or PAN'S LABYRINTH in vibe that that shite....

Good stuff...and very subtle in a lot of its "shocks"...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:23 pm

What did you think of Tokyo Gore Police Shiney?

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:32 pm

I actually havent gotten to watch it yet....It looks super inappropriate to play with the kids around...so itll have to wait until my next day off...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Shiney wrote:
I actually havent gotten to watch it yet....It looks super inappropriate to play with the kids around...so itll have to wait until my next day off...

It's not "super inappropriate" with kids around, it's "mega super inappropriate" with kids around. I've now watched it about 5 times and its extremes still amaze me.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Toho,

Is it sexual? I'll watch the gore and love it, but I don't want any nudity if I can help it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Toho,

Is it sexual? I'll watch the gore and love it, but I don't want any nudity if I can help it.

Very little nudity.

Unless you count a female who's been made into a chair that pees on the audience.

There's also a chick who's nipples are deadly weapons. Nothing I'd call sexual though; this is all strictly for the gross out factor.

There is some nudity in the film but it's not like that's the main reason this movie is infamous; it's the gore man!

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 pm

All I can say is WOW!!! I cant wait!

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Quote :
Unless you count a female who's been made into a chair that pees on the audience.

There's also a chick who's nipples are deadly weapons. Nothing I'd call sexual though; this is all strictly for the gross out factor.

Weird I'm okay with. I'm just tired of gratuitous nudity that has absolutely no plot value.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Last seen movies - Page 11 Heroes-versus-villains-survivor-20th1
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 am

The Box
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:08 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
The Box

I've heard that one's pretty bad.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:35 am

"Turbulence 3: Heavy Metal"

...my latest bargain bin pickup was a strictly average airplane-disaster movie with a rock n roll twist. A so-called "Death Rock" star named Slade Craven (whose looks and music are quite obviously inspired by Marilyn Manson) is performing his "final concert" in mid-air on a special airplane flight (in front of a group of fan club contest winners) which is also being broadcast live over the internet. Once it's in the air, the plane is hijacked by a group of Satanic cultists who view Craven as a "false prophet" and plan to crash the flight into a Church, the rationale being that their sacrifice will finally unleash their Dark Lord.... I swear to God, I'm not making this plot up. But wait, it gets better. Our Marilyn Manson looking hero eventually has to save the day all by himself, by fighting off the hijackers AND landing the plane with the help of some FBI agents and a computer hacker on the ground. For a while this movie turns into a remake of "Die Hard 2" with the Manson wanna-be in the John McClane role. You haven't lived till you've seen this guy strapped into the pilot's seat of a 747 with his white ghost face paint and leather and S&M stage gear on, struggling with the plane's control stick and screaming typical "Airplane Disaster Movie" type dialogue as "I can't get it to level out!" into the radio. Last seen movies - Page 11 201269

Needless to say, the movie is hilariously silly and not "metal" in the slightest. I actually felt pity for the usually dependable B-Movie stalwarts Rutger Hauer and Joe Mantegna, who both make appearances here and who are obviously just there to pick up a paycheck.

Despite its so called "Heavy Metal" leanings, I doubt even VH1 Classic would air this movie. "Turbulence 3" is not a "Movie That Rocks."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
The Box

I've heard that one's pretty bad.

not bad at all. worth to watching.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Nice write-up Fredrico. Can't decide if it sounds enticing or off-putting. Maybe, both?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Turbulence 3: Heavy Metal"

...my latest bargain bin pickup was a strictly average airplane-disaster movie with a rock n roll twist. A so-called "Death Rock" star named Slade Craven (whose looks and music are quite obviously inspired by Marilyn Manson) is performing his "final concert" in mid-air on a special airplane flight (in front of a group of fan club contest winners) which is also being broadcast live over the internet. Once it's in the air, the plane is hijacked by a group of Satanic cultists who view Craven as a "false prophet" and plan to crash the flight into a Church, the rationale being that their sacrifice will finally unleash their Dark Lord.... I swear to God, I'm not making this plot up. But wait, it gets better. Our Marilyn Manson looking hero eventually has to save the day all by himself, by fighting off the hijackers AND landing the plane with the help of some FBI agents and a computer hacker on the ground. For a while this movie turns into a remake of "Die Hard 2" with the Manson wanna-be in the John McClane role. You haven't lived till you've seen this guy strapped into the pilot's seat of a 747 with his white ghost face paint and leather and S&M stage gear on, struggling with the plane's control stick and screaming typical "Airplane Disaster Movie" type dialogue as "I can't get it to level out!" into the radio. Last seen movies - Page 11 201269

Needless to say, the movie is hilariously silly and not "metal" in the slightest. I actually felt pity for the usually dependable B-Movie stalwarts Rutger Hauer and Joe Mantegna, who both make appearances here and who are obviously just there to pick up a paycheck.

Despite its so called "Heavy Metal" leanings, I doubt even VH1 Classic would air this movie. "Turbulence 3" is not a "Movie That Rocks."
Executive Decision on metal steroids!!!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Scottmitchell74 wrote:
Nice write-up Fredrico. Can't decide if it sounds enticing or off-putting. Maybe, both?

I'd say if you can find it in a bargain bin for under five bucks (like I did), take the ride. The amount of unintentional comedy during the so-called "Metal" parts will be worth the purchase price all by itself.

T-Roy wrote:
Executive Decision on metal steroids!!!! Last seen movies - Page 11 201269

Haha, Steven Seagal and Kurt Russell would've kicked all them candy-ass Marilyn Manson wanna-bee's outta the plane before the pilots even reached crusing altitude!!

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Just saw Avatar. Pretty good.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:57 pm

nevermore wrote:
I wanna see it!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:38 pm

T-Roy wrote:
nevermore wrote:
I wanna see it!

It's my all time favorite movie. Go see it!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next