Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Red Angel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:48 pm

This morning on the way into work, I heard a song on sattellite radio by the band Blood Red Angel. I didn't get the title of the song, but it sounded like pretty decent Slayer-ish type thrash to me. I looked these guys up and apparently they're German and have at least 1 album (The Language of Hate) out now with another in the works.

Language of Hate is available used on Amazon for .98 cents, which is a red flag to me that it's a stinker. I wish I knew the name of the song I heard so I could tell if it's new or from the older album.

Anyone know of these guys? Any good?

http://www.myspace.com/bra666

EDIT: My bad. Looks like they have 4 albums out. Language of Hate was their debut.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:58 pm

I have Language of Hate. It's not bad. Has an underlying 90s groove to it, but it's more rooted in 80s thrash/thrash-death.

I'll be trading/selling this one. Got any commons to trade?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

I have of thier albums. They used to be label mates with Ultimatum. Slayer-ish thrash metal they are. Both albums are good.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:06 pm

I listened to the audio clips that Amazon has for Language of Hate. I'm not sure the song I heard on the radio is from that album or not. Hard to tell though cause the clips are so short.

Kmorg, no reviews on your site for them?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I listened to the audio clips that Amazon has for Language of Hate. I'm not sure the song I heard on the radio is from that album or not. Hard to tell though cause the clips are so short.

I sold Language of Hate, or traded it off, ages ago, and I removed it from my site then. I've later bought it back, and a second album from them. But so far I have not added them back to the site. I think Scott has the album on his site?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Yup, I just checked Ult's site and he has one album listed.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I sold Language of Hate, or traded it off, ages ago, and I removed it from my site then. I've later bought it back, and a second album from them. But so far I have not added them back to the site. I think Scott has the album on his site?
You remove albums you trade? You should leave them, but make a note that you no longer own it or something.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm pretty sure they've got 4 albums out. I've only heard the debut, The Language Of Hate, and part of the 2nd album The State Of Insanity. As Eyesore said, there are some occasional groove influences, but for the most part they play oldschool Euro-thrash.

The reason Language Of Hate is so cheap on Amazon is because it was released on Pavement. Pavement pressings are 2nd-3rd generation and therefore aren't highly sough after (for the most part).

If you like thrash, grab it. For $1, it's money well spent. Sure, they aren't genre leaders, but it's enjoyable for an occasional listen.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I'll take it off your hands. I've got an oddball here I don't listen to, and since you have broad tastes, you might enjoy it (if you don't already have it).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:27 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'll take it off your hands. I've got an oddball here I don't listen to, and since you have broad tastes, you might enjoy it (if you don't already have it).
Whaddayagot?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Whaddayagot?

Sent ya a PM

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You remove albums you trade? You should leave them, but make a note that you no longer own it or something.

Never thought about that. My site is about my collection, so if it's not in the vault, it is not on my site.... Maybe I should think about adopting your idea though....

Blood Red Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Red Angel   Blood Red Angel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Red Angel
Page 1 of 1