Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fifth Angel

Go down 
+10
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
James B.
nevermore
metalken
Dark Horseman
kmorg
Witchfinder
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:05 am

Any fans of this melodic heavy metal band?

I was lucky enough to find their self titled debut album, and it's very solid headbanger

Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

Fanatic here. Awesome debut, but I much prefer "Time Will Tell". I always felt that the guitars on s\t sounded slightly hesitatingly. With improved recording quality on the 2nd one they have created a masterpiece. Melodic assault.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:05 am

I'm a fan and have both of their albums. I like the S/T the best. Time Will Tell is too slick for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 am

Very underrated band!

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Also, I need to track down the S/T original release on Shrapnel Records as it has a different mix and is supposed to be a bit heavier. Anybody ever heard that?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm with WF, the debut seemed a little less slick.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Fantastic band. I too am partial to the first release, but that could be due to the sentimental value that I had with it. I had the original cassette from the Shrapnel label. But someone stole at some time Sad . I did end up picking up the both Epic releases on cassette, but for whatever reason have never upgraded to cds.

In relation, have any of you followed James Byrd's solo stuff. The Atlantis Rising disc from 1990 is like a long lost Fifth Angel record (without Ted Pilot). A bit odd as I find it more commercial than Time Will Tell, which I have heard was the reason James Byrd left the band after the s/t. But that seemed to be the direction that bands on were going for at that time.. Just last year Lion Music brought out a comp of a previous unreleased tracks called Beyond The Pillars.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:25 pm

I think both albums are great.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Also, I need to track down the S/T original release on Shrapnel Records as it has a different mix and is supposed to be a bit heavier. Anybody ever heard that?

my copy is the Shrapnel release, I have nothing to compare it to being that I've never heard the Epic version.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:19 pm

James B. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

my copy is the Shrapnel release, I have nothing to compare it to being that I've never heard the Epic version.

Well thanks for nothing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:27 pm

I have their debut which I like well enough.

I only picked it up about a year ago so I don't have any particular nostalgic feelings for it. Perhaps if I had it back in the day, I'd appreciate it a little more than I do now. Still good though.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 pm

I really enjoy the debut, although I don't own it. I've only heard the clips on YouTube, and what I've heard of the second album is pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:45 pm

I have the Collectibles Records reissue of the S/T. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 am

nevermore wrote:
I think both albums are great.

me too. Both are very good listens.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 am

I can never keep the names between Fifth Angel and Seventh Angel straight. I'm forever confusing which is which on the name alone. In fact I'm pretty sure right now on my ipod they're switched. Don't know what I'll do if a Sixth Angel comes on the scene.

Realizing it is Fifth and not Seventh Angel, I'll also not be able to get the song "Cathedral" out of my head all day.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 am

Awesome band! Got both of there as they were released way back when. Absolutely agree that they are underrated and overlooked. Very solid straight up metal. I like each cd for different reasons. Have always been curious what cd #3 would have sounded like...........
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:23 am

I ordered the second album on amazon.co.uk.

Can't wait to get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fifth Angel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel   Fifth Angel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fifth Angel
Page 1 of 1