Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New RATT

Go down 
+22
mr.electric39
Olafsto
MetalFRO
JBall_Z
Getizzyback
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Gilbert
James B.
Troublezone
Metallic Blaze
krokus
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
nevermore
7thSaviour
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:14 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Gave INFESTATION its first full spin this AM... and I must say I am pleasantly surprised at how good it is. Especially considering that when it was first announced some time ago, I had ZERO expectations for it...

That's AWESOME dude!!!

New RATT - Page 4 604261

I'm really looking forward to it. Sometimes when we don't have any expectations - we're amply blown away. I love it when that happens.

Yea, well, I haven't been much of a Ratt listener since high school, which is why I'm so pleasantly surprised. I was way into their first couple of records but around the time of, say, DANCING UNDERCOVER and especially REACH FOR THE SKY they were really starting to phone it in so I hadn't listened to'em since then.

The rave reviews for the new stuff certainly piqued my curiosity though, and after hearing some of the tunes on the player thingy posted earlier in this thread, I was like "Damn. Looks like I'm actually going to buy a RATT album for the first time in 20+ years."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:05 am

Oh I see. I always really loved "Reach for the Sky" and "Dancing Undercover". Heck, I like all the Ratt albums and thought they actually were great right until the time they hung it up.

RIP Robin Crosby New RATT - Page 4 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:15 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Oh I see. I always really loved "Reach for the Sky" and "Dancing Undercover". Heck, I like all the Ratt albums and thought they actually were great right until the time they hung it up.

RIP Robin Crosby New RATT - Page 4 Icon_cry

Hearing those new songs last week put me in a Ratt mood so I listened to REACH FOR THE SKY for the first time in dog years. It ain't bad but I preferred the EP, OUT OF THE CELLAR and INVASION OF YOUR PRIVACY by a long shot. REACH...has a couple of good songs but a lotta filler.

DETONATOR, I haven't heard that one in Lord knows how long. I couldn't even name a song off of it if you put a gun to my head. Obviously it never made much of an impression on me. Haha. I know I still have it on cassette but I've never upgraded it to CD. Even back in the "cassette era" I don't think I played it much.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:19 am

I'm with ya there. "Detonator" would be my least fave. I've never upgraded that to CD either. I need to though (for the collection's sake).

My favorite Ratt will probably always be:

1. Out of the Cellar
2. Invasion of Your Privacy

So I actually agree with you to a large degree.

I just think I'm probably more of a fanboy than you.

New RATT - Page 4 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I'm with ya there. "Detonator" would be my least fave. I've never upgraded that to CD either. I need to though (for the collection's sake).

My favorite Ratt will probably always be:

1. Out of the Cellar
2. Invasion of Your Privacy

So I actually agree with you to a large degree.

I just think I'm probably more of a fanboy than you.

New RATT - Page 4 Icon_lol

Wow - I thought Detonator was much better than reach for the sky
Back to top Go down

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Quote :

+1
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:47 pm

The music sounds great (especially the guitars)... but for some reason i'm not liking Pearcy's voice anymore.

I'll probably still get it though...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 pm

First week U.S. sales: 14,000 copies sold. #30 on Billboard.

thejokeriv wrote:

+ 2
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:07 pm

"Detonator" isn't bad. It's just my least favorite is all. Still a good album. I need to get a copy on CD.

I always loved "Reach for the Sky" though. Lots of memories, so I guess I could claim 'nostalgia' has blinded me.

New RATT - Page 4 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:13 pm

I am going to see RATT on Friday night headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

New RATT - Page 4 438278

Lucky! I wish they were opening for the Scorps show I'm going to in July. Sad
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

NICE!!! I've always wanted to see Ratt live.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

NICE!!! I've always wanted to see Ratt live.

Just found out they are coming too!!! Hope it;s a good show!
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Wow, has anyone heard track 12 "Scatter" from the special edition cd yet?

Great song, I got it from amazon for 99 cents and was well worth it.

There is also 3 live tracks taped from rockline:

You Think You're Tough. Tell the World, and Way Cool Jr
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Off to see RATT in a bit!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:53 pm

New RATT - Page 4 604261
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:24 am

Gotta admit, this album is much better than I expected. Pretty damn awesome, in fact. I can't stop playing it!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:14 am

GREAT show - mostly a "greatest hits" set - opened with "You're In Love" then into "Lay It Down" They played "Eat Me Alive" and "Best Of Me" from the new one and even played they awesome song from "Point Break", "Nobody Rides For Free". Carlos seems to fit into the band well! Here's the two best pics:

New RATT - Page 4 Dscn0910

New RATT - Page 4 Dscn0911
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:41 am

Thats AWESOME joker!!!

New RATT - Page 4 11840 New RATT - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Great stuff, bro!!! It looks like you saw/ heard a great show! Btw, I have now spun the new album nearly a dozen times since getting it last week and I freakin' love it!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks - it was a great show!!!!! Had a blast!!!!

New RATT - Page 4 Dscn0912
Back to top Go down

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:54 pm

4 songs in now...very good so far!

I'll try and catch them on this tour...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:22 pm

I like that Stephen wears an Arcade patch. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Don't expect to see/hear anything new from Ratt for a while... (from Blabbermouth)

RATT Singer Says Band 'Will Not Be Active In 2011, Maybe Longer' - Mar. 3, 2011

RATT singer Stephen Pearcy says that the band will remain inactive for the remainder of 2011 while he pursues other projects, including the release of a new solo album. Writing on his Twitter profile, Pearcy says, "RATT with me involved will not be active [in] 2011, maybe longer. No new record, tour, or life with me until things are back on track! Until then, M.I.A.

"RATT is in a trap, this rat is ready to roll! This should be the victory lap, but not for some. For me, strictly business!"

RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer last week posted a message on his Facebook page in which he stated about the group's future plans, "As of this moment, some members of the band have chosen to decide that they will choose whether or not we, RATT, tour. What I'm personally trying to do 24/7 is get the decision made so we can start to schedule tour dates, perhaps make another new album, and get back out on the road keeping RATT alive. RATT, for me, always comes first. Even with my entrepreneurial aspirations, it's RATT, baby!"

Translated: "Me and Bobby Blotzer still don't like each other very much and the new album didn't sell as much as we'd thought it would"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Sounds like we can expect BLOTZ'S RATT (featuring Jizzy Pearl) to play some club dates and state fairs this summer and many, many Tweets from Stephen saying "Don't be fooled. It's not the REAL Ratt without ME".

Oh the drama.

New RATT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New RATT
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next