Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RATT re-mastered albums

Go down 
+9
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Infinite
the sentinel
brokentulsa
muckie
metalinmyveins
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

RATT re-mastered albums Empty
PostSubject: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Has anyone on here purchased the Rock Candy re-mastered albums "Out of the Cellar" or "Dancing Undercover"? I've heard that Rock Candy does a pretty nice job regarding the quality of their series? Any truth to that? I'm also looking to purchase Fastway S/t, John Waite's "Ignition", Riot "Narita", Winger S/t, Dokken "Tooth & Nail"
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 3:44 pm

I didn't even know this existed! I'd also like to know if they're any good. I'm surprised no one has re-released or remastered the original 1983 Ratt EP. At least, not to my knowledge!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 3:50 pm

muckie wrote:
I didn't even know this existed! I'd also like to know if they're any good. I'm surprised no one has re-released or remastered the original 1983 Ratt EP. At least, not to my knowledge!

That's the one I want !
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Quote :
the original 1983 Ratt EP

I have this on vinyl and cd...

What I am looking for is Dokkens Back In The Streets
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Quote :
Has anyone on here purchased the Rock Candy re-mastered albums "Out of the Cellar" or "Dancing Undercover"? I've heard that Rock Candy does a pretty nice job regarding the quality of their series? Any truth to that? I'm also looking to purchase Fastway S/t, John Waite's "Ignition", Riot "Narita", Winger S/t, Dokken "Tooth & Nail"

I have not heard the Ratt Rock candy albums but I want the Dancing Undercover... The Rock Candy remasters I do have are all really Good..I have
Dokken's Breaking The Chains
Dokken Tooth and Nail
Eddie Money's S/T Debut
Autograph Loud and Clear
Michael Bolton Everybody's Crazy
Riot Narita
Autograph Thats the Stuff
Helix No Rest For The Wicked
Quiet Riot QR
I want
Krokus...Hardware
Bulletboys...S/T Debut
White Lion..Fight To Survive
Rage..Nice N Dirty
Rage..Run For The Night
White Sister..S/T
Coney Hatch..Outa Hand
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 8:39 pm

I only have one Rock Candy remaster and it's Riot's Narita. I don't have the original to compare it too, but I have never heard bad things about the work they do. My only gripe is that there are almost no bonus tracks whatsoever on the albums they are re doing. Like all of you I have the originals of almost all the hard rock titles they offer so there would have to be bonuses to get me to rebuy those albums. I see their back page ad in Classic Rock magazine every month and I think it's awesome they are doing this; but I am only going to purchase the titles I don't have already (Vandenberg, Helix).
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 1:40 pm

The Circus of Powers they did are nice. Sound good and both have several bonus tracks. Fastway, also. The Hanoi Rocks they just did has a ton of bonus stuff.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 2:34 pm

I almost forgot about Hanoi Rocks. Good band. I take it "Two Steps from the Move" is one of them?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 10:36 am

muckie wrote:
I almost forgot about Hanoi Rocks. Good band. I take it "Two Steps from the Move" is one of them?

Yea. It was discussed here if you're interested...
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t22395-hanoi-rocks-two-steps-from-the-move-re-issue?highlight=hanoi+rocks

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:01 am

I have the '83 Ratt EP on CD on the Atlantic label. To the best of my knowledge nobody (except bootleggers) have ever reissued it, which is a shame cuz it's a great EP and CD copies go for stoooopid $$ nowadays.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have the '83 Ratt EP on CD on the Atlantic label. To the best of my knowledge nobody (except bootleggers) have ever reissued it, which is a shame cuz it's a great EP and CD copies go for stoooopid $$ nowadays.

The last one I just watched a couple of weeks ago on ebay went for $32 and change, which was on the lower end of the spectrum. I've seen copies go for much higher. Not that $32 for an ep is anything to sneeze at.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:27 am

^^ $32 is pretty reasonable, yeah.

I lucked into my copy seven or eight years ago when a co-worker was ditching a bunch of her no-good ex boyfriend's CDs that he'd left behind at her place, she gave it to me (with a whole heap of other discs) for nothin'. I had no idea that it was a collectible at that time. Out of curiosity I looked it up on eBay when I got home that night and I think the lowest price I saw for it was $75, I damn near choked! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:58 pm

I got the 5cds package. Packaging is cheap since there is no booklet, but the sound is good. More than what I need by this band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:25 pm

I have the EP on vinyl; it's a zippy listen and probably my favorite Ratt record out of them all. The CD is just one of those things I hope to see at Goodwill some day. Someone's gotta slip up sometime, right?

As for the remasters, my original copies sound just fine so no thanks. However, I would love a collection of live cuts throughout the years.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:11 am

I had received $50.00 in Amazon gift cards recently, so I decided to use those on some C.D's that I might not have bought, due to the fact that I already had them. Two of the three were the Rock Candy remasters, "Out of the Cellar" and "Dancing Undercover". These were the first two purchases I have made from Rock Candy, and they were worth every free penny from those gift cards. I had "Out of the Cellar", but I sort of wanted an upgrade from the original. By the way, why is it that Atlantic had some of the WORST studio recordings involving metal/hard rock bands during the 80's? In no way am I an audiophile, but these Rock Candy C.D's sound really good to me. I'm not sure if it's because the original recordings were so bad or Rock Candy has found that happy medium as it pertains to remastering? The booklets are wonderful, with some great thoughts from Malcolm Dome. I particularly enjoy the old photos from "Out of the Cellar". The decision to get "Dancing Undercover" was for all intents and purposes a purchase that I knew would close a chapter in my RATT interest. For years, I didn't think much of that album and much of that probably had to do with my reverence for the bands early years, but also for where my interests were musically in 1986 and shortly there after. Through the years, I was able to find what I felt were the higher moments, though I recognize what was the beginning of the end for this band. Even some of the songs I like on this album have their shortcomings. At some point, I will probably get "Invasion of Your Privacy", since I've enjoyed what these remasters sound like.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:48 am

That's cool. I keep thinking of buying the Ratt and Dokken and Frehley stuff purely as a collectable. My best friend and I visited a local Newbury's a few weeks back and he purchased about a dozen or so used Rock Candy remasters that somebody traded in. The only band I had heard of in the lot was Airrace cuz of Jason Bonham. Their stuff goes about 25 to 28 dollars new and he paid about 10 bucks a piece. Knowing what this store pays for used CDs I was really surprised there were that many sold back in.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:49 am

the sentinel wrote:
That's cool. I keep thinking of buying the Ratt and Dokken and Frehley stuff purely as a collectable. My best friend and I visited a local Newbury's a few weeks back and he purchased about a dozen or so used Rock Candy remasters that somebody traded in. The only band I had heard of in the lot was Airrace cuz of Jason Bonham. Their stuff goes about 25 to 28 dollars new and he paid about 10 bucks a piece. Knowing what this store pays for used CDs I was really surprised there were that many sold back in.

You can get Rock Candy releases cheaper here: http://nehrecords.com

Last edited by Witchfinder on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:54 am

Okay, just quickly perused the site for Dokken and it is much cheaper. And they accept paypal. You are a God amongst mortals, Witchfinder.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:56 am

the sentinel wrote:
Okay, just quickly perused the site for Dokken and it is much cheaper. And they accept paypal. You are a God amongst mortals, Witchfinder.

lol!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 12:07 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00H4L3HTY/ref=tmm_acd_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1447347616&sr=1-1

I go through a place called i-deals out of Kentucky. You can find them on Amazon. They tend to be a little cheaper than most.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Have they done one for Ratt's "Invasion of Your Privacy"?
Currently, I only have their Badlands "Voodoo Highway" remaster.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Have they done one for Ratt's "Invasion of Your Privacy"?
Currently, I only have their Badlands "Voodoo Highway" remaster.

Yes, they remastered Invasion.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:19 pm

I would be interested in the Badlands as those are two of my all time favorite crankin' in the summer time albums.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:29 am

The Dokken and Ratt Rock Candy discs are only $15 on Amazon, new from Amazon. Third party sellers have them new starting at around $10.

I think the only Rock Candy release I've ever purchased was the Candy "Whatever Happened to Fun" CD, as that was the first (and only) CD issue of that album.

Oh I also bought that Electric Angels reissue too. I had wanted that for so long.

Though I'd enjoy having about 85% of their catalog, I'd bet.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:08 am

Did Rock Candy also do the remaster of Arcade's first album that I just discovered existed recently (yes, I bet you're just as surprised as I am)?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RATT re-mastered albums   RATT re-mastered albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RATT re-mastered albums
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next