Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New RATT

Go down 
+22
mr.electric39
Olafsto
MetalFRO
JBall_Z
Getizzyback
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Gilbert
James B.
Troublezone
Metallic Blaze
krokus
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
nevermore
7thSaviour
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 pm

I like hard rock music but this new song simply doesn't "rock". It just sounds corny to me, especially that chorus.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeah, not all that impressed. Sounds too paint-by-numbers, you know. I'll buy the CD, but these guys have always been one of my least favorite rock bands.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Hope this works, here's the full stream of the song, plus album cover:

New RATT - Page 2 Moz-screenshotNew RATT - Page 2 Rattinfest

I still like the song. Songs like something from Detonator or Reach for the Sky. I'm not impressed with the cover, but I get it. They're on Roadrunner and are trying to have that post-grunge style that has worked so well for that label.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Hope this works, here's the full stream of the song, plus album cover:

New RATT - Page 2 Moz-screenshotNew RATT - Page 2 Rattinfest

I still like the song. Songs like something from Detonator or Reach for the Sky. I'm not impressed with the cover, but I get it. They're on Roadrunner and are trying to have that post-grunge style that has worked so well for that label.
Looks like the Play button doesn't work. But if you click to the right of it, the progress bar, it'll play. Weird.

I dig the song. It's better than the clip lets on, but it's still rather pedestrian. Too many of these old 80s bands forget what made them so good: Big, catchy, memorable choruses. That's what their core audience wants!
Back to top Go down

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Sounds good to me. I'll be buying it. DeMartini sounds as good as ever, IMO.

It's 2009. You're not going to get an album equal (or even reminiscent) to their classics 25 years after their peak. Especially without Beau Hill. Producers created those big catchy memorable choruses in the 80's. Just ask Def Leppard what an impact Mutt Lange had on their sound. The same goes for Ratt.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

It's 2009. You're not going to get an album equal (or even reminiscent) to their classics 25 years after their peak. Especially without Beau Hill. Producers created those big catchy memorable choruses in the 80's. Just ask Def Leppard what an impact Mutt Lange had on their sound. The same goes for Ratt.
But Def Leppard still manage those big, catchy choruses (although with far less balls), as do countless other newer rock bands that don't have producers such as Mutt Lange.

The problem, as I see it, is that these older rock bands are far too influenced by the stigma of the 80s. So they sterilize everything. Really, outside of a solo, how different is this new Ratt song from any Nickelback hit?

That's not a dig against the song, as I like a lot of that sort of music, but that's how I see it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Looks like the Play button doesn't work. But if you click to the right of it, the progress bar, it'll play. Weird.

Yeah I noticed that too. New RATT - Page 2 685534 Wasn't sure if Shockwave was gonna work here anyway.

Eyesore wrote:

The problem, as I see it, is that these older rock bands are far too influenced by the stigma of the 80s. So they sterilize everything. Really, outside of a solo, how different is this new Ratt song from any Nickelback hit?

That's not a dig against the song, as I like a lot of that sort of music, but that's how I see it.

It sounds updated but it still sounds like Ratt, not Nickelback, to me. I just think that cover is atrocious though and smacks of Nickelback bands. New RATT - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 pm

It doesn't sound like Nickleback, the band, but it does have that sort of paint-by-numbers modern rock style. Again, nothing wrong with that, but I just think it's a pointless endeavor for these older bands. Just play that stuff you cut your teeth on. They know it; it's in their genes. Trying for the mainstream hasn't worked yet, and it never will.

But if they give Ratt fans the sort of songs they go nuts for at a live show, then they'll find that there's a far bigger market than they think is out there.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:57 pm

This band didn't impress me in their hayday so I'm sure not going to bother with this release.

"Urine love...."; that's my only fond memory of Ratt.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:50 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Very true.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Pretty much agree with Eyesore on this one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Sounds like Ratt to me.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Is Beau Hill still producing?

"urine love" New RATT - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:51 pm

Oh great, now i'll be laughing everytime I hear that song. Or creeped out.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:09 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

"urine love" New RATT - Page 2 Lol

Laughing very hard

I like the new song! It really reminds me of something off Detonator
Back to top Go down

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

Yes he is. But I think he does independant artists these days.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

Eh, not a bad song, but I don't think it's anything I'd buy. My copy of Ratt 8191 is about all the Ratt I can stomach.

What with the other cover? I thought the rat skeleton was the cover, not the grungy green cover.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
If the whole band is back in the fold (and from what I've read that is the case),then this should be outstanding (I hope!)

...well, everybody except Robbin Crosby anyway, who has been very busy being dead for the past ten years or so. Which, you gotta admit, is a very reasonable excuse for not taking part.

I think it's only Stephen, Warren & Blotz as far as the "classic" line-up goes. Carlos Cavazo (sp?) of Quiet Riot is 2nd guitar and Robbie Crane, whos been with them for years now, is on bass. Does Juan Croucier still play music? I thought he moved on to producing or something.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:22 pm

"You take the midnight subway train
You're callin' all the shots
You're struck by lightning
Urine love"

Sounds about right. New RATT - Page 2 Lol This song has been ruined for me now! I never thought about it like that before but now I will everytime I hear it!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Does Juan Croucier still play music? I thought he moved on to producing or something.

Not sure, I do know he was offered his spot back and he demanded more money than the band was willing to pay him. I guess he plays enough to where he thinks very highly of skills!
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 pm

nevermore wrote:
The release comes out Apr. 20th.
damn, what happened to early March?

Great tune though!
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Really like the new Ratt song. It gets better with each listen. "Infestation" is on my list.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Can't listen at the moment - does Pearcy still have a voice? I loved "Detonator", and if this is anything like that I would probably like it, but from what I've heard of Pearcy's live clips over the last several years, it sounds like he can barely hit the notes any longer. If he's singing in a lower register, that might be the smart way to go. He could barely make the notes when I saw them back in '99 or '00...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:15 am

I would not at all be surprised if Ratt ends up on tour with Poison and/or Cinderella this summer!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:01 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I would not at all be surprised if Ratt ends up on tour with Poison and/or Cinderella this summer!

That would RULE!!!!!

New RATT - Page 2 11840 New RATT - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RATT   New RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New RATT
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next