Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Offspring (any fans?)

Go down 
+12
Schbopo
Troublezone
James B.
thejokeriv
iamrockerfun
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
powermacho
spiritoradio
tohostudios
7thSaviour
Metallic Blaze
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

The Offspring (any fans?) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Their later stuff sounds like Weird Al.
surprised

The vocals and goofy lyrics. It became comedy...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:16 am

I have a coupla older albums, but I haven't heard them in awhile. I got a free promo copy of their latest still in the wrapper. I just lost interest in them. I would agree that some of their better songs were not radio hits.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I was just cranking The Offspring's "Greatest Hits" album today while doing laundry.

Wow, these guys are actually quite a bit better than I ever gave them credit for. I need to get more of their stuff.

Any fans?

The Offspring (any fans?) - Page 2 The-offspring

I agree with you, they have not been given the credit they deserve. Most people only relate them to their hits "Keep 'Em Separated" and "Pretty Fly for a White Guy", but the truth is the rest of their material is great too. They had a very smart brand of power punk, I thought, less serious but just as intense as Bad Religion. I still give Smash a spin quite often.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Their later stuff sounds like Weird Al.
surprised

The vocals and goofy lyrics. It became comedy...
I don't think the vocals ever changed. And the goofy lyrics were pretty much exclusive to the singles. Smart business move, though it does straddle the line between being honest and selling out. But I guess "selling out" on a single here and there is wise.

Either way, I think your opinion is based on the radio and MTV stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Neuropete wrote:
They had a very smart brand of power punk, I thought, less serious but just as intense as Bad Religion.

Totally agree with you here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Offspring (any fans?)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2