Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Offspring

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:21 pm

I, like I'm sure allot of people, became aware of these guys back in the days when MTV actually played videos and the song 'Come Out & Play' ("...gotta keep 'em seperated") was in heavy rotation. Although they put out an album or 2 beforhand, this was the song that broke them into the mainstream. After that, they continued to put out albums to varying degrees of success.

I followed them for awhile, but somewhere along the line, I lost interest and hadn't heard anything from them in who knows how long and didn't seem to miss 'em. I recently pulled out some of their discs to see if anything grabbed me. They left me kinda "meh". Not bad, but nothing great. So now onto the whole point of this thread...

Last night at work I was handed a copy of their latest release, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. It's still sealed (upc scratched-out), so I'm debating if I even want to bother opening it and giving it a spin or just throw it in my sell/trade pile.

Any opinions, good or bad, would be appreciated.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:24 pm

I like it. It's punkier than their last several releases IMO.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Hmmmmm, punkier you say? Not a selling point for me. I'm real selective when it comes to punk.

Strike 1

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Just throw it in your sell/trade pile.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Haven't heard it - I have thought about picking it up, but I haven;t yet
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Maybe punkier is the wrong word. How about "angrier"? It's closer to the sound of Smash than say, Americana or Splinter.

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:40 pm

They had some ok songs but never anything close to an albums worth. This would have to be very different for me to want it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:49 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
They had some ok songs but never anything close to an albums worth. This would have to be very different for me to want it.

With that as a basis, I'd say you wouldn't like it.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:08 pm

I've got American and Smash by The Offspring. How would that new one rank among those?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:11 pm

I definitely like it better than Americana.

Not quite as good as Smash or Ixnay but definitely better than Splinter.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Big Offspring fan here! 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Offspring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offspring   The Offspring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Offspring
Page 1 of 1