Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Offspring (any fans?)

Go down 
+12
Schbopo
Troublezone
James B.
thejokeriv
iamrockerfun
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
powermacho
spiritoradio
tohostudios
7thSaviour
Metallic Blaze
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

The Offspring (any fans?) Empty
PostSubject: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:19 pm

I was just cranking The Offspring's "Greatest Hits" album today while doing laundry.

Wow, these guys are actually quite a bit better than I ever gave them credit for. I need to get more of their stuff.

Any fans?

The Offspring (any fans?) The-offspring
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:48 pm

I LOVE The Offspring! 10/10
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I LOVE The Offspring! 10/10

The Offspring (any fans?) 778825 The Offspring (any fans?) 778825 The Offspring (any fans?) 778825 The Offspring (any fans?) 778825

What are your favorite albums?

I only have their GH album for now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Count me in. I have them all.

My favorite is Ixnay On The Hombre but I also love Smash.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Count me in. I have them all.

My favorite is Ixnay On The Hombre but I also love Smash.
The Offspring (any fans?) 604261
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Smash is by far their best album, but all of their albums are winners in my book.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 pm

I have only heard CONSPIRACY OF ONE, and Americana. Both albums have their good songs. Americana is my favorite out of those two albums
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:35 pm

They have some good songs, there is some cool stuff going on vocally and guitarwise..I don't mind the certain way they handle their punk influence.... 'The Meaning of Life' for example. Some songs are really super annoying too, but you can do a lot worse than this band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Love these guys. It's too bad that, like Eminem, for instance, they're more known for their goofy hit singles. I guess that's good marketing because those tracks have been pretty big, but it'd be cool if people knew them for their other songs, which are, in my opinion, far better than any single they've ever done.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:57 pm

i hate tath style of PhUNK or better said all various kinds of PhUNK
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Yep - love em!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:23 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Yep - love em!!!!!!!

The Offspring (any fans?) 11840
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Don't own anyhting but I jam with this guy who is always playing them. Like somebody mentioned above, the other songs not heard on radio are better. Not familar enough with titles to be more speciifc.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Their later stuff sounds like Weird Al.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Their later stuff sounds like Weird Al.
surprised
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Love these guys. It's too bad that, like Eminem, for instance, they're more known for their goofy hit singles. I guess that's good marketing because those tracks have been pretty big, but it'd be cool if people knew them for their other songs, which are, in my opinion, far better than any single they've ever done.

Yeah, I only know their goofy hit singles. I always kinda liked "Pretty Fly For A White Guy".
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 pm

GIVE IT TO ME BABY!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
GIVE IT TO ME BABY!!!

That's the kind of song I think ruins the reputation of The Offspring.

While I like it, I think the "silly songs" they release as singles turn people off to the much better music on their albums.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Funny this band comes up -- when I got in the car to leave work today, their song "Come Out & Play" was on the radio when I started it up. Always did kinda like that one.

Never bothered to buy any of their CDs but I guess judging from what little I've heard over the years, they're pretty fly... for white guys. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Funny this band comes up -- when I got in the car to leave work today, their song "Come Out & Play" was on the radio when I started it up. Always did kinda like that one.

Never bothered to buy any of their CDs but I guess judging from what little I've heard over the years, they're pretty fly... for white guys. Laughing

This is a band I think is a lot better than the singles on the radio.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
GIVE IT TO ME BABY!!!

That's the kind of song I think ruins the reputation of The Offspring.

While I like it, I think the "silly songs" they release as singles turn people off to the much better music on their albums.

I love that song though dude!!! That's my favorite song by them!!!

The Offspring (any fans?) 778825 The Offspring (any fans?) 778825 The Offspring (any fans?) 778825 The Offspring (any fans?) 778825 The Offspring (any fans?) 778825
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

This is a band I think is a lot better than the singles on the radio.
Far better.

Freddy, this is more typical of their non-hit songs:

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 pm

They did a good song on the Faculty Soundtrack not sure if it was a cover almost sure it is but it was kick ass
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:19 am

Addy wrote:
They did a good song on the Faculty Soundtrack not sure if it was a cover almost sure it is but it was kick ass
Nope. That's an original; it's from Americana and called "The Kids Aren't Alright," a little play on The Who track "The Kids Are Alright," I guess.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:45 am

I love "The Kids Aren't Alright"!!! That's another of my faves from them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Offspring (any fans?)   The Offspring (any fans?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Offspring (any fans?)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next