Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fates Warning classic line up

Go down 
+9
Dave the Boss
ultmetal
7thSaviour
Black Coffee
Leatherface
Orion Crystal Ice
stepcousin
Temple of Blood
manny
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fates Warning classic line up Empty
PostSubject: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm

The classic 1991 line-up of progressive metal band Fates Warning is to reunite.
The quintet – Ray Alder (vocals), Jim Matheos (guitar), Frank Aresti (guitar), Joe DiBiase (bass), and Mark Zonder (drums) – are to play a couple of shows in Greece during March, with more to follow.
This coincides with the reissue of their 1991 album Parallels through Metal Blade on March 16.
This will include a bonus CD with live and demo material, a DVD with an entire show from 1992, plus a documentary on the making of the album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Needs Arch. Wink

Looking forward to getting the CD/DVD though.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 pm

not quite the classic lineup but maybe the modern FW classic lineup. Still it sounds intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:34 pm

yay 'Parallels' reissue.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Sounds cool. I'd like to see them do another record with this line up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Black Coffee
Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:41 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Needs Arch. Wink

Looking forward to getting the CD/DVD though.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 am

No thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 am

manny wrote:
The classic 1991 line-up of progressive metal band Fates Warning is to reunite.
The quintet – Ray Alder (vocals), Jim Matheos (guitar), Frank Aresti (guitar), Joe DiBiase (bass), and Mark Zonder (drums) – are to play a couple of shows in Greece during March, with more to follow.
This coincides with the reissue of their 1991 album Parallels through Metal Blade on March 16.
This will include a bonus CD with live and demo material, a DVD with an entire show from 1992, plus a documentary on the making of the album.

YES!!!!! headbanger

John Arch can go fly a kite...Alder is a much better singer...better melody and more control...John Arch, while talented, was a one-trick-pony.

The Alder/Matheos/Aresti/DiBiase/Zonder line-up produced 3 CLASSIC albums...Perfect Symmetry, Parallels & Inside Out...
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:21 am

If they'd play only stuff from the first 4 Alder albums on this tour, I'd gladly go! Glad to see the early 90s lineup back together!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:23 am

Not quite the classic line-up without Arch IMO, but still a great band. I've always like the Arch-era albums best, not just because of the vocals, but because I liked the music better then too.

Still, this would be a cool show to see. I had tickets to see Fates Warning on The Spectre Within Tour at the City Gardens in Trenton. They were opening for Motorhead. Unfortunately, Motorhead's tour bus or equipment truck broke down and they never made the show, so as we stood in line, Fates Warning came out and greeted the crowd. Unfortunately, there was no show because Motorhead had all the PA stuff.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:36 am

Arch's EP >>>>> FATES WARNING's last 2 albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:10 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Fates Warning classic line up 19976
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 am

Classic line up? You mean Arch, Matheos, Arduini, DiBiase and Zimmermann? Razz Although I do like No Exit, Perfect Symmetry, and Parallels, NOTHING beats the first three FW records. Especially Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian are pure perfection.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I have to agree with him. Alder is a great vocalist with an awesome voice, but John Arch's singing and vocal acrobatics are out of this world. The vocal melodies post-Awaken the Guardian are just kinda bland imo.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 am

To me the 'Parallels' line up was the classic line up because this is when I discovered them and my personal fav period of the band, but to each his own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:22 am

manny wrote:
To me the 'Parallels' line up was the classic line up because this is when I discovered them and my personal fav period of the band, but to each his own.

Jerk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:22 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I have to agree with him. Alder is a great vocalist with an awesome voice, but John Arch's singing and vocal acrobatics are out of this world. The vocal melodies post-Awaken the Guardian are just kinda bland imo.

Acrobatics are his problem...backflips can only take you so far. His vocal melodies, while impressive, were too much. Mark Zonder described it best...he described it as "way too many eggs in way too small a basket"...

It's a preference thing...some people prefer over the top shredding (ala Michael Angelo), some prefer more melodic, soulful playing (ala Richie Sambora)...it's the same vocally...some prefer crazy vocal acrobatics (Arch) or more melodic, "for the song" vocals (Alder)...I'm the latter.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:25 am

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Jerk.

Fates Warning classic line up Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:25 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It's a preference thing...some people prefer over the top shredding (ala Michael Angelo), some prefer more melodic, soulful playing (ala Richie Sambora)...it's the same vocally...some prefer crazy vocal acrobatics (Arch) or more melodic, "for the song" vocals (Alder)...I'm the latter.

I suppose I must accept your opinion as fact as you are a musician. You win this round, sir.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Jerk.

Fates Warning classic line up 201269

I'd still like to see them live though. They'd better dust off some Arch-era classics though. I'd kill to hear The Apparition live. Fates Warning classic line up 11840
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:27 am

I prefer Alder as vocalist. I had the opportunity to hang out with him in Houston in 1997 and he was a very cool and class act. I will definitely be picking up this new special editon of Parallels. By the way I also just picked up Snowfall On Judgment Day from his other project Redemption. Great performance by Ray and also a guest vocal appearance by James LaBrie on one track. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I suppose I must accept your opinion as fact as you are a musician. You win this round, sir.

Damn straight... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 pm

I enjoy both singers but Alder brought a new dimension to the band imo. I'm excited for a DVD, never had a chance to see them live.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:23 pm

I think Alder is excellent but Arch is just magical. "Perfect Symmetry" is one of my favorite metal albums of all-time.

I wonder how many more of these reissues they're gonna do. Is there a demand for an "Inside Out" re-issue or for a re-release of the last two?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think Alder is excellent but Arch is just magical. "Perfect Symmetry" is one of my favorite metal albums of all-time.

I wonder how many more of these reissues they're gonna do. Is there a demand for an "Inside Out" re-issue or for a re-release of the last two?

I think they might stop at Inside Out, if I had to guess...it was the last album with a full 5-piece line-up.

But, then again, they could easily do A Pleasant Shade Of Gray with the APSoG Live as the bonus DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning classic line up   Fates Warning classic line up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fates Warning classic line up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next