Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What were they thinking?

Go down 
+32
exact33
TheGame2k2
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Wargod
Vexer6
Required Fields
rattpoison
Getizzyback
mc666
Lurideath
mr.electric39
stevegarveyfan
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
JBall_Z
jstate
manny
krokus
T-Roy
snooloui
7thSaviour
Shiney
Temple of Blood
nevermore
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
sovdat
ultmetal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

What were they thinking? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
That Motley Crue S/T album is one of their best.

but I know many don't agree with me.

That is my favorite Motley Crue album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 pm

You're not alone, that's a great album. Vocally Corabi is way better then Vince and I like MC with Vince.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Judas Priest - Dumbolition

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Dangerous Toys-The Rtist formerly known as Dangerous Toys

What the Hell was this piece of crap supposed to be?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Dangerous Toys-The Rtist formerly known as Dangerous Toys

What the Hell was this piece of crap supposed to be?

Ooooooo yea, that one's a doozie. That's the very definition of "What were they thinking!?!"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
Queensryche - Rage for Order......

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

this isn't heavy metal.... from Queen of The Ryche how the mighty fell.....

???? That is an awesome album!!!! The only WTF song is "gonna get close to you" on the album.

Two more - Iron Maiden's blaze albums. What was steve harris thinking when he hired blaze?

I agree. I thought Rage for Order was fantastic when I first heard it and still do. It's certainly not a 180 degree stylistic turn from The Warning or something so poorly recorded, like St. Anger, that you honestly wonder "What the heck were they thinking?"

As for Maiden with Blaze, well, Blaze is a good, charismatic singer. Unfortunately he didn't have the best material to sing over, or he may not have been the right fit for the band. However, listening to his post-Maiden material, he certainly is no slacker, which tells me it was more about the songs than the singer himself.

I bought new back then and was hoping for a heavier sound like the EP/The Warning and I got.... 'Gonna Get Close to you"..... CRAP !!!!! synthezied drums!!! 'Screaming in Digital'..... CRAP!!! I thought 'Walking in the Shadows' was a good tune,but the next tune had this long accoustic intro which just killed the momentum for me, but this album and that crap Look.... Metal??? 'I Will Remember,' ' The Killing Words,' surprised

no.... I may re-visit this disc again if I can find it for a $1... but 'Mindcrime' was light years and more Metallic in my book.... The hooks I thought were way too subtle and it was boring....

Ryche continued to change too much and too often for me.... The Warning was great it was heavy but Rage went out into left field out beyond pluto for me..... I don't care for ballads and I don't buy metal albums for ballads... sick

Yeah so in my book.... What were they Thinking!?!!??
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:56 pm

I love "Rage for Order".

I just thought of the perfect album for this thread.

The L.A. Guns ~ American Hardcore

What were they thinking? - Page 4 American_Hardcore

WTF was this band thinking? They must have been cracked up on all kinds of drugs to release this POS album. I keep it in my collection simply because I'm a completist. Otherwise I would have gotten rid of this one years ago.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:56 pm

manny wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
That Motley Crue S/T album is one of their best.

but I know many don't agree with me.

That is my favorite Motley Crue album.

It's in my top 3!

What were they thinking? - Page 4 778825
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I love "Rage for Order".

WTF was this band thinking? They must have been cracked up on all kinds of drugs to release this POS album. I keep it in my collection simply because I'm a completist. Otherwise I would have gotten rid of this one years ago.

Never heard this one myself, but word of mouth and crap-tacular reviews told me to keep away. And I'm a big LA Guns fan. What were they thinking? - Page 4 810647

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
I love "Rage for Order".

Never heard this one myself, but word of mouth and crap-tacular reviews told me to keep away. And I'm a big LA Guns fan. What were they thinking? - Page 4 810647

I love early LA Guns. But trust me dude. This album is comparative to them sitting in an outhouse and making their music that way. Total POS album. I know Toho agrees with me too.

I've never met anyone who likes this album.

This album makes Scorpions' "Eye II Eye" sound good. It makes "St. Anger" sound good dude.

I think they were trying to be 'gangstas' or something.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:17 pm

That LA Guns reminds me of another. This may top my list. To make it worse, you know exactly what they were thinking.

Lynch Mob - Smoke This
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:22 pm

jstate wrote:
That LA Guns reminds me of another. This may top my list. To make it worse, you know exactly what they were thinking.

Lynch Mob - Smoke This

I've not heard that one. Pretty bad huh?

Oh another one came to mind:

Guardian - Bottle Rocket (I know Ult will agree with me on this one)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:51 pm

The first few that come to mind:

TNT - Transistor
Fates Warning - Inside Out ( I like this cd a lot, but still said, WTF?)
Great White - Rising (especially after how good BttR was)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I love early LA Guns. But trust me dude. This album is comparative to them sitting in an outhouse and making their music that way. Total POS album. I know Toho agrees with me too.

This album makes Scorpions' "Eye II Eye" sound good. It makes "St. Anger" sound good dude.

i liked American Hardcore, Eye II Eye, & St. Anger.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 pm

When 'Smoke This' came out, Lynch did a bunch of interviews slamming Dokken even more than usual as wimpy 80's stuff, and saying that he's always been 'more of a rhythm guy' and, so, thus, it makes perfect sense for him to ascend into a hip-hop influenced atmosphere, and he always tried to tell the fans and interviewers he loved rap but the record company wouldn't let him.

What were they thinking? - Page 4 201269
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:44 am

mc666 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

i liked American Hardcore, Eye II Eye, & St. Anger.

No offense MC. I liked the samps I heard from "Eye II Eye" and I like "St. Anger" to a degree too.

Just can't seem to get into "American Hardcore" though. I'll give it another spin sometime.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:53 am

Master's Hammer - Slagry

Okay, to be completely honest... I actually like this album. But seriously, what the hell where they thinking??? Here they abandoned the obscure occult black metal from the first two LPs, and made a combination of err... house, black metal, circus music, classical music, TV and radio jingles, and 1950s rock and roll. So it's kinda weird if you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:36 am

holy CRAP. CANNOT believe I forgot this.

What were they thinking? - Page 4 Cover_1112852009

now I know there must be some people who like, even love this. and I just want to politely ask 'why'? Ok, I like 'Pearl'...I think that's an OK song. I don't abhor the absence of Ole on clean vocals, the Lengsel guy has a cool voice too, and I like Lengsel more than Extol. The production is good. But this thing is a mess. The clean vocal melodies are these attempts at being... I don't know... they're like dissonant in a sloppy, random way, as opposed to being rock solid (see: WatchTower for one example).....the guitars do nothing most of the album..the screams have turned into this horrible pinched screamo stuff.......... what the heck??? I wonder if they will ever return. I'm not completely positive why they folded/took a break/whatever, but I hope they don't ever do something like this again.
Back to top Go down
TheGame2k2
Metal novice
Metal novice
TheGame2k2

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:07 pm

I've had that experience with Motorheads March or Die album.

I'm a huge Motorhead fan but that was their only album that i felt like throwing out the window.
Back to top Go down
http://TheGame2k2.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 pm

I don't like Motorhead at all. But I know I'm in the minority on that one.

I also have a lot of respect for Lemmy as a person.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
holy CRAP. CANNOT believe I forgot this.

What were they thinking? - Page 4 Cover_1112852009

now I know there must be some people who like, even love this. and I just want to politely ask 'why'? Ok, I like 'Pearl'...I think that's an OK song. I don't abhor the absence of Ole on clean vocals, the Lengsel guy has a cool voice too, and I like Lengsel more than Extol. The production is good. But this thing is a mess. The clean vocal melodies are these attempts at being... I don't know... they're like dissonant in a sloppy, random way, as opposed to being rock solid (see: WatchTower for one example).....the guitars do nothing most of the album..the screams have turned into this horrible pinched screamo stuff.......... what the heck??? I wonder if they will ever return. I'm not completely positive why they folded/took a break/whatever, but I hope they don't ever do something like this again.

x2. I dont know why i still own this cd...

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Not an album per se, but I will also like to add I will never forget first hearing a groove-breakdown in a Nightwish song. I thought I was aurally hallucinating.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:21 pm

What were they thinking?

Thats the problem

They weren't lol
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Addy wrote:
What were they thinking?

Thats the problem

They weren't lol

What were they thinking? - Page 4 Lol

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Not an album per se, but I will also like to add I will never forget first hearing a groove-breakdown in a Nightwish song. I thought I was aurally hallucinating.

I am a huge Nightwish fan and for the life of me can't figure out what song you are referring to. Hmmm ...

I don't think of 'groove metal' when I think of Nightwish for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What were they thinking?   What were they thinking? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What were they thinking?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next