Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)

Go down 
+11
kmorg
mr.electric39
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Troublezone
stepcousin
ultmetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
tohostudios
MetalRob331
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)   SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Paul Gilbert ruuuuules. Wicked sense of humor too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)   SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:47 am

He also wrote a bunch of stuff for that Nuclear Blast compilations (Into the Light), and he has some solo stuff with orchestra. Classical composition is in his family, so it's pretty much always there in some way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)   SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:13 pm

If anything, I think Tremonti is more in the nu metal camp but a great player.

Victor is a very original player but sometimes uneven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)   SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:18 pm

RAGE is one of my favorite bands, but I don't care for Victor much. He has a style reminiscent of Steve Vai, whom I do not care for. The later day Rage albums pale in comparison with the earlier stuff, mainly because of the guitar wankery, but to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)   SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 pm

I think the early to mid period Rage stuff is definitely the best as well. I like Viktor a lot more than Vai, however. Mainly because he can riff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)   SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 pm

So true. If by mid era you mean The Missing Link through Unity, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)   SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:14 pm

yes, I refer to this era. SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 26156 Right now I think Victor is doing so much stuff at once that his contributions to the band are getting really stale and boring...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel)   SHRED THIS (Tommy Emmanuel) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:46 am