Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tommy Skeoch's New Album

Go down 
+8
Aaron_D
unkle
EmoElmo
Troublezone
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
ShadowAngel
MetalGuy71
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tommy Skeoch's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:53 pm

So apparently ex-Tesla guitarist Tommy Skeoch has a new album out...

Brand of Metal
Tommy Skeoch's New Album Tommyskeoch4

Looks like it's a digital only release (for now anyway). Listen to some samples or buy at cdbaby...
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tommyskeoch4

Tommy sounds very angry.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tommy sounds very angry.

Yeah, those are mean sounds and some weird song titles, what does 'Fsdsrrmf' even mean?
But it sounds interesting from those short bits but it sound quite dark. End of the World, Soul smurfer, Hate to Hate, Scapegoat...has this guy no positive feelings left? Some of those songtitles would fit some weird Emocore band better.

And it's funny they list AC/DC on the left, those soundbits are nothing like AC/DC and not even Tesla lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Well, I was interested until I listened to the samples. Needs to vary it up some.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Well, I was interested until I listened to the samples. Needs to vary it up some.

Yea, it's hard to judge from just the clips, but Tommy agrily ranting over the music could get a bit monotonous. I'd like to hear a full song or 2. And a digital-only release isn't gonna win any favors from me.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Too bad too, I like his work with Tesla.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Sounds like crap to me, just like his Freak Bucket album. Amazing that he could write so much great music in Tesla, yet turn out nothing but audio poop outside the band.

Too bad.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:29 pm

His voice sounds like crap and the music is generic. Why did he bother?
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Man that was severely awful

I wouldn't even put this junk in my iPod even if they offered a download for free
Back to top Go down
unkle
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Have you guys actually listened to the whole album? Doesn't sound like it. Listen before you judge!
Tommy has been doing great and is very positive about life. I talk to him weekly.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:04 pm

unkle wrote:
Have you guys actually listened to the whole album? Doesn't sound like it. Listen before you judge!
Tommy has been doing great and is very positive about life. I talk to him weekly.
That's great that he's doing well.

As for this album, based on the samples, I can safely say my assumption is sound. I do own the first album, and I don't find it to be very good. This is clearly an album in the same stylistic vein. No rush to judgment here.

I know he's capable of writing great songs. I just don't think this stuff compares.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Tommy recently called into Eddie Trunk's radio show for a pretty revealing interview. If you got 30 minutes to kill, it's an interesting listen...

In a nutshell, he takes responsibility for his actions and doesn't harbor any bad feelings towards his former band mates.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:32 pm

I meant to listen to this. The transcripted part I read made him seem like a complete mess, either high or completely brain-addled from years and years of drugs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:38 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
what does 'Fsdsrrmf' even mean?
“F*cking, sucking, drinking, smoking, rocking, rolling, mother f*cker”

Eyesore wrote:
I meant to listen to this. The transcripted part I read made him seem like a complete mess, either high or completely brain-addled from years and years of drugs.

It's worth it if you have the time. He claims to be clean(-ish) for the last 5 years now, so I'm thinking he's a little burned-out. Yet he doesn't come off as angry or bitter. He did what he did and now he's past it. He's not trying to re-write or change the past.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:49 pm

He also has two new singles up on CD Baby.
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Destruction sounds like I has potential. As for the rest ...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 3:58 am

Tommy has lived some hard years... =(

https://www.facebook.com/220139854712359/videos/1633147450078252

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 5:35 am

Eyesore wrote:

Wow! I don't want to be mean, but he looks horrible! It's hard to believe it's the same guy!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Wow! I don't want to be mean, but he looks horrible! It's hard to believe it's the same guy!

It's crazy. He's peddling guitar lessons on Facebook now, $50 or $80 an hour. =(
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Dang. He makes Chris Holmes look healthy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 8:30 pm

I can’t believe that’s him. It’s sad to see especially since he is my fave member of Tesla.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 pm

He's been ill as well, but hell...the dope fiend assumptions work killer too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Best thing he's done since his Tesla days.

Heard this one a while back and loved it then, still do now. Shame Tommy wasted so many years not playing this style of music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2020 11:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Best thing he's done since his Tesla days.

Heard this one a while back and loved it then, still do now. Shame Tommy wasted so many years not playing this style of music.

I’m liking this new song! It’s very old school Tesla-ish.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 9:38 am

Another good tune by Tommy's new band.

Not as good as the first single, but solid. And still waaaaaaaaay better than anything else he's done since his Tesla days.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 10:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And still waaaaaaaaay better than anything else he's done since his Tesla days.

I concur

Dude from Blonz sounds similar to Jeff, but stronger (IMHDO)

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Skeoch's New Album   Tommy Skeoch's New Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tommy Skeoch's New Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next