Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paradise Lost

Go down 
+13
Gilbert
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
holydiver97595
7thSaviour
Schbopo
DallasBlack
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
mc666
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Paradise Lost - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:04 am

7thSaviour wrote:
I saw Paradise Lost open for Nightwish a while back. Not bad at all!

I saw that same tour!!!

Paradise Lost - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
I saw Paradise Lost open for Nightwish a while back. Not bad at all!

I saw that same tour!!!

Paradise Lost - Page 2 778825
Both bands were great that night!
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:29 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Anyone into this UK band?

Oops, I thought this was for Symphony X's album Paradise Lost, so I checked out the band. I'm not really too into it though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Any new thoughts on PL, anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:24 am

Just that they frikkin' rule!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:44 am

S wrote:
Just that they frikkin' rule!
They are pretty good, judging by that one live set I saw from them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 am

Do you have any of their albums?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:10 am

I only own Draconian Times, which I like well enough. I'll give it a spin from tme to time, but I've never bothered digging any deeper into their discography.

Judging by some of the comments here, it sounds like they are a little all over the place with their releases. I'll probably just stick with the lone disc I own for now.

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I only own Draconian Times, which I like well enough. I'll give it a spin from tme to time, but I've never bothered digging any deeper into their discography.

Judging by some of the comments here, it sounds like they are a little all over the place with their releases. I'll probably just stick with the lone disc I own for now.

Pre-Draconian Times they were heavier and more Deathy, but still gothic/doom...Icon, Gothic, Lost Paradise, Shades Of God...

Post-Draconian Times they went a little more Goth Hard Rock...no harsh vocals...for about 3 or 4 albums...like a heavier Cure or something...One Second, Host, Believe In Nothing...

Then beginning with the self-titled, they went back to the Draconian Times type sound which is a blend of the heavy with the melodic....Paradise Lost, In Requiem, Faith Divides Us...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:56 am

Quote :
more Deathy
Pass.

Quote :
like a heavier Cure or something
Pass, again.

Quote :
a blend of the heavy with the melodic
Hmmm, maybe.

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:03 pm

MetalGuy - if you like Draconian Times at all, check out the latest 3...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:05 pm

I like everything up to Draconian Times as well. Disliked everything from then on up until the latest 2 albums.

Shades of God is by far their best to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 pm

I'm still partial to Draconian Times since it was my initial exposure to the band...saw them in Metal Maniacs when the album just came out, was intrigued, bought it and loved it ever since...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 pm

S wrote:
MetalGuy - if you like Draconian Times at all, check out the latest 3...

Possibly somewhere down the line, but I've got a f**k-ton of other discs that I need to purchase first before I go searching for bands that I kinda like.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:09 pm

I used to own draconian times. But i traded it for saxon's metalhead.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 am

S wrote:
Not yet. Which should I get first? Do they have a greatest hits?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:04 am

7thSaviour wrote:
S wrote:

Yeah, they have a collection called Reflections...but I'd get Draconian Times first...see if you like that one.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 am

S wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
S wrote:

Yeah, they have a collection called Reflections...but I'd get Draconian Times first...see if you like that one.
Thanks! Paradise Lost - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:22 pm

I like their mid-period albums the best. "Host" sounds like it could have been a Depeche Mode album. "One Second" and "Draconian Times" are excellent goth metal albums. Don't really care for the first couple of albums. Their last couple are solid.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:09 pm

I just ordered their new one, "Faith Divides Us / Death Unites Us" from CDInzane! Can't wait to finally hear it!

Lion, you got their new one yet?

What does everyone else think of the new Paradise Lost?
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I just ordered their new one, "Faith Divides Us / Death Unites Us" from CDInzane! Can't wait to finally hear it!

Lion, you got their new one yet?

What does everyone else think of the new Paradise Lost?

I don't have the new one yet, but do have every one from Draconian through the s/t. I plan on getting it though.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:26 am

As a special Valentine's gift, PARADISE LOST is offering a FREE DOWNLOAD of their new song, 'Crucify', on February 14th only:

http://www.centurymedia.com/specials/pl_crucify/

'Crucify' will appear on the band's 13th studio album, Tragic Idol, scheduled for a worldwide release through Century Media Records on April 23rd in Europe and April 24th in North America.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:46 pm

I only own Draconian Times by these guys. Pretty decent stuff but I've never really felt compelled to pick up anything else from them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 pm

007 wrote:
I only own Draconian Times by these guys. Pretty decent stuff but I've never really felt compelled to pick up anything else from them.

Same here. I like that album, but never bothered with anything else.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

Same here. I like that album, but never bothered with anything else.

Well, if you're only going to own one, I'd say that's the one to own.

But I'd also recommend:

Icon
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us
One Second

PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next