Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paradise Lost

Go down 
+10
A Handful of Wayne
jettafiend
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
krokus
stormspell
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Sword Of The Heretic
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 601

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Well, after discovering Draconian Times back in 2007, and later selling it, I decided to start buying their catalogue, as I was pretty impressed with the rest of their stuff. As of right now, the only two PL albums I have are Host and the 2005 s/t.

I find myself only listening to Host when I'm in a mellower mood, but I really love Permanent Solution and In All Honesty.

What are your fave/ least favorite albums from them?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Extremely hit and miss band for me, though on paper they should be a favorite of mine. Darkseed ended up taking that particular mantle. I probably dig 'Gothic' and 'Draconian Times' the most.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:41 am

Can't go wrong with the first 4. After that, a few songs here & there but that's it.

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:48 am

Gothic and Shades of God are the only two albums I own and care for. Although from what I remember Icon was okay too.

Last edited by stormspell on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:52 am

SHADES OF GOD is my fave but i like ICON too. I have LOST PARADISE on vinyl but its not so good (i think i liked it better back in 1990 i think, i dont know why). GOTHIC i dont have original but i listen to it in the past. I still like SHADES OF GOD more.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 8:02 am

Icon and Draconian Times are my favorites...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Draconian Times is my overall favorite. I like a lot of their catalog. Some of the more recent releases In Requiem, Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us and Tragic Idol are all really good, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 7:34 pm

I only have Draconian Times so by default it gets the nod as my favorite.I've been meaning to try out a few more of their releases but never got around to it.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:17 am

I own Draconian Times and Tragic Idol and I love them both. PL are definitely a band that I want to get more stuff from, and what I have heard on Spotify sounds great to me.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Draconian Times is great. I like most of their albums. One Second was pretty good but that was when they really strayed away from their sound. Host took it even further. I have the album but I just can't listen to it. Symbol Of Life is a great album. I think its tied between that and Draconian as my favorites. Their older stuff is a little hit and miss for me but really you can't go wrong owning their albums.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:28 pm

So, I ordered the debut album Lost Paradise. Should be here today. I'm interested in starting from the beginning while they were in their doom/death metal days. Really hard to get used to hearing Nick Holmes singing death vox after listening to his clean vox for so long.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Got the debut. I was very impressed. Bought Gothic off ebay yesterday. Should get it next week.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:07 pm

My copy of Gothic came in yesterday, and I'm enjoying it. Even better than the debut.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:40 pm

Gothic and Lost Paradise are my most preferred albums.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 11:50 am

Necro thread bumpage... picked up Paradise Lost's One Second at a CD-store sidewalk sale this past weekend. I'm not terribly familiar w/the band but if memory serves this is not considered to be one of their "better" albums.

First spin impression, it sounds like Depeche Mode trying to do metal. Not terrible but not what I was expecting to hear, either. I thought they were more doomy. Or am I confusing these guys with someone else?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 2:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Necro thread bumpage... picked up Paradise Lost's One Second at a CD-store sidewalk sale this past weekend. I'm not terribly familiar w/the band but if memory serves this is not considered to be one of their "better" albums.

First spin impression, it sounds like Depeche Mode trying to do metal. Not terrible but not what I was expecting to hear, either. I thought they were more doomy. Or am I confusing these guys with someone else?

They are more doomier. One Second was the band experimenting with their sound. If you think One Second has a Depeche Mode feel check out Host. The band went way more in the Depeche Mode direction.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 3:53 pm

I'd highly recommend both Symbol of Life and In Requiem.
Both are outstanding Paradise Lost material.

Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 1:37 pm

I actually liked Host, despite the major change in sound.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 5:31 pm

The only Paradise Lost I have is Draconian Times, which is a pretty decent slab of doom if memory serves. It never inspired me to track down any other of their albums though. It's been awhile since I've played it.

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: