Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paradise Lost

Go down 
+9
Leatherface
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
Invader
MetalGuy71
mc666
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favorite Paradise Lost Album?
Lost Paradise (1990)
Paradise Lost Vote_lcap7%Paradise Lost Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gothic (1991)
Paradise Lost Vote_lcap29%Paradise Lost Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Shades of God (1992)
Paradise Lost Vote_lcap14%Paradise Lost Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Icon (1993)
Paradise Lost Vote_lcap14%Paradise Lost Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Draconian Times (1995)
Paradise Lost Vote_lcap29%Paradise Lost Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
One Second (1997)
Paradise Lost Vote_lcap7%Paradise Lost Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Host (1999)
Paradise Lost Vote_lcap0%Paradise Lost Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Believe in Nothing (2001)
 0% [ 0 ]
Symbol of Life (2002)
 0% [ 0 ]
Paradise Lost (2005)
 0% [ 0 ]
In Requiem (2007)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:05 am

Paradise Lost Image1-12

Anyone here like Paradise Lost? They are a band with many different faces. The first 2 albums are doom/death prototypes the next few after that are goth-ish metal excellence and then they almost went pop. In 2007 they returned to their most popular sound and released a fantastic album entitled "In Requiem". But my favorite album has to be "Icon". That is a powerful and surprisingly beautiful album. I highly recommend it.

What is your favorite album of theirs and what thoughts do you have on the band?
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:08 am

Draconian Times is my fave...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 9:08 am

the first 3 are some of my all time faves. Gothic would definitely be #1 with me though.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:02 am

The only one I own is Draconian Times, which I like very much, so I ain't voting.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:56 am

My favorite is either "Gothic" or "Icon".
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:54 pm

I liked the doom/death feel then they lost me and I haven't paid attention. So the latest is more doomy?
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:57 pm

No the last one is more of a mix of Draconian Times and Icon. Is surprisingly very good, I think.
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Will check it out but i'm not real keen on the goth sound.
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Goth really isn't the right word. I just can't describe it any differently. I have a West Virginia education. Forgive me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:02 pm

My pick is Shades of God. That album rules!
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Spec wrote: Goth really isn't the right word. I just can't describe it any differently. I have a West Virginia education. Forgive me. Smile

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Thanks fer lookin outt fer mee
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:09 pm

My Favorite is Draconian. Probably becaues it was the first album I heard of theirs back when it came out. I do like all of their albums though. Symbol Of My Life was awesome as well.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Draconian Times is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 9:27 pm

Personally, Lost Paradise is my favorite
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 9:44 pm

I can't pick. I really like most everything they've done. Some albums aren't amazing, but I don't think they've released a bad album. I have a soft spot for Draconian Times as it's the first PL album I heard. At the time, that was extreme for my ears. Haha.

I need to upgrade some of their albums, though. A lot, in fact. On CD, I only own As I Die (EP), At The BBC, Believe In Nothing, Draconian Times, Icon, One Second (CD Single), One Second (w/Bonus Track), Paradise Lost, Shades Of God, Symbol Of Life. It's been a while since I've heard those early albums.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Icon. By far. But which one did they do the killer cover of Atomic Rooster's "Death Walks Behind You" on? That's one of the best covers I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:38 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Icon. By far. But which one did they do the killer cover of Atomic Rooster's "Death Walks Behind You" on? That's one of the best covers I've ever heard.
It's on the As I Die EP.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:09 pm

Draconian Times, but it's the only one of thiers I have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The only one I own is Draconian Times, which I like very much, so I ain't voting.

Same here, but I do want to seek further albums form them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:39 am

I voted Shades of God but it's a real toss up between that and Gothic, probably because it was this period when I first got into them and hese albums hold very fond memories.

For me Paradise Lost have consistantly delivered great albums. I know they were hated by fans for constantly changing their style, hence why they aren't as big or commercial as they should be, but these guys really know how to write good songs.

The last album was a return to a sound similar to Draconian Times/Icon and is another collection of fine gothic tinged metal. Anyone who has drifted away from the band since Host really should listen to the latest album In Requiem.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Gothic is a MASTERPIECE as is their debut when you are in serious, I MEAN SERIOUS, depression

oh the joy of self wallowing happy
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Boss!
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm watching the new pardise Lost live dvd The Anatomy of Melancholy and what a craker it is. I was fortunate enough to be at this gig so this represents a first, a dvd of a gig I've actually been to.

I strongly recommend all Paradise Lost fans get this immediately as it really was a great concert. It was supposed to be some sort of anniversary for the band and as such they play at least one track from every album (even Host) apart from their debut.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm not all that familiar with the band's whole catalog, but I really like Draconian Times, so I voted for it.

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next