Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Embraced Revisited

Go down 
+14
ryanmetalman
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
exact33
Schbopo
Lurideath
T-Roy
AchrisK
Orion Crystal Ice
Rex
GrandNational
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 pm

^^ Save me a copy of Crimson Thorn's "Unearthed" or "Dissection" - I only have the Atomic pressing of "Unearthed" and am looking for the other 2 pressings, as well as both versions of "Dissection" Wink

All kidding aside, I enjoy Soul Embraced. Not my favorite metalcore band, but enjoyable all the same. I quite liked their most recent album. Upon first listen, I was totally unimpressed. I thought they had no reason to get back together & put out another release. I felt it was an improvement over "Immune" but not enough to justify doing it. Then, after a couple more listens, I started to really like it. It has a lot of subtle melodic quality to it, and some good riffing if you listen openly. Is it my fav SE release? No, that would still go to "This Is My Blood". It's better than I originally thought, however, and one of the high watermarks of their discography.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:48 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
AchrisK wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Hate em! Horrible band with horrible songs and a horrible singer to match everything else horrible about this horrible band!

Like you're so great....

I would listen to any project that Lurideath has been involved in way before any Soul Embraced or post-Inhabit LS.

I've only heard Avenger of Blood. I'm a fan of thrash, but I'm not a fan of them. No offense to anyone.

Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_smile

I like AoB a lot. got all their stuff!

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:12 am

I didn't say I was anything special. I just stated the band was horrible. Sorry if you can't take my humor.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:31 am

i like both Avenger of Blood & Soul Embraced. so f*ck me.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:51 am

Lurideath wrote:
I didn't say I was anything special. I just stated the band was horrible. Sorry if you can't take my humor.

but you are special to us Shannon!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:02 pm

I think they're pretty good. Lance is a great drummer.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Lurideath wrote:

No, I think it was just a misunderstanding. I apologize. No offense.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:59 pm

I've never understood the LS comparisons with Soul Embraced besides some shared members. I listen to these two bands regularly and there is none. And there never was any as both bands went through there changes. Vocals are totally different. Guitars and riffing are totally different. The songs are totally different. They don't even remotely sound like eachother. Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 685534
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:19 am

The only two Soul Embraced albums I enjoyed were Fleshless and For The Incomplete. After that, too much of the metalcore sound took over (and then became completely dominant).

PostSubject: Re: Soul Embraced Revisited   Soul Embraced Revisited - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Embraced Revisited
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2