Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Troublezone
Olafsto
Schbopo
GrandNational
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:04 pm

One more article about ignorant people and their disgusting ways. It's sad that in the 21C, this still happens by people who think they are "religious":

http://www.forward.com/articles/4360/
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Kids these days....
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:28 am

Ah Israel.
Don`t get me started on that topic, I`ll proparbly end up beeing banned for life here Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 am

Olafsto wrote:
Ah Israel.
Don`t get me started on that topic, I`ll proparbly end up beeing banned for life here Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_smile

Don't worry Olafsto, I once called Israel Israhell here and man did some people turn on me. I didn't post for a few months because some people feel discussing Israel is a no-no and labeled me as an "anti-Semite" which is far from the truth and way ridiculous. Those clergymen being spat at are my people and it's very personal, and they've been there way longer than any Eastern European Jew claiming Israel. It's kind of like Hui Chinese Muslims claiming Mecca and getting rid of the Arabs. I'll stop there before I get banned and this thread gets locked Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_lol .

Here's another lovely article from Israel: http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=6737
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:29 am

The Christians are the biggest supporters of the jews and they act like this? Goes to show the intolerance of anything "extreme"... A few rotten apples CAN spoil the whole bunch.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:04 am

Troublezone wrote:
The Christians are the biggest supporters of the jews and they act like this? Goes to show the intolerance of anything "extreme"... A few rotten apples CAN spoil the whole bunch.

I think their support comes from ignorance and insecurity. Many honest and good-willed people feel that by supporting Jews/Israel, they're fulfilling some Biblical prophecy and helping to usher in the "End Times" without really knowing who or what they're supporting. For that, I truly mourn for those people with such a mindset. But I think a lot of people are waking up to the reality of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:59 am

Troublezone wrote:

What many people seem to forget though is that fundamentalist Christian support of Israel has nothing to do with "love of Jews" or anything like that, and actually features some undercurrents of antisemitism (note though that this doesn't go for every Christian supporter of Israel).

But yeah, this is pretty bad, but not any worse than what white Christian Europeans have done to Jews for centuries (not that that condones these actions, but at least they don't go around killing them or anything like that).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Ultimately i'm not surprised by this. Jesus was persecuted... so why wouldn't his followers be treated the same? When it's all said and done, things will be different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
than what white Christian Europeans have done to Jews for centuries

or what white christian europeans have done to other white christian europeans. Hate is strong, people love to exploit differences, however small. It still goes on today and always will, unfortunately.

A side note: I firmly believe that Jewish folks are God's chosen people because they have been "chosen" to be an example to the rest of us. They aren't chosen to be destined for anything that regular peeps aren't able to attain. Historically, it seems that they have been God's guinea pigs (no disrespect)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Quote :

A side note: I firmly believe that Jewish folks are God's chosen people because they have been "chosen" to be an example to the rest of us. They aren't chosen to be destined for anything that regular peeps aren't able to attain. Historically, it seems that they have been God's guinea pigs (no disrespect)

And that all goes back to God's covenant with Abraham. And because of Christ the rest of us can belong too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

And that all goes back to God's covenant with Abraham. And because of Christ the rest of us can belong too.

Amen!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:39 pm

All I have to say is this:

"Church Flap" would be a great band name.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:20 pm

On a semi-related note: I love wishing people a "Happy Ramadan" during this time of year and watching their reactions; most are horrified, as if I had just said "I'm a terrorist and I have a bomb strapped to my chest". Messing with people is fun.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm with GN, the Western church can eat me. I have no reason to put them or any other group on any pedestal.

Re: the attacks...welcome to the region of the world where sense will never make sense, no matter how much firepower any side puts behind it. Build a fence around the place.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:49 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I think their support comes from ignorance and insecurity. Many honest and good-willed people feel that by supporting Jews/Israel, they're fulfilling some Biblical prophecy and helping to usher in the "End Times" without really knowing who or what they're supporting. For that, I truly mourn for those people with such a mindset. But I think a lot of people are waking up to the reality of the situation.

I agree with you 100% on this GrandNational!
Not sure I share your optimism when it comes to people waking up though, but i sure hope you are right.
Must be frustrating to have the history you and your people have, and not be able to tell about it without being labeled anti semite or worse....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
than what white Christian Europeans have done to Jews for centuries

or what white christian europeans have done to other white christian europeans. Hate is strong, people love to exploit differences, however small. It still goes on today and always will, unfortunately.

and hate is not limited to White European Christians. In fact - its not limited to Christians but is an equal opportunity offender.

SpectreFate wrote:

I think there are Jews who are completed now but I dont take the political nation of Israel to be the nation that Scripture talks about.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Must be frustrating to have the history you and your people have, and not be able to tell about it without being labeled anti semite or worse....

Exactly! I can only pray that things will change before too many of the original inhabitants leave because of the hostile territory.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:31 am

GrandNational wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

Exactly! I can only pray that things will change before too many of the original inhabitants leave because of the hostile territory.

I wonder if God would be ok with them fighting back? I don't see why they should take the abuse.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

I wonder if God would be ok with them fighting back? I don't see why they should take the abuse.

I think the Israeli gov't now has guards and officers around areas where they know these ultra-orthodox students/rabbis spit at priests and Christians just in general. What they usually do is walk by and get close, spit, and then just run. So childish and stupid. They just need to grow up and not bite the hand that feeds them.

These guys are so fond of spitting at people: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/06/2617502.htm
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:59 am

GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

I think the Israeli gov't now has guards and officers around areas where they know these ultra-orthodox students/rabbis spit at priests and Christians just in general. What they usually do is walk by and get close, spit, and then just run. So childish and stupid. They just need to grow up and not bite the hand that feeds them.

These guys are so fond of spitting at people: [url=http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/06/2617502.htm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/06/2617502.htm[/quote[/url]]

The ultra-orthodox students and rabbis should get tasered every time they choose to spit on the Christians.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 am

and an xtian should get tasered every time they look down at anyone else. fair is fair.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:25 am

mc666 wrote:
and an xtian should get tasered every time they look down at anyone else. fair is fair.

An insult is either sustained or destroyed -- not by the disposition of those who insult, but by the disposition of those who bear it. -St. John Chrysostom
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:30 am

mc666 wrote:

How would you like to get spit on... from what i understand the Christians are not the ones looking for trouble. As far as 'looking down' on people... Richard Dawkins is begging for it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:34 am

GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:

An insult is either sustained or destroyed -- not by the disposition of those who insult, but by the disposition of those who bear it. -St. John Chrysostom
wise quote, but is spitting not an insult? if not then i accept my error. but if so, shouldn't you have posted this quote a bit earlier.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:46 am

mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:

wise quote, but is spitting not an insult? if not then i accept my error. but if so, shouldn't you have posted this quote a bit earlier.

It's an insult for sure. It just depends on how you react to it. You can either sustain it by spitting back (as you said, fair is fair), or you can walk away from it or even ask them to spit again so you can take the power back into your hands. I was taught that turning the other cheek meant taking power over those people that hit/insult you. Basically like, OK you got me, here, hit me again, it's me allowing you to do it, it's not you, your force doesn't have much power over me. It's not about being weak and being abused, it's about standing up for yourself and basically giving them the middle finger and then walking away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva   Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Church Flap In Jerusalem: Bad Blood — And Saliva
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next