Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saliva

Go down 
+14
Hadley
Gilbert
Stender
JBall_Z
Vexer6
mlotek
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
troublemagnet
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
nevermore
manny
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Anyone like this band? If so, what do you recommend?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:48 pm

I had one album and I disliked them, I guess they are not bad at what they do but there are so many bands who play similar type of music and they add nothing to it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm not really a fan of these guys.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:00 am

Mmmmm.....nope, nope, nope, nope.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:30 am

I have one of their CD's, can;t remember which one, so I guess they aren't too memoriable
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:38 am

Any music group that's named Saliva wouldn't even get heard. That's why I've never heard Ween, Garbage,Cake, Sublime, Godsmack, Coal Chamber,Nickleback, etc. If your band has a lame name, forget it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:06 am

We had a promo copy of their debut (?) album here at work. I didn't care for it. Sorta the rap-rock thing that was all the rage in the late 90's if I remember correctly.

I think they moved away from it when that trend died and morphed into more hard rock territory on their 2nd album. I think Nikki Sixx wrote a song or 2 with them. Don't know what happened to them after that.

EDIT: apparently they have 7 albums out. I had no idea they were so prolific. Anyone remember this "hit"...

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:17 am

Yes I remember and I hate you for posting it. I didn't listen but reading the chorus has it playing in my head now.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:22 am

NOPE! I recommend none of them!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:26 am

I never got into the rapcore thing much. I don't remember that song at all.

I watched the entire video. Sort of a weird concept, guy pukes, hot girl kisses puke mouth kid, kid gets bored kissing hot girl and instead goes out and slam dances. Ehhhhh, ok.

I was sort of hoping that someone would like them here and give me a point of reference to listen to their CDs. Are they all as bad as that song?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:38 am

I think the NBA and NHL used allot of their music (like 'Click, Click Boom') in promos and stuff. That's why I knew of them. They were pretty popular for about 15 minutes, then when the whole rap-rock thing became old hat, they tried to move with the times and ended up fading into obscurity. They kinda remind me of Papa Roach for the same reason. I think both bands are still putting out music though. Someone must like 'em.

Quote :
I was sort of hoping that someone would like them here and give me a point of reference to listen to their CDs. Are they all as bad as that song?

I dunno. Their later albums might be more mainstream rock, less rap. Honestly though, you're probably just better off moving along and forgetting about these guys. There is much better stuff you could be listening to. You don't have any of THE SWORD albums on your site yet. Start there. Get Warp Riders, STAT!! Very Happy

Administrator
ultmetal

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You don't have any of THE SWORD albums on your site yet. Start there. Get Warp Riders, STAT!! Very Happy

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/thesword.html

The reason I am asking is because someone sent me nearly their entire catalog to review. I'll give any band a listen once. Sometimes it just helps to start with the right album. I spun a couple of them and they didn't really trip my trigger, but I was spinning them at work, so I wasn't really paying attention to them much either.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:51 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
You don't have any of THE SWORD albums on your site yet. Start there. Get Warp Riders, STAT!! Very Happy

[url=http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/thesword.html
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/thesword.html[/quote[/url]]

Whoops, my bad. Smile Is that a recent addition? Either way, killer album, good review.

Administrator
ultmetal

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

[url=http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/thesword.html
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/thesword.html[/quote[/url]]

Whoops, my bad. Smile Is that a recent addition? Either way, killer album, good review.

It's been there for a few months now. I nearly had another of their CDs in my hand about a month ago, but ended up putting it down to get the Gillan live CD instead.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:55 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Yes I remember and I hate you for posting it. I didn't listen but reading the chorus has it playing in my head now.

Sorry about that. That's uncalled for on a Monday morning. Very Happy

You know, I didn't have to watch the video either. I just went to youtube and typed in Saliva. That was the first video that popped up and I immediately said "Oh yea, ugg, I remember that song".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:56 am

That song is good, reminds me of KAZZER (their big hit was Pedal to the Metal), and sort of like Godsmack and Papa Roach.
Not a huge fan of those bands, but better than a LOT of others on mainstream radio stations.
I'll check Saliva out some more, maybe will like them,I think they might have been used for theme songs for WWE pay per views?
I do get kind of bored of that style, especially when the singing gets too close to rap.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 am

ultmetal wrote:
someone sent me nearly their entire catalog to review.

Somebody must really hate you. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
someone sent me nearly their entire catalog to review.

Somebody must really hate you. Laughing

It was either that, or a flaming bag of dog poop on his doorstep. But I couldn't make the drive to Arizona.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:34 pm

I'd recommend you listen to they're albums-"Blood Stained Love Story" "Cinco Diablo" and "Survival Of The Sickest"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
I'd recommend you listen to they're albums-"Blood Stained Love Story" "Cinco Diablo" and "Survival Of The Sickest"

Thanks.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Thanks.

Now see, I'm different. I really like "Every Six Seconds" and "Back Into Your System", but was disappointed with "Survival of the Sickest" and never listened to anything that followed.

Love the Nikki Sixx penned song "Rest in Pieces" from "Back Into Your System".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:40 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Thanks.

Now see, I'm different. I really like "Every Six Seconds" and "Back Into Your System", but was disappointed with "Survival of the Sickest" and never listened to anything that followed.

Love the Nikki Sixx penned song "Rest in Pieces" from "Back Into Your System".

What did you like better about Every Six Seconds and Back Into Your System? What was disappointing about "Survival of the Sickest"?

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:01 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
Any music group that's named Saliva wouldn't even get heard. That's why I've never heard Ween, Garbage,Cake, Sublime, Godsmack, Coal Chamber,Nickleback, etc. If your band has a lame name, forget it.

Ween really really dosnt deserve to be lumped in with those bands. Naming your band "ween" and giving you and your friend the pseudonyms "dean and Gene ween" is completely acceptable when your in junior high school and taking psycadelics.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 am

Bad, bad band.

Not even close to metal.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm

I do enjoy them, but knowing your tastes, i'd reccomend "survival of the sickest", as its got kind of a sleazy hard rock vibe (albiet a more modern one). "Blood Stained Love Story" is also good and has more mature lyrics (as josey scott was becoming more religious around that time) but is closer to the sound of the earlier stuff. Havent heard any of their stuff since then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saliva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saliva
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next