Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:26 am

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
Umm... Lacuna Coil are better in my opinion. Cristina can sing.

To be honest LE aren't gothic... they aren't even dark! Just viking/folk metal really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liv_Kristine.jpg

And hot? Really? O.o
the music is not really my taste, but decent for what it is. c'mon though, the woman is in her 30's. there are going to be some flaws to her physical beauty. she's still better looking than 70% of the entertainers out there.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 am

mc666 wrote:

To be honest LE aren't gothic... they aren't even dark! Just viking/folk metal really.

And hot? Really? O.o
the music is not really my taste, but decent for what it is. c'mon though, the woman is in her 30's. there are going to be some flaws to her physical beauty. she's still better looking than 70% of the entertainers out there.

I agree. It's not fair to just try to find a 'bad' picture. What if someone took a picture of you right after taking a nap? There might be a few flaws as well.

Here's a pic that does Liv justice:

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Livkristine_Promo20
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:52 am

^^ Justice? How much make-up can you fit on one face? O.o

To be honest I wouldn't care if someone took a picture of me after I had slept Razz Bedhair ftw!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:55 am

^^ Justice? How much make-up can you fit on one face? O.o

To be honest I wouldn't care if someone took a picture of me after I had slept Razz Bedhair ftw!

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 201269

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:30 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
mc666 wrote:

And hot? Really? O.o

I agree. It's not fair to just try to find a 'bad' picture. What if someone took a picture of you right after taking a nap? There might be a few flaws as well.

Here's a pic that does Liv justice:

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Livkristine_Promo20
Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 29150
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

You no likey?

This is WAY better than Lacuna Coil dude.

At least in my humble opinion.

Ehh, I dunno, I guess this Medieval/pirate/gothic chick fronted stuff isn't really my bag. I've given Epica and Nightwish fair shakes in the past too and they didn't do much for me either.

I kinda agree with what ChaliceofFemmeMetal sez about Leave's Eyes -- her voice isn't really strong enough to carry this kinda material. She sounds too "dreamy" to me if that makes any sense. It sounds like...I dunno, like an Olivia Newton John/Grave Digger mashup that some kid whipped up in his bedroom as a joke and put on YouTube. Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_lol

"Dreamy" is exactly the word I'd use to describe her voice. That's why I liker her, almost every frontwoman in these genres sound like either Floor, Tarja, Christina, or Simmone. Only Liv sounds like Liv. The comment about lack of solos is one problem I'm beginning to have with this genre but both the latest Leaves' Eyes and Epica albums have improved on that aspect. Like MB said, this is a case of love or hate them and opinons run rampant here. There is no way to really measure how good or bad something is sometimes and this is the case here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:31 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
"Dreamy" is exactly the word I'd use to describe her voice. That's why I liker her, almost every frontwoman in these genres sound like either Floor, Tarja, Christina, or Simmone. Only Liv sounds like Liv.

What he said!

The 'dreamy' aspect of her vocals is what I love about them!

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 778825 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:33 pm

"Dreamy" is how I'd describe them too because they put me to sleep.

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
"Dreamy" is how I'd describe them too because they put me to sleep.

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Lol

I've made my opinion of Leaves' Eyes so abundantly clear over and over that ragging on them isn't even fun anymore.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I've made my opinion of Leaves' Eyes so abundantly clear over and over that ragging on them isn't even fun anymore.

Yeah, this is the age old battle between the two of us.

Oh - and Therion's "Gothic Kabbalah".

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 395375
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Then why bother?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Because if you set me up with an easy pitch like "dreamy vocals", it's my responsibility to take a swing at it.

Other than that, you'll notice I pretty much stayed out of this thread.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Besides, as MB stated, Leaves' Eyes has been a running gag between us for years.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Because if you set me up with an easy pitch like "dreamy vocals", it's my responsibility to take a swing at it.

Touche'
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 84826

It's all in good fun. MB & I used to argue more seriously about this band but now it's just a running joke between us. I usually won't even post in an LE thread unless I can contribute a semi-decent joke.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Besides, as MB stated, Leaves' Eyes has been a running gag between us for years.
And me! Truer words have never been said!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:57 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
And me! Truer words have never been said!

Yep, 7th too has been drinking the LE Koolaid for years.

I actually have their first two but gave up on them after that.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:47 am

tohostudios wrote:
Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 84826

It's all in good fun. MB & I used to argue more seriously about this band but now it's just a running joke between us. I usually won't even post in an LE thread unless I can contribute a semi-decent joke.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2