Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Empty
PostSubject: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:06 pm

Stumbled on this clip earlier today. I am not familar enough with other "betty's" in the genre' to compare her voice to any of thiers. Like the viking film vibe of the video. Is this worth checking into further ?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 pm

nein
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Yes. Leaves' Eyes is excellent. At their core, though, they're no different than the droves of other quasi doom-death/goth metal bands with a female lead vocalist. They stand out a bit because Liv Kristine has a somewhat unique sound to her voice.

Still, they're one of the best doing this style. Definitely recommended.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:52 pm

James B. wrote:
Stumbled on this clip earlier today. I am not familar enough with other "betty's" in the genre' to compare her voice to any of thiers. Like the viking film vibe of the video. Is this worth checking into further ?

With all respect to Metallic Blaze, I have the first 2 discs by this band that I bought during my "female symphonic metal" phase. IMO, this band's CDs are only worth buying if you are suffering from a severe case of insomnia. Liv Kristine's vocals are just too thin and reedy to hold my attention for any more than 10 seconds.

Last edited by tohostudios on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:04 am

She's hot though!

That's all I got to say about this band. Yes, I realize I'm shallow. So don't bother pointing it out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Yes. Leaves' Eyes is excellent. At their core, though, they're no different than the droves of other quasi doom-death/goth metal bands with a female lead vocalist. They stand out a bit because Liv Kristine has a somewhat unique sound to her voice.

Still, they're one of the best doing this style. Definitely recommended.

I agree they are excellent!!! If you like female fronted gothic metal, look into this band ASAP! If you like this song posted in this thread - look into them! All their stuff is like that. Very good band all around, and one of my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks people...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:24 am

Do you know Sirenia? Similar idea but more musically filling, though there is some pukey commercial stuff there too. Try 'Nine Destinies And A Downfall'. The problem with this 'genre' is that it's a 'genre' now. Chuggy guitars with no riffs, few leads, one tempo the whole album, and poor use of light and shade with vocalists who are usually actually good vocalists - poor in that they're only highlighted for the pop chorus. Ughhhz. But I do think some Sirenia to be good.

Now if you're just looking for gothic metal in general I could throw a number of things at you, however, the femme voice does not a gothic band make, it's just a common ingredient.. Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Sirenia is AWESOME! So is Leaves Eyes. Neither band can do any wrong.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:47 am

I have been a fan of this band for several years! I have all their EPs and LPs! Can't wait to see them play live in September! 10/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Well, for a start I swear I'd already heard this material by the time it came out! The band hasn't evolved at all, Liv's voice is even more thickly layered and fake. The only decent thing is the music to be honest.

2/10
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:33 pm

on the contrary dear.

10/10

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
on the contrary dear.

10/10

For some strange reason, I think Chalice's opinion is more unbiased.

Not sure why that is Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_lol

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:44 am

tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
on the contrary dear.

10/10

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 201269

I admit. I'm a Leaves' Eyes fanboy. I just can't help myself.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
on the contrary dear.

10/10

Same here! Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
on the contrary dear.

10/10

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 438278 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 438278
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:47 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
on the contrary dear.

10/10

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 395375 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 395375

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 438278 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 438278
Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 721884 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 721884
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Leaveseyes3
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:05 pm

So anyway, the constant re-bumping of this thread finally got me curious enough to watch the video clip in the first post. Never heard the band till now.

aaaaaaaaaand... um..... yeah, she's still hot.

That's all I got to say.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So anyway, the constant re-bumping of this thread finally got me curious enough to watch the video clip in the first post. Never heard the band till now.

aaaaaaaaaand... um..... yeah, she's still hot.

That's all I got to say.

You no likey?

This is WAY better than Lacuna Coil dude.

At least in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

You no likey?

This is WAY better than Lacuna Coil dude.

At least in my humble opinion.

Ehh, I dunno, I guess this Medieval/pirate/gothic chick fronted stuff isn't really my bag. I've given Epica and Nightwish fair shakes in the past too and they didn't do much for me either.

I kinda agree with what ChaliceofFemmeMetal sez about Leave's Eyes -- her voice isn't really strong enough to carry this kinda material. She sounds too "dreamy" to me if that makes any sense. It sounds like...I dunno, like an Olivia Newton John/Grave Digger mashup that some kid whipped up in his bedroom as a joke and put on YouTube. Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Yeah, this band seems like an either 'love or hate em' kinda of band.

I've loved Leaves Eyes since first hearing them many years ago.

But a lot of people don't. They're not for everyone.

I just love them though. But that's me.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:13 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 26156

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Leaveseyes3
Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 209773 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_cheers Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 495333 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 564665 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 634442 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 253444 Leave's Eyes-My Destiny 37951
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Umm... Lacuna Coil are better in my opinion. Cristina can sing.

To be honest LE aren't gothic... they aren't even dark! Just viking/folk metal really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liv_Kristine.jpg

And hot? Really? O.o
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:35 pm

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:

To be honest LE aren't gothic... they aren't even dark! Just viking/folk metal really.

Yea, I know L.E. aren't exactly "gothic," but I was speaking in general about the whole explosion of operatic-styled female fronted acts and how with an exception or two, not many of 'em do much for me... some are symphonic, some are Gothic, some are medieval, yadda yadda yadda.

ChaliceofFemmeMetal wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liv_Kristine.jpg

And hot? Really? O.o

CRIKEY! Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_eek Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Affraid Those new hi-def cameras really do expose every flaw don't they?? Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_biggrin
...ehhh, what can I say, I'm extremely shallow. Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_lol Besides, I like blondes. That's why I married one. Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leave's Eyes-My Destiny   Leave's Eyes-My Destiny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leave's Eyes-My Destiny
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next