Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live

Go down 
+2
mc666
DallasBlack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Empty
PostSubject: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:30 pm

Any fans of Leaves' Eyes would do well to catch them live. Just saw them in concert with Kamelot and was blown away by the energy. Liv Kristine is even more beautiful in person and Alexander Krull did a great job of getting the crown riled up. After their last song Krull stage dived and crowd surfed and after he got back on stage Liv thanked us for not letting her husband crash to the floor. I was able to get autographs from the band (unfortunately I forgot my digital camera, a mistake I will rectify next time). Liv was very nice and polite and when I told her that Theatre of Tragedy were idiots for firing her, she did the classy thing and said that all things happen for a reason and her dismissal allowed Leaves' Eyes to come into being. Krull was a nice guy as well and he had a good laugh and thanked me when I told him he was a lucky man. Kamelot was awesome as well. I was surprised to see so many Kamelot fans considering this was in Ft. Worth, TX which is not well known for power metal. Roy Kahn's voice was in prime form and boy did the Ft. Worth crowd love him. For the vocalist of a band that has no radio play in the states to get that kind of admiration shows me that he really is one of the best vocalist in metal today.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:07 pm

I kind of find Liv Kristine to be a bit...odd-looking. No doubt she's pretty, but not the goddess some make her out to be.

That said, both bands are killer! I also like Liv's solo material.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:12 pm

I understand, I feel the same about Angelina Jolie, but as they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I'll check out her solo stuff though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I understand, I feel the same about Angelina Jolie, but as they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I'll check out her solo stuff though.
Her solo stuff is nothing like Leaves' Eyes or Theatre Of Tragedy. If you're not a fan of chicks like Sarah McLachlan and such, I'd try befor you buy. In fact, her solo stuff is a bit more poppy than Sarah McLachlan.

As for Angelina Jolie, I used to think she was damn hot, but now she's lost so much weight her arms look like giant penises, with all the nasty veins sticking out and stuff. sick
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:47 pm

i like early Theatre Of Tragedy, the first 3, but that's about it as far as Liv is concerned. she has a lovely voice though.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:15 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Her solo stuff is nothing like Leaves' Eyes or Theatre Of Tragedy. If you're not a fan of chicks like Sarah McLachlan and such, I'd try befor you buy. In fact, her solo stuff is a bit more poppy than Sarah McLachlan.

As for Angelina Jolie, I used to think she was damn hot, but now she's lost so much weight her arms look like giant penises, with all the nasty veins sticking out and stuff. sick

In that case I'll probably skip her stuff because I was not a fan of any Theatre of Tragedy after Velvet Darkness They Fear.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:46 pm

Bump for blackie

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:05 am

Hey thanks Ult! In fact - I was just at this same show in Albuquerque!!!

I wrote a review on another board - here it is!

I just got back from this incredible show! My ears are ringing, my neck and back are sore, my throat is sore. I've not banged my head like this since I was a teen - and perhaps not even that much then.

I am astounded.

First of all I want to say that BOTH bands were incredible. Kamelot had a lot more money to work with, so they had the better light show. Incredible lighting and smoke. Leaves' Eyes had a very good performance, but they didn't have the lights and what not that Kamelot did. But it didn't matter. They made up for it in charisma and charm.

After seeing both bands live, I will laugh at anyone who says these bands are 'weak'. See them live and you won't think so anymore. That's bullsh*t. These bands BOTH kick arse live and in the studio.

I got to meet Alexander Krull and Liv Kristine from Leaves' Eyes. They were two of the most awesome people I've met from any band. Very humble, nice and they were so easy to talk to.

I didn't even try to talk to them, which was the funny part. I didn't talk to Liv very much, but I ran into Alexander by accident - and we just started talking. It was very cool.

Anyway - on with the show - I'll divide this up into two parts: Leaves' Eyes and Kamelot - for those interested.

Leaves' Eyes

The show was late getting started, but that seems to be the norm with any concert. Doors opened at 8, and the show actually got started at about 9. It was supposed to be 8:30, but who's counting.

The lights went dim and then turned purple as the theme song to "Vinland Saga" rang through the speakers. The members of Leaves' Eyes came out of the back and Liv Kristine was dressed in her signature red dress. It was awesome. One of the best shows I've seen. Alexander Krull is a monster on stage. The whole crowd was banging their head. Not a one of them 'nodding off'.

Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Tease

I got really into this show as I have purchased all of Leaves' Eyes studio albums and was very familiar with the songs. Anyway ... they played a very good set of songs and Liv's vocals were 'spot on'. Alexander has to be my favorite death metal vocalist. He's also a very good showman on stage. Liv is quite shy really, but he balances her out nicely.

I just seen Lacuna Coil live a few months ago - and I must say Leaves' Eyes kicked their bunghole!!! No contest. Nothing against Lacuna Coil, and I did like their show too ... but this was 'magical' almost. Words fail me.

As they left the stage, Liv grabbed my hand as I reached out to her. It was so amazing as I didn't think she would notice me. I was in the front, but so were a lot of other people. (so I don't think I'll wash my hand for a long time now). lol. Seriously though, she is a phenominal singer and there were not any mistakes that I could tell. The sound was great, the chemistry was great. One of those rare concerts that you always remember as being perfect. I was amazed at how well things went the whole night. Liv was smiling and Alexander just commanded the club like a metal general gearing up for war.

After the show, when I got to talk to him, he mentioned how he saw me really getting into it. That was cool of him to say that, because I was just compelled at this show to really get into it. I guess that's why my neck hurts so bad though lol.

Kamelot

WOW WOW WOW. I'm almost at a loss for words to describe this show. These guys blew me away to the point where I just am still astonished. From a blind-folded violinist, to perfectly hit notes throughout the whole set, Kamelot kicked EVERYONE'S booty at this club. Anyone who thinks Kamelot is 'weak' has obviously never taken the time to see them live, or give their studio stuff a proper chance. This band is INCREDIBLE live and in the studio. Incredible. Roy Khan just masters the art of showmanship. He got up on the speakers like a metal god and began singing while holding out his arms like he was about to swallow up the whole club. Rainbow colored smoke swarmed the room and put the whole audience in a trance. He writhes on the floor like a serpent one moment and the next jumps up on top of things - all the while never missing a beat, note or key. With black leather metal studded pants, Khan took the stage by storm and didnt' relent until executing a very long set and one encore. Extremely underrated. (Kamelot and Leaves' Eyes are both extremely underrated for that matter.) Each member of the band displayed such confidence and technique. Something that is missing in many of the newer bands today.

With dual female and male vocals throughout the set, Kamelot tore it up. Strobe lights entwined the drums for most of the set - creating a perfect atmosphere for their power metal to seep into the audience. The guitars and keyboards were very enchanting as the ripping solos from both instruments hit our ears with absolute precision. I'm actually at a point where I must say, this might very well have been the best show I've ever seen. Especially in a club setting.

Then for the encore, Alexander Krull (Leaves Eyes, Atrocity) joined Khan in a very well done duet that had the whole place up in a roar! Nobody wanted this show to end. I got in my truck afterward and just sat there. Very few concerts have had the magic this one had for me. I can't even sleep and I'm exhausted.

Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Stopthemadness

One other striking thing about this show was the comradery, or brotherhood. There was metal love everywhere. People were headbanging together in a spirit of unity that I've not witnessed since the 80s metal scene. It was amazing. I made about 10 new friends tonight. And it was so easy. I am really failing to find the right words to describe this concert. It was amazing. I'm not exaggerating one bit either.

If you get the chance to see Kamelot or Leaves' Eyes - don't miss them. You won't be sorry.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 5:50 am

I think I must've caught the one UK date of these two bands as they both played at Progpower UK, one after another. Both great bands. I didn't actually know anything of Leaves' Eyes bar they had Liv Kristine but I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were.

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:53 pm

I was singing along to every Leaves' Eyes song when I seen them! I've been into them from their very first album!

I love that band.

I wasn't familiar with all the Kamelot songs though. I had not purchased their new one, "Ghost Opera" until the concert - and that is what they mainly played. They did however play some stuff from "The Black Halo" and "Karma" - I was happy about that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:56 pm

Whoops, sorry, wrong Kamelot thread. Never mind.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 9:03 am

blackieboy wrote:
I was singing along to every Leaves' Eyes song when I seen them! I've been into them from their very first album!

I was a huge fan of Liv when I first heard Theatre Of Tragedy's Velvet Darkness almost ten years ago. So when I heard she was back into the world of metal (Theatre turned their back on us a while back) I picked up the first two and I am in the same boat with you brother, Leaves' Eyes kick bunghole!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 12:00 pm

I was at the show in minneapolis and i thought it was great. its my second time seeing leaves eyes and first seeing kamelot. the only downfall to that show was the sound. its a really small club and it doesnt have the greatest system. oh well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:20 pm

The sound at the club I seen them at kicked!!! I was actually pretty impressed all round with it.

Dallasblack: 🤘
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:06 pm

I am also a major LE fan! You're not alone, DB! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:25 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I am also a major LE fan! You're not alone, DB! \'arry \'eadbanger

cool headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live   Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaves' Eyes/Kamelot Live
Page 1 of 1